Any Personal Quirks/Kinks Made It to Your Writing?

EternalSunset0

As authors, we all have our own biases. We all have stuff that we all hate or love so much from a personal standpoint. How have you noticed those appearing in your work? Any personal character traits you like/hate that you intentionally transpose into your characters or world, probably stuff that readers would notice eventually as they read more of your story/stories?

Perhaps a specific design choice that you unconsciously put on a lot of your characters, or you can share even the more risque sides of the equation.

And yes, I intentionally worded the title that way to include the more NSFW sides of the whole thing. So yeah, come at me with your fetishes and such, too. Maybe you find yourself writing smut that heavily favors a certain kind? Maybe you find yourself really loving to torment your characters or have them mentally break down? Or maybe you're so fond of shounen anime you double down on the nakama power or something?

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Hehehe... Fetishes... I write smut, favoring the romantic passion behind it. Is that a fetish? Probably is.

I also love tormenting my characters... I mean, I am not happy why should they! Though their endings are happier than mine...

I also tend to make characters with OP powers tormented by them. Often to the point of mania.

Uh, I probably have many more that I don't realize I have. :blob_blank:

EternalSunset0

Subtle? What do you mean exactly? :s_wink:
I mean, when in anime, you just see it in passing instead of having the action stop or having it plastered all across the screen. I'm not picky, but there's an art to pseudo-subtlety

Maybe like in those action shots where a miniskirt wearing girl jumps, and someone will catch it as a freeze-frame bonus of the panties slightly peeking out.

As they say

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
If I write a protagonist, they must know how to cook. If they cannot cook, then they are a failure of a protagonist and must learn to be a culinary master later on on their journey.

EternalSunset0

Ho, I write smut and in my current novel, some of my fetishes in there :blob_whistle::blob_hide:
So you like BDSM and play slavery? 👀
If I write a protagonist, they must know how to cook. If they cannot cook, then they are a failure of a protagonist and must learn to be a culinary master later on on their journey.
Ryuji approves. Do people here still even remember Toradora?

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Wait is everyone talking about their fetishes? Umm, does gore count? Cause in the words of one of my characters.

"What's wrong with torture? It's an art. Much like how humans desire each other's flesh, and seek pleasure in copulation. I seek pleasure in blood and gore, when life gushes out of their wounds and their organs burst forth from their body, I find it mesmerizing. There is such... beauty in death, it relieves me of my stress.
Just to be clear, my basement is clean.

EternalSunset0

Uh, yeah. I like that :sweating_profusely:

Its just one of the things... :blob_no::blob_pat_sad::blob_whistle:
I can empathize with the :sweating_profusely: so much
Wait is everyone talking about their fetishes? Umm, does gore count? Cause in the words of one of my characters.

"What's wrong with torture? It's an art. Much like how humans desire each other's flesh, and seek pleasure in copulation. I seek pleasure in blood and gore, when life gushes out of their wounds and their organs burst forth from their body, I find it mesmerizing. There is such... beauty in death, it relieves me of my stress.
Just to be clear, my basement is clean.
Everything counts. Fetishes or even the more innocent things all count.

I just want to open the floor for us writers to discuss things that may be quite interesting. Probably could act as a little trivia for all of us to, to get to know each other more, I guess.

TotallyHuman

Being very asocial, many of my characters are asocial too, though I try to justify it most of the time.
I'm a mesanthrop, so many of my characters are either complete assholes and they side with humanity, or are main characters and usually are open to or outright act to grind human civilization to dust/enslave them/act pro anti-humanist agendas or do very psychopathic things like human experimentation. Many characters subconsciously belittle the idea of free will or human emotion.
I had an art hobby a while back and that left me with a huge appreciation for the beauty of nature, so all my characters love nature to some extent
Another way being a mesanthrop affected my writing is that all forms of higher powers are either indifferent (mostly) or malevolent to lesser lifeforms. Lesser beings also have no way of resisting the will of those higher powers

This was my biggest fear I had when I thought about starting to write. Your stories are yours. Your personality will eventually unconsciously seep in. You're essentially baring yourself naked for the world to see. What I noticed later on, and had to address, was the ratio of strong-willed women in the story. I also had to stop the MC from going through multiple existential crises, not sure if that's related though. There are probably more that I haven't caught onto yet.

Agentt

Thighs
My grammar, it is what you would call technically correct but feels unnatural. I write it purposely like that since I like it, eg
I like ice cream lots

EternalSunset0

Being very asocial, many of my characters are asocial too, though I try to justify it most of the time.
I'm a mesanthrop, so many of my characters are either complete assholes and they side with humanity, or are main characters and usually are open to or outright act to grind human civilization to dust/enslave them/act pro anti-humanist agendas or do very psychopathic things like human experimentation. Many characters subconsciously belittle the idea of free will or human emotion.
I had an art hobby a while back and that left me with a huge appreciation for the beauty of nature, so all my characters love nature to some extent
Another way being a mesanthrop affected my writing is that all forms of higher powers are either indifferent (mostly) or malevolent to lesser lifeforms. Lesser beings also have no way of resisting the will of those higher powers
Well that's certainly interesting. We have opposite philosophies in terms of free will, I guess. In my case, it's usually a stance of not accepting fate or the idea of a pre-planned future for you. That last sentence is especially opposite in that one of my favorite philosophies is how we can fight those higher powers, and it may not be realistic, but it's really comforting to at least pretend that we can, at least for a brief while in fiction.

That's a cool art hobby too. I like how despite the bleak and cynical nature you started with, your characters also have a side that appreciates beauty in nature.

ForestDweller

I mean, when in anime, you just see it in passing instead of having the action stop or having it plastered all across the screen. I'm not picky, but there's an art to pseudo-subtlety

Maybe like in those action shots where a miniskirt wearing girl jumps, and someone will catch it as a freeze-frame bonus of the panties slightly peeking out.

As they say

Ah, I can agree to that.

My pantyshots are more about the girl not realizing she's giving the delightful view to the MC though. :s_tongue:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
As authors, we all have our own biases. We all have stuff that we all hate or love so much from a personal standpoint. How have you noticed those appearing in your work? Any personal character traits you like/hate that you intentionally transpose into your characters or world, probably stuff that readers would notice eventually as they read more of your story/stories?

Perhaps a specific design choice that you unconsciously put on a lot of your characters, or you can share even the more risque sides of the equation.

And yes, I intentionally worded the title that way to include the more NSFW sides of the whole thing. So yeah, come at me with your fetishes and such, too. Maybe you find yourself writing smut that heavily favors a certain kind? Maybe you find yourself really loving to torment your characters or have them mentally break down? Or maybe you're so fond of shounen anime you double down on the nakama power or something?

My strange addiction is having women eat onion rings off my cock.

I dont know why I'm like this.

I dont know how to stop it

Help.