Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • I didn't know these existed

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
I've always found paid reviews to be scummy, whether its the entire hollywood industry, where rotten tomatoes reviews are in the 90% and audience score is like 30%, or on Amazon where it's very very clear that someone paid for reviews. I don't mind when authors incentivize readers to review though. Maybe a dollar off their next purchase of one of your books? Something like that. Many of the paid review sites don't actually read, they skim, and they give a decently high review, because that's what is expected of them.

Just my 2 cents. Play the game as you see fit though. I do understand industry pressure, but you should really think about what is implied by paying for reviews vs incentivizing people who already read the book to review it, and decide if that is something you want for your story or not.

Daitengu

Tumblr isn't dead. Though I get what you mean.
It's a meme. It only 'died' for haters and adult ff shippers. Without a core site to keep them addicted, they spread everywhere.

Now Superman is having gay sex in a bathtub. Cpt Marvel is gay and lame. US anime localizers are turning all femboys into trans girls. And Luke Skywalker got dumped on by a very shitty Rey. Multiple gaming, movie, and comic news and review sites are dying.

Annavyney

Review websites like Booksprout, Onlinebookclub, NetGalley, and Booksirens can be a game-changer. Paid ones, in particular, can provide more reliable feedback that you can use to promote your work. It's like having a supportive community of reviewers at your fingertips. But here's my two cents – while investing in review sites can be a good move for visibility, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Consider diversifying your investments. Real estate, for instance, is a tangible asset that can provide stability in your financial portfolio. Also, exploring alternative investments can be a smart move. It's all about finding the right information on alternative investments and securing your financial future.

Last edited:

jinji

It seems to me that now you should invest in something that is really promising, like bitcoin was in the beginning, when people bought it, and after a while it became clear that it was really the perfect investment option. Now, in my opinion, exactly the same option is meta-universes, at least our digital world is growing and this cannot be denied. As for me, it is necessary to consider this option as a prospect, now I am just studying everything about this topic, here, I am reading an article by the founder of https://bitcoinist.com/meta-force-a...decentralization-before-the-metaverse-launch/ Lado Okhotnikov Meta Force, I believe that this is really one of the most promising options, what do you think?

Last edited:

AutumnBanks

I use Booksprout for my contemporary books and having reviews on release day helps a ton. You can invite reviewers to your 'team' so they always get an alert when you have a book up for reviews, and Booksprout will send reminder emails so you don't have to. It's easy to use and if you don't get a lot of people signing up to claim a book then that can be an indication that your cover or your blub is not working, and you may want to tweak it before it goes live on Amazon.

Glitched

Moth Mommy
I just talk to my readers, although that seems to be more effective on RR for getting quality reviews. I would never pay(for reviews on SH). What if the reviews do nothing for your story? Some of the most popular stories have little reviews, so those won't make your popularity skyrocket.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I use Booksprout for my contemporary books and having reviews on release day helps a ton. You can invite reviewers to your 'team' so they always get an alert when you have a book up for reviews, and Booksprout will send reminder emails so you don't have to. It's easy to use and if you don't get a lot of people signing up to claim a book then that can be an indication that your cover or your blub is not working, and you may want to tweak it before it goes live on Amazon.
I've looked at them but does it help with gaining readers? I know good reviews can help but does it give any form of exposure and/or put the reviews on Amazon and goodreads? I tried with onlinebookclub and the reviews didn't leave the site.

AutumnBanks

I've looked at them but does it help with gaining readers? I know good reviews can help but does it give any form of exposure and/or put the reviews on Amazon and goodreads? I tried with onlinebookclub and the reviews didn't leave the site.
Yes, you provide links for which sites you want them to leave a review. Booksprout will send out reminders for them to review. Of course not everyone will leave a review, but you can opt to exclude them from future books until they complete the previous review. More reviews = social credibility, so the more reviews you have on release day will boost your visibility. I haven't tried Booksirens or NetGalley, but my understanding is it works the same as Booksprout.

Paul_Tromba

Yes, you provide links for which sites you want them to leave a review. Booksprout will send out reminders for them to review. Of course not everyone will leave a review, but you can opt to exclude them from future books until they complete the previous review. More reviews = social credibility, so the more reviews you have on release day will boost your visibility. I haven't tried Booksirens or NetGalley, but my understanding is it works the same as Booksprout.
Okay. Good to know. Thank you.

Paul_Tromba

ACertainPassingUser

Paid reviews isnt a good investment, the return rate almost non-existent.

Royalroad ad is the better investment by a lot. Its one of the best way to gain more view quickly.

Paul_Tromba

Paid reviews isnt a good investment, the return rate almost non-existent.

Royalroad ad is the better investment by a lot. Its one of the best way to gain more view quickly.
What about for published books?