Are you in top 25% of inteligent people.Why do you think so.(experiences,otherCallingYouInteligent/dumb,habbits,intrests,success/failure in something)

are you in top 25% of inteligent people. also enter your age

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Just curious and very bored about what makes people think they are intelligent or dumb. Like what people use to measure there intelligence.
If you think you are intelligent why do you think so.
if you think you are not intelligent why do you think so.
tell in replies.
Here intelligence refers to your ability to understand something and spot patterns and just knowledge about the world.

I am also kinda curious if success in what you consider "smart" things makes people think they are intelligent even though they are just good at one thing.
OR
if you are successful in a "smart" thing only when you are intelligent.
"smart" things are science ,philosophy ,writing and anything else people brag about on
r/IamVerySmart
Cause how are you able to tell the difference.
Maybe i am good at science cause i have been interested about it since childhood so i know stuff and so people saw that and have called me intelligent.
or
I was intrested in science at a young age cause i was intelligent enough to understand it.
If you think you are dumb then also Give reason why do you think so
ATTENTION: READ THIS IN A VERY FAST MANNER!

I believe that I am intelligent..... because I think that I am. 'What makes you think you are intelligent?' Really, a simple question. Words are words because we define them. If there were no definitions, there would be no words. But if there were no words, there'd be no definitions. Which came first? The chicken or the egg? Or in this case, which came first? The word or the definition? Either way, unless there is a definition for a word, or a word for a definition, there will never be a definition or a word. Simple, right? Easy as pi. 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288. Easy? Yes. Now, if we multiply the circumference of your brain with the circumference of the moon, we will get the circumference of life. Count the memories in it. In all of them, didn't you have a specific word to define the definitions of words? When you were wrong about a word, didn't your brain still think that it was right until someone told you something else? Of course. You were no Einstein... or rather, if you do not have memories, you are still yet to be born or something else. Do aliens exist? Maybe. We humans are still too inexperienced in space travel to travel. Imagine if there were creepy and weird aliens looking at us, ready to swallow every single thing in the universe? Can't imagine it? Well, you can imagine an alien, right? When you think of it, aren't aliens different to everyone? Go ask your mother, father, grandfather, sister, brother, teacher, or any other 'er' in your neighborhood about how they think of the word 'alien'! Do it. Your life depends on it. Hahahahahahaha, just joking. But anyway, did you go ask? No? I'll give you more time.... did you? Haha, as if I care. So, you asked your person of choice about what they thought an alien was and described it. Did they have different descriptions? One probably said a big tentacle monster or another said a creature with 2 heads, 9393 eyes, and their body was made of 339 limbs. Well, you see? They defined the word 'alien' so differently. Now, here's the Oxford Dictionary's definition of it.

adjective: belonging to a foreign country or nation.

noun: a foreigner, especially one who is not a naturalized citizen of the country where they are living.

Do you see any of those definitions you had in your mind? No. See how you were wrong about the word 'alien' all this time? Haha... I ruined all those space franchises. Turns out, unless Aliens have a country, they can't really be called 'Aliens' now, can they? No they cannot. So, it also turns out that that person who thought of a tentacle monster being an alien, they were probably incorrect because I am very doubtful that a tentacle monster would live in a country.

Taking this same type of approach on trying to destroy words, we can look at the word 'Time'. It is a prime example of how words change because of points of views. Let's imagine we have time travel invented at some point in time. Get the pun. No? Okay. Only idiots don't appreciate my humor. But an idiot can also use my argument for my I am smart to prove that they are smart, as well. So, those that call themselves idiots, LISTEN TO ME. READ THIS ENTIRE ARTICLE! AND GIVE ME THOUSANDS OF REACTS! GO ON!

Anyway,.... if we invented time travel, the entire definition of the word 'time' would have to be eliminated. Wiped out. Destroyed. Into the Void it goes. But what is the void...? A new word would need to replace 'time'. Why? Because time means "the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole." Now, can you see the problem about why starting time travel would force us to delete 'time' from the dictionary? You can't? Well the, simpletons, this Sensei here will teach you! Muhahaha! Let's break it down.

'Time', as you know, is the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE regarded as a whole. If we started time travel, there would be no present. Only past and future. And that, simply, would destroy the word time. See? Words change because of our POVs.

