Any insecurities you authors have about your novels?

how to continue making it interesting.

I am quite confident about how I started my story, at least I think many people also see it the same way as me. But I am afraid it will get boring quickly. That's why I was stuck writing one-shots in the past.

it's pretty much the same with me. i write really slowly and lost interest rather quickly, especially since i'm just doing it for fun.

there's just a lot of fun things to focus on, but with my work and all the entertainment out there, it's easy to sideline my writing, especially since no one's really dropping by likes, comments, and encouragement.

while i like writing, i feel that i'm not really getting rewarded for my efforts, so as long I see it as a paidless work instead of a leisure, i will just stop writing or if i do it, i'll keep it to myself.

one time, when i got too honest on my writings, people rating bombed me, which caused a permanent trust issue with readers, in my case.

shiopan

it's pretty much the same with me. i write really slowly and lost interest rather quickly, especially since i'm just doing it for fun.

there's just a lot of fun things to focus on, but with my work and all the entertainment out there, it's easy to sideline my writing, especially since no one's really dropping by likes, comments, and encouragement.

while i like writing, i feel that i'm not really getting rewarded for my efforts, so as long I see it as a paidless work instead of a leisure, i will just stop writing or if i do it, i'll keep it to myself.

one time, when i got too honest on my writings, people rating bombed me, which caused a permanent trust issue with readers, in my case.
Oof I get what you mean. I write super slow and don't have any patience to store up chapters as most people do. I thought I am the only one struggling with losing interest.

And you are right about encouragement and motivation. I get more money and appreciation by doing novel translations instead of writing it myself. That's why I don't really update my novel often.

TheMangaGod

NOT a Yandere Imouto Loli Goddess I Swear
My biggest insecurity is whether people will like the same things I do, I'm writing a story I like because I like the character's and plot and finding out that no one else thinks my story is interesting is scary.

IDreamNovels

For now, my biggest fear is people not reading my novel. That and losing what little readers I have. :sweat_smile:

I've yet to experience this on SH or RR, but I already lost a few collections on WN. :blob_teary:
I try to convince myself they probably never wanted to add my novel in their library in the first place, because the WN app sometimes automatically adds novels-I've experienced it myself.

Or maybe most of the WN readers are pampered ones and expect a chapter every day, because I lost a few collections for every day I didn't update. :blob_catflip:

D

Deleted member 12793

I guess my number one insecurity is that my writing can be confusing at times.
Or more like the actions of my characters and the plot can get confusing as the story continues.
And that there is a lot of inconsistencies.

I used to write short novels, no more than around 20-25 chapters.
But after I started writing the novel below, I realized how difficult it is
to make sure the plot stays on point.