Best Way to Die

Macha

Not a Klutz
I'm looking for the best way for the MC to die and get Isekai'd. Truck-kun is busy being Optimum Pride, so it can't yeet people to Isekai. Is it something epic? Or something silly? Since the Mc's life has no meaning, the cause of death can be something meaningless too.

TotallyHuman

Depends on the story and what your goals are. If your main character dies saving another person then you get some characterisation. If your character dies to save a cat you get more characterisation. If your character dies on the chair after having skinned a child alive for bullying a cat you get a LOT of characterisation so you can go with that.

If your story is serious, having a character die from laughter would not be the best. Unless he was poisoned by the joker toxin.

If your story is funny, having your main character commit suicide or contribute to the growing school shooting statistic is not a good idea.

Having a character just die out of nowhere is probably the most neutral way. You can then retcon it later in the story if you want to make it a big deal.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Cocaine and hookers. Let him go out like a champ, suffocating between titties or thighs. Shake it up if he has no meaning in his life. Send him on a nihilist rampage that ends up with him dead with a grin on his face. Too many isekai stories have the neet/virgin/high-schooler/never felt the touch of another person's starting points.

Or his name ended up in a Death Note and was killed unjustly. Just for funsies.

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
Skynet is always there to take some blame, not that i know them enough to say this. Just putting it out there.

Redemit

How about you have someone drop a small but heavy enough item from the top of a skyscraper or out of a airplane/helicopter and have it land on your MC's head

J_Chemist

Turned around the wrong alley. Saw the wrong person.

Boot to the head.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Have the MC play a video game and show how their character dies in it. Moments later, they die the same way (could be a Terraria boulder trap or an ice bat knocking them into a deep pit). Or shoots an arrow into the air, later on it comes back and smacks them.

TakaBAE

I'm looking for the best way for the MC to die and get Isekai'd. Truck-kun is busy being Optimum Pride, so it can't yeet people to Isekai. Is it something epic? Or something silly? Since the Mc's life has no meaning, the cause of death can be something meaningless too.
Sleep-Kun

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I'm looking for the best way for the MC to die and get Isekai'd.
at home, with a belly full of wine and a woman's mouth around his cock
Cocaine and hookers. Let him go out like a champ, suffocating between titties or thighs. Shake it up if he has no meaning in his life. Send him on a nihilist rampage that ends up with him dead with a grin on his face. Too many isekai stories have the neet/virgin/high-schooler/never felt the touch of another person's starting points.

Or his name ended up in a Death Note and was killed unjustly. Just for funsies.
we are the only two men of culture in this place.

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
fight a bear; it would show a lot about your mc and their character and be a fun little story for them to tell
ex. five-year-old princess in a pretty pink dress: I once choked the life out of a behemoth, why should I fear this 'slumber party'? The only slumber one needs to fear is the eternal slumber

Jemini

I have 4 different Isekai stories that I'm working on (not all published.) I try to make their method of death something that references the plot you're about to see on the other side in miniature.

In "A New Hero God," I have the protagonist who is a child psychologist die by taking a bullet for the student he was counseling. He gets reincarnated into a super-hero world where he becomes the leader of his own super hero team, with the special "Hero" and "Sacrifice" abilities which enhance his abilities when he's placing himself in danger to rescue someone else with the power enhancement proportionate to the level of risk to his life he is under.

In "Key to the Void," the protagonist gets tempted by a demon to make a deal for his own life and soul in order to heal his granddaughter. This turns out to be a MASSIVE chunk of the plot of the story on the other side told in miniature as they in the other world will be repeatedly strung along by a demon who attacks and threatens their loved ones in order to manipulate them step by step down a dark path.

In "Hell's Underworld," the protagonist dies in the exact same car wreck that paralyzed Key to the Void protagonist's granddaughter. It is a parallel story to "Key to the Void." His method of death involves him driving home with his friend and friend's little sister. He's the driver, they are blaring really loud music and he's driving distracted. The story turns into a redemption tale in which he's figured out if he's reincarnated then his friend and friend's little sister are probably reincarnated as well and wants to find them and apologize.

In "The Class of Outworlders," the protagonist is a soldier who dies in the literal battle of Armageddon. Or rather, "Har-Megido" as it was originally pronounced in Hebrew, which translates to "Hill of Megido." It's a literal place in the real world, located in current day Israel, and is known as the bloodiest battlefield in all of history due to it's high strategic value in the region and the fact it's become a major battlefield in every major campaign in the middle east before the modern day. But, in this case, it actually is also the one that takes place in the Apocolypse. He then gets reincarnated after the battle of Megido after God has cast out all the demons, and the demons from Earth are now invading another innocent world that he got reincarnated on and he has to help defend them from the very forces that got him killed in his first life.

So, those are some ideas from things I've done. It does help your story a lot to somehow connect the death with the story to come in some kind of symbolic fashion. For this to happen, you should have a pretty good idea of what your plot is actually going to look like on the other side in the first place. I can also name a good few well known anime adapted Isekai that have one the same, Overlord and Mushoku Tensei being the prime examples.

Shamiko

Ur resident demon gurl <333
Pushed off a building bc drunk bastard pushed him/her/them off (there was a party n things got out of hand)

M.G.Driver

Died because an isekaied returnee's return ceremony was too strong, levelling the house + the truck that was supposed to isekai the MC. Credit me ty.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Playing games for weeks forgetting to eat/drink/sleep

WingsOfPhantasy

Tomboy Agenda Symphathizer
Have the MC escape increasingly deathly encounters Final Destination style, before finally dying in their sleep as peacefully as they could.
That's it.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Heart attack during coitus. Or a heart attack during masturbation.
Let them die of old age surrounded by their loved ones (no, they don't die).
They divided by zero and destroyed their universe.