Now, this statement, 'Words change because of our POVS', helps me explain why I am intelligent.

I define 'intelligent', as 'Being in the state of being @CadmarLegend'. So, I am intelligent. And I am also probably the only intelligent person in the world. :)

So, simply, I AM INTELLIGENT BECAUSE I SAY I AM. Thanks for reading!

:D

I filled your head with why I'm intelligent. Appreciate it!

Napelynn

ATTENTION: READ THIS IN A VERY FAST MANNER!

I believe that I am intelligent..... because I think that I am. 'What makes you think you are intelligent?' Really, a simple question. Words are words because we define them. If there were no definitions, there would be no words. But if there were no words, there'd be no definitions. Which came first? The chicken or the egg? Or in this case, which came first? The word or the definition? Either way, unless there is a definition for a word, or a word for a definition, there will never be a definition or a word. Simple, right? Easy as pi. 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288. Easy? Yes. Now, if we multiply the circumference of your brain with the circumference of the moon, we will get the circumference of life. Count the memories in it. In all of them, didn't you have a specific word to define the definitions of words? When you were wrong about a word, didn't your brain still think that it was right until someone told you something else? Of course. You were no Einstein... or rather, if you do not have memories, you are still yet to be born or something else. Do aliens exist? Maybe. We humans are still too inexperienced in space travel to travel. Imagine if there were creepy and weird aliens looking at us, ready to swallow every single thing in the universe? Can't imagine it? Well, you can imagine an alien, right? When you think of it, aren't aliens different to everyone? Go ask your mother, father, grandfather, sister, brother, teacher, or any other 'er' in your neighborhood about how they think of the word 'alien'! Do it. Your life depends on it. Hahahahahahaha, just joking. But anyway, did you go ask? No? I'll give you more time.... did you? Haha, as if I care. So, you asked your person of choice about what they thought an alien was and described it. Did they have different descriptions? One probably said a big tentacle monster or another said a creature with 2 heads, 9393 eyes, and their body was made of 339 limbs. Well, you see? They defined the word 'alien' so differently. Now, here's the Oxford Dictionary's definition of it.

adjective: belonging to a foreign country or nation.

noun: a foreigner, especially one who is not a naturalized citizen of the country where they are living.

Do you see any of those definitions you had in your mind? No. See how you were wrong about the word 'alien' all this time? Haha... I ruined all those space franchises. Turns out, unless Aliens have a country, they can't really be called 'Aliens' now, can they? No they cannot. So, it also turns out that that person who thought of a tentacle monster being an alien, they were probably incorrect because I am very doubtful that a tentacle monster would live in a country.

Taking this same type of approach on trying to destroy words, we can look at the word 'Time'. It is a prime example of how words change because of points of views. Let's imagine we have time travel invented at some point in time. Get the pun. No? Okay. Only idiots don't appreciate my humor. But an idiot can also use my argument for my I am smart to prove that they are smart, as well. So, those that call themselves idiots, LISTEN TO ME. READ THIS ENTIRE ARTICLE! AND GIVE ME THOUSANDS OF REACTS! GO ON!

Anyway,.... if we invented time travel, the entire definition of the word 'time' would have to be eliminated. Wiped out. Destroyed. Into the Void it goes. But what is the void...? A new word would need to replace 'time'. Why? Because time means "the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole." Now, can you see the problem about why starting time travel would force us to delete 'time' from the dictionary? You can't? Well the, simpletons, this Sensei here will teach you! Muhahaha! Let's break it down.

'Time', as you know, is the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE regarded as a whole. If we started time travel, there would be no present. Only past and future. And that, simply, would destroy the word time. See? Words change because of our POVs.

Now, this statement, 'Words change because of our POVS', helps me explain why I am intelligent.

I define 'intelligent', as 'Being in the state of being @CadmarLegend'. So, I am intelligent. And I am also probably the only intelligent person in the world. :)

So, simply, I AM INTELLIGENT BECAUSE I SAY I AM. Thanks for reading!

:D

I filled your head with why I'm intelligent. Appreciate it!
All that build up... just for that?

Wohendum-Bluu

When Blue Just Isn't Quite Blue Enough
Sure.
Maybe?
Going to flip a coin.
Heads: I am
Tails: I'm not.

Edit: I flipped and it landed on Heads. So, I guess the coin has spoken?

LadyBeatrice

I got my first associates degree at 14 so I think society would say I’m in the top 25%

I’m also a total airhead who can get lost in a grocery store, only mediocre at my job, and I can’t remember peoples names or faces unless I’ve known them for at least a month so maybe not...

someguysomeone

One of the dime a dozen undead
I got my first associates degree at 14 so I think society would say I’m in the top 25%

I’m also a total airhead who can get lost in a grocery store, only mediocre at my job, and I can’t remember peoples names or faces unless I’ve known them for at least a month so maybe not...
I know that exactly . I can't remember anyone's face or name at all. like hey I know this guy for over a year. I should know his name but no.

Also airheadness. That's on a whole lot other level for me.
I have no prescrnse of mind for task at hand and my mind just thinks about random stuff.
not always deep stuff. mostly anime or how to get this done or philosophy.
just never the task at hand.
I just become absolutely devoid of common sense and do things to the word.
examples like. increase temperature on stove.
then it's implied that you have to close it later . but no I increased then I just wait thinking about something distant

I also was kind of good at stuff when I was 15-16 scientific method and special relativity.
for remembering names I recommend giving people nicknames.
remembering those are way easier.
like if someone's name is adam name him apple.

do you also suffer from an inability to learn stuff you find boring or which needs lot of memorization .
Like you can do science but not history

Last edited:

LadyBeatrice

I know that exactly . I can't remember anyone's face or name at all. like hey I know this guy for over a year. I should know his name but no.

Also airheadness. That's on a whole lot other level for me.
I have no prescrnse of mind for task at hand and my mind just thinks about random stuff.
not always deep stuff. mostly anime or how to get this done or philosophy.
just never the task at hand.
I just become absolutely devoid of common sense and do things to the word.
examples like. increase temperature on stove.
then it's implied that you have to close it later . but no I increased then I just wait thinking about something distant

I also was kind of good at stuff when I was 15-16 scientific method and special relativity.
for remembering names I recommend giving people nicknames.
remembering those are way easier.
like if someone's name is adam name him apple.

do you also suffer from an inability to learn stuff you find boring or which needs lot of memorization .
Like you can do science but not history
Yeah. I am horrible with memorization. If something interests me I can remember it perfectly and I learn very quickly, but for something like history, or geography it’s really hard since it’s all just memorization.

someguysomeone

Yeah. I am horrible with memorization. If something interests me I can remember it perfectly and I learn very quickly, but for something like history, or geography it’s really hard since it’s all just memorization.
Ok I have to ask you two other things cause I am not sure if it is just me or common traits.

Your mood changes easily based on recent events.(IDK if it's common or just me)
as in getting complimented puts you in a good mood for 1 or 2 hours.
and getting insulted puts you in a bad mood.

You get super invested in random tasks and won't give up till they are finished.
Like trying to scrap together source code for something to download manga even though it would just make more sense to
use a pre built application to download manga.

Also you get super invested in

questions which begin with "Why"
which are relateda to(physics, philosophy, math) and spend weeks thinking about them on and off.

Last edited:

LadyBeatrice

Ok I have to ask you two other things cause I am not sure if it is just me or common traits.

Your mood changes easily based on recent events.(IDK if it's common or just me)
as in getting complimented puts you in a good mood for 1 or 2 hours.
and getting insulted puts you in a bad mood.

You get super invested in random tasks and won't give up till they are finished.
Like trying to scrap together source code for something to download manga even though it would just make more sense to
use a pre built application to download manga.

Also you get super invested in

questions which begin with "Why"
which are relateda to(physics, philosophy, math) and spend weeks thinking about them on and off.

Are you me? It feels like you are describing me perfectly lol

My mood definitely changes easily and you are spot on about getting complimented. I also find that my mood pretty much resets overnight so even if I go to bed really stressed or mad about something I wake up in the morning feeling fine.

When I get super invested in things it is usually because I am curious about something, and I will usually go out of my way to learn as much as I can on a topic. That especially applies to any kind of story. I read a lot because stories are full of questions that you slowly get all the answers to.

someguysomeone

My mood definitely changes easily and you are spot on about getting complimented. I also find that my mood pretty much resets overnight so even if I go to bed really stressed or mad about something I wake up in the morning feeling fine.
Yup same.
Ok i am thinking how much of likes and dislikes are due to genes and how much of it is just based on environment.
Cause maybe there are few common types of genetic combinations which tend to occur. So if someone has same combination as you they would be likely to similar to you irrespective of enviroment.

