Ban links to webnovels.

Aaky

Promotion materials* that link back to webnovels shouldn't be allowed. Webnovels doesn't allow you to reditect your readers to any other platform, so I don't see why SH should allow links that direct readers to Webnovels. Allowing readers to be redirected to Webnovels is practically endorsing their bad, anti-consumer, anti-writer business practices.

*Promotion Material: an incomplete novel posted in SH that forces readers to go read to Webnovels to continue reading. Might even be under a paywall within Webnovels itself.

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
can i ask a question?

was the whole point of this thread is to discuss whether we should forbid unfinished chapter + redirecting to another site, or does it we should automatically censoring words Webnovels so those who using webnovels url would having a hard time sharing it?

D

Deleted member 45782

can i ask a question?

was the whole point of this thread is to discuss whether we should forbid unfinished chapter + redirecting to another site, or does it we should automatically censoring words Webnovels so those who using webnovels url would having a hard time sharing it?
I think SH policy already forbids posting unfinished/missing chapters that makes readers have to redirect to another site to read the story.

What OP in this thread wanted, was to have ScribbleHub ban people from linking their SH stories to WebNovel. As in any kind of redirecting to WebNovel, even if the SH stories have finished chapters or whatnot.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Wouldn't it be fucking hilarious if it's just a series but it's wild goose chase between 5 websites as chapters are posted spontaneously across them

RR > SH > MOONQUILL > WEBNOVEL > SH > MOONQUILL > RR

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
I think SH policy already forbids posting unfinished/missing chapters that makes readers have to redirect to another site to read the story.
they do? i kinda remember long ago some author made their side story (mainly R18+ one) as exclusive chapter only accessible from their sites

also some are "locking" their latest chapter and only accessible for premium member at patreon.

tbh, i would perfectly fine with the latter, as for the former, well.......
What OP in this thread wanted, was to have ScribbleHub ban people from linking their SH stories to WebNovel. As in any kind of redirecting to WebNovel, even if the SH stories have finished chapters or whatnot.
that would increasing moderators workload ain't it? i mean it's banning, it had to be done manually instead of automatic censorship

D

Deleted member 45782

they do? i kinda remember long ago some author made their side story (mainly R18+ one) as exclusive chapter only accessible from their sites

also some are "locking" their latest chapter and only accessible for premium member at patreon.
What it means is if you posted like say an incomplete chapter 3. like what was suppose whole chapter you only put a section of it on here.
Or you did chapter 3, chapter 5, chapter 6, chapter 7, chapter 9. cue the missing chapters on here.
Although I'm new and only quite recently started writing on SH, I checked this Content Guidelines | Scribble Hub
that would increasing moderators workload ain't it? i mean it's banning, it had to be done manually instead of automatic censorship
And that is why many people are disagreeing with the OP. And as someone mentioned, being a mod here ain't their fulltime job. only like 3 mods excluding the site founder. and one i heard hasn't been active for a long time.

They shouldn't have to police what authors link sites to so much. Even if excluding the time it takes for them, it isn't really scribblehub's responsibility to remove a competitor no matter how horrid it is. Competitor removing competitor won't necessarily bring about a better change to webnovel to care more about authors. Something that will bring forth a change in what webnovel does will have to stem from something higher than competitor against competitor level.

Last edited by a moderator: