Artwork for Reincarnation of A Worthless Man

ForestDweller

I thought I might as well make a thread where I post all the artworks I've commissioned for my novel.

Starting from the cover.

From left to right, Sherry, Hugo (the MC), and Felicia. The picture is taken at the start of Volume 5 where Hugo had reunited with Sherry.

If I had more money, I'd commission a cover for every volume.

ForestDweller

This is the first artwork for Sherry. I originally didn't plan on her to wear short shorts but it looked good so I agreed.

Also, she was supposed to appear as her child self in the family picture above but I forgot 🤣. She was adopted by the MC's family after all.

ACertainPassingUser

Nice cover drawing. Drawing is nice, but the Novel Logo is just Too unclear and almost subdued by the backgrounds.

I barely see the Logo itself. There's not enough blank sky canvas. And There's no measure for preventing the logo from being overwhelmed by the background drawing.

You may put some kind of backboard/border/any word for helping the logo to be seen without being hidden.

Yeah yeah, flat design is the trend. But logo clarity is will be necessary forever. There's lots of JP light novel measure and other book cover.

Well, it's definitely professional and deserve better praise than just "nice". But I'm bad at both flattery, quality measuring, and critique since it's too biased with my own view.

If my guess is right from judging the story front the cover, I simply hate didn't like stories with boys that have too much friendship with women compared to other boys/man. And most story simply didn't have good reasons for not making male friends for MC.

Especially if there's access to other boys.

Boys normally have at least good relationship with 2-3 close male friend and at least one person as best friend candidate, if the boy didn't get bullied and sullied by his mates.

Especially there's need for adult Idol Man figure for the boy to know what he wants to be in the future. Even if the adult Man is not the teacher/mentor, it's still serve good purpose as a goal to reach.

It doesn't have to be rivalry, just need a proper friendship with some other boys.

Well, that's it.

ForestDweller

Nice cover drawing. Drawing is nice, but the Novel Logo is just Too unclear and almost subdued by the backgrounds.

I barely see the Logo itself. There's not enough blank sky canvas. And There's no measure for preventing the logo from being overwhelmed by the background drawing.

You may put some kind of backboard/border/any word for helping the logo to be seen without being hidden.

Yeah yeah, flat design is the trend. But logo clarity is will be necessary forever. There's lots of JP light novel measure and other book cover.

Well, it's definitely professional and deserve better praise than just "nice". But I'm bad at both flattery, quality measuring, and critique since it's too biased with my own view.

Well, I'll let Nyan_sempai be the one to respond to this. I know jack shit about cover design. They did all the work on the text.

If my guess is right from judging the story front the cover, I simply hate didn't like stories with boys that have too much friendship with women compared to other boys/man. And most story simply didn't have good reasons for not making male friends for MC.

Yep, guilty as charged. I just don't really like writing about boy to boy friendship.

The only male relationship the MC has is with a kid younger than him who looks him up as his idol. And another older guy who also looks up to him for showing him courage.

Got no plans for more.

Especially there's need for adult Idol Man figure for the boy to know what he wants to be in the future. Even if the adult Man is not the teacher/mentor, it's still serve good purpose as a goal to reach.

Not necessary I think since the MC is a reincarnator. He already knows what he wants to be in the future.

Here's a scene from Vol 1:

I got this illustration for really cheap. It's really a shame the artist had stopped doing commissions.

Last edited:

ForestDweller

The artwork for Victoria in her fairy knight form.

I kinda want to commission an artwork for her human form but eh, I can't even decide what kind of outfit she'd wear.

ForestDweller

A scene from Vol 2 where the haughty sword princess asks the MC to fire his best spell.

She blocked his spell but without suffering wardrobe failure in the process.

ForestDweller

The big sister herself, Marina. I'm not satisfied with this design since it takes too much inspiration from Roxy of Mushoku Tensei.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
The artwork for Victoria in her fairy knight form.

I kinda want to commission an artwork for her human form but eh, I can't even decide what kind of outfit she'd wear.
I feel that her tits are more cement than fats.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Lol maybe their size are too big.
The biggest isn't the issue, in fact I love them big. I believe what caused me to recoil (a bit) is how firm/ stiff they look, even with the metal breastplate. I think the breastplate did them dirty with how thin it is but how much they encased her mammary.

ForestDweller

The biggest isn't the issue, in fact I love them big. I believe what caused me to recoil (a bit) is how firm/ stiff they look, even with the metal breastplate. I think the breastplate did them dirty with how thin it is but how much they encased her mammary.
I want to commission a new artwork of her that has her wear more casual clothing but I don't have the cash. :cry:

So I settled with this shitty ai art instead.

Green eyes,Cameltoe,Boots,Fields, field,Blonde hair, long hair, holding black sh s-2898383684.png