Ok just to see how long i can take it till we spot differences due to environment or gene expression.

. Are you also interested in scientific method and epistemology.
Do you also frequently daydream about ideal romantic partners.
(Dreams basically being . Hey that thing is super intresting and i am super curious about it. I want to have a conversation about it with someone who is as excited about it as me. After that doing random fun stuff. (random fun stuff like walking in a park while paranoid android plays in background on a speaker ))
Do you also have social anxiety.
You also read light novels and webnovels more than you read conventional novels

LadyBeatrice

Yup same.
Ok i am thinking how much of likes and dislikes are due to genes and how much of it is just based on environment.
Cause maybe there are few common types of genetic combinations which tend to occur. So if someone has same combination as you they would be likely to similar to you irrespective of enviroment.

Ok just to see how long i can take it till we spot differences due to environment or gene expression.

. Are you also interested in scientific method and epistemology.
Do you also frequently daydream about ideal romantic partners.
(Dreams basically being . Hey that thing is super intresting and i am super curious about it. I want to have a conversation about it with someone who is as excited about it as me. After that doing random fun stuff. (random fun stuff like walking in a park while paranoid android plays in background on a speaker ))
Do you also have social anxiety.
You also read light novels and webnovels more than you read conventional novels
This is interested how much we have in common. I'm also interested to see how far it goes.

I am interested in scientific method. In college one of the most interesting classes to me was one about the study of logic. I also really like theoretical math, but find applied math (computations and stuff) more difficult.
I would say I used to daydream about ideal romantic partners more than I do now, but it is still fairly frequent that I do.
I have social anxiety, but also love being around and talking to people. I usually start worrying about everything I said afterwords though.
I read more light novels and web novels than conventional novels. I especially like isekai themes, fantasy worlds, and romance. I also read quite a few translated novels, and web comics.

Do you generally look for novels with fantasy or romance themes
Do you have a lot of energy during the morning and at night, but less in the middle of the day?

someguysomeone

This is interested how much we have in common. I'm also interested to see how far it goes.

I am interested in scientific method. In college one of the most interesting classes to me was one about the study of logic. I also really like theoretical math, but find applied math (computations and stuff) more difficult.
I would say I used to daydream about ideal romantic partners more than I do now, but it is still fairly frequent that I do.
I have social anxiety, but also love being around and talking to people. I usually start worrying about everything I said afterwords though.
I read more light novels and web novels than conventional novels. I especially like isekai themes, fantasy worlds, and romance. I also read quite a few translated novels, and web comics.

Do you generally look for novels with fantasy or romance themes
Do you have a lot of energy during the morning and at night, but less in the middle of the day?
"I also really like theoretical math, but find applied math (computations and stuff) more difficult."
I haven't studied theoretical math yet.
I like seeing how proves arise and WHY math works. I don't actually like applying concepts creatively to solve problems.
EDIT Wait no. I like solving problems which i am inserted in but competitive exams kinda kill the interest in applying concepts to hard problems.
Cause you have to study a curriculum weather you want it or not.

(Sometimes it just feels like . Eh you got the solution somehow. Example proving binomial theorem by induction)
but i like seeing how concepts arise. Example why calculus works. When we say derivative . What do we mean. Is a universe possible in which calculus doesn't work. What assumption calculus needs.

As in you like talking about intresting topics but start to question if you sounded too weird if you do not get the expected response or some kind of affirmation.
I also delete the posts i make on this forum all the time.

Do you generally look for novels with fantasy or romance themes.
I don't really read romance novels.
(though i have never tried them but i my taste is usually fantasy with romance instead of a novel whose main focus is the realationship)
[to be fair I have never tried romance novels till this point]
Though I only read fantasy novels.(Mostly portal fantasy) I don't read any other types of novels.

