Anyone?

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Anyone know where I can get decent, free art for a novel cover? Doesn't need to be fancy, though I would prefer anime-esque

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
You can always browse DeviantArt for something you like and beg the artist to let you use it.

Jamminrabbit

Waifulabs, picrew, royalty free image hosting websites.

A lot of people tend to just take art and say and disclaim themselves, but it never hurts to ask an artist to use their work. Most of them time they'll say yes or have no response, and won't really charge you unless you're trying to commercialize it in any way. To them it's about as negligible as people using their art as profile pics anyway.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
Wiafu labs . I noticed my tastes are bizzare.

damm i am having trouble choosing between 1 and 3.

No one take them for there novels i am going to use them in my novel. 1st is 3rd after shape shifting

third to first looks like a fair and lovely ad.
I had this purple dirt on my face but fair lovely cleaned it all

Damm wiafu labs is good i had to refresh some times so that all i got was not moe blobs but finally something good

I must not be greedy but i like both first and third noooooo . first more. but no also third.

shape shifting excuse is not working

Attachments

• index.png
    index.png
    235.8 KB · Views: 81
  • waifu(1).png
    waifu(1).png
    286.6 KB · Views: 108
  • waifu(2).png
    waifu(2).png
    301.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

namio

Waifulabs, picrew, royalty free image hosting websites.

A lot of people tend to just take art and say and disclaim themselves, but it never hurts to ask an artist to use their work. Most of them time they'll say yes or have no response, and won't really charge you unless you're trying to commercialize it in any way. To them it's about as negligible as people using their art as profile pics anyway.
Though you might think they think it's negligible, a number of artists do find it disrespectful to use their arts for a public-facing things, even something as personal as a profile picture. It's not unlike someone taking your novel and slapping it on their Facebook as posts without credit. They might not gain any money out of it, but most people would feel miffed. There have been a number of Japanese artists who quit posting their art on the internet due to people just taking their arts and using it both without credit and with abandon, so yeah.

If you are using a specific artist's art, please do ask them and explain in brief what your novel is. They might choose not to give permission based on the premise or other things, but regardless, it's their art and not yours.

Royalty free images are a better source. This is a bit of a weird suggestion, but there are some people in gamemaking (eg. visual novel or RPGmaker, I've seen it in both) forums who would have free sprites for use-- you can try asking them if you can use the sprite for a book cover. You can probably edit it with other things to make the whole cover. These forums also tend to have royalty free backgrounds to mix and match, if that's to your liking. I've also seen some sprite sets on itch.io, often for about $5 or something.

UYScuti

Helium Fuser

Search these two and start a free trial if you see something you want to license. Get 10 photos from each, then cancel the billing. I’m not sure what they have as far as anime-esque, but they’d probably have something there that you’d like. A lot of fantasy illustrations/drawings etc.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off

Search these two and start a free trial if you see something you want to license. Get 10 photos from each, then cancel the billing. I’m not sure what they have as far as anime-esque, but they’d probably have something there that you’d like. A lot of fantasy illustrations/drawings etc.
Alright thanks man. And cancel the billing?

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
Alright thanks man. And cancel the billing?
They ask for a card or paypal. They don’t charge you, but if you go past the trial period or try to license more than 10 they will. I just took a bunch of pictures I liked and canceled it.