Morning I don't know. Though i feel enegergetic in evening. I tend to get slightly miserable at 3PM. Well i am preparing for jee adv.
It's an engineering exams. It's all about application of concepts on obscure problems to the point where it is just more efficient to memorize the approaches to standard problems then to actually sit in the exam and think . Usually my goals which i have set for the day are not complete by that time so it kinda sucks out my soul.
At 9PM when i have to go to sleep. I usually feel more energized. Mostly cause I hope to complete my goals the next day.
edit 2
You used to daydream the maximum when you were 17 right?
EDIT 3

by any chance is your name . rain , rayne or any varination of this sound. If yes then damm I would reconsider synchronicity.
EDIT 4
I don't know anything about string theory (I don't know anything at all) but i am still making the bet that string theory is going to be proven wrong because it is not falsifiable.

note i am not qualified enough nor have i researched . I have not saw arguments and counter arguments to this. It's just my ponderings. So take this all with a grain of salt.

well i watched a youtube video about it from sabine hossenfinder.

Well basically I sort of feel that people take concepts we use in physics too literally. As in people think of fields and stuff as things which definitely and certainly exist physically . Instead of thinking of them like things we imagine which are helpful in getting a answer.
As in you know how science has raven's paradox. I think evidence we see in experiments only prove that our mathematical formulas are right. They don't actually prove that reality is how we imagine it to be .
how we can use a unit circle when describing simple harmonic motion but that doesn't mean a physical unit circle exists.

I started thinking about it when i saw a PBS spacetime video which said that time doesn't pass and spacetime doesn't change. I got super intrested and studied special relativity. So basically I thought "How do we know that it's the only explanation we can use to make sense of the fact that if someone in alpha centuri accelerates away from earth then from it's perspective at the current moment dinosaurs exist on earth"
How do we know that.
Then i thought special relativity assumes all perspective are equal . How do we know that.

One perspective might be superior.
Or there might be another explanation.

Maybe billions of universes exist in which time is passing and when we accelerate we just jump universes.
Or maybe another explanation.
Because i can clearly see time is passing from my senses.

So i thought the only thing experiments prove is that the formulas we use in lorentz transformation are right and any other thing about what it tells us about reality is up to debate.

I think string theory takes too many things which aren't proven by formulas too literally and certainly.

Man I literally have no one to talk this stuff about cause i still go to highschool. Can't skip grades in india and even if you do it's pointless cause colleges are super bad so i don't think I would be able to find people to talk this stuff with here.
To get in good college you need to pass cutthroat competitive exams and my memory is not good enough for that.
No one in highschool cares about this stuff.

Associate's degree might have been pretty useful if it was offered here.

Are you also very skeptical about everything?

Last edited:

TheIsekaidNinja

You got to be kidding me.
Degree at 14 ?!!

I feel puny in front of you. XD
Props to you, not for intelligence, but getting lost at groceries. XD

Well, if you are in top 25 %, please change this goddamn world.
PS : Watching Anime and reading WebNovel is the way to obtain Enlightment.
Just curious and very bored about what makes people think they are intelligent or dumb. Like what people use to measure there intelligence.
If you think you are intelligent why do you think so.
if you think you are not intelligent why do you think so.
tell in replies.
Here intelligence refers to your ability to understand something and spot patterns and just knowledge about the world.

I am also kinda curious if success in what you consider "smart" things makes people think they are intelligent even though they are just good at one thing.
OR
if you are successful in a "smart" thing only when you are intelligent.
"smart" things are science ,philosophy ,writing and anything else people brag about on
r/IamVerySmart
Cause how are you able to tell the difference.
Maybe i am good at science cause i have been interested about it since childhood so i know stuff and so people saw that and have called me intelligent.
or
I was intrested in science at a young age cause i was intelligent enough to understand it.
If you think you are dumb then also Give reason why do you think so
Damn dude, you are scaring me now.
So deep thinking, such big thoughts and such psychological questions?

makes me feel like you are some old Professor at a big University.
How do you write and think so much?

Props to you...!!
I will say that a few people are too much confident......

I mean, dude, look at the voting results....

more than 40% voters think that they are in top 25 %. Ya know, people who are as intelligent as to be in world's top 25% won't have free time for doing things like voting and commenting here.

Instead, they might be racking their minds on how to change this world.

I am 17, I perform well in my tests , tho well enough to be in top 10 in just a city, I feel like I'm a dude with Explosive mind, vast knowledge, but when it comes to comparing with the people all around the globe, I just feel like a lowly Human with not even 5% of knowledge that this world has.

Life's a Struggle, indeed a big one. And never - ending.

Last edited: