Binge reading a recently released story

How many chapters do you stockpile before you start binge reading a new story?

• Total voters

OP1000

For those of you on this site that prefer to binge read a story, how many chapters do you usually stockpile before you start binge reading a story that has been out for a couple of weeks(4-10 weeks)?

Last edited:

Le_ther

I usually read like novels whenever I like it and stop once I get bored and look for a new one. Currently I got 127 tabs of mangas/manhwa/manhua/novels in waiting because they are slow to update and everyday I read about atleast 2-5 of the newest updated

Vnator

Any time I've tried this, the story gets deleted :(

But the only thing I really look for is if it looks like the author intense to see the story to the end. That can mean any number of chapters, but it's mostly about the plot having a direction and progress actually being made on it.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
At least a 100.

Because it is a nice indicator that the author might be serious enough to continue the plot. It also is a good way to show that the story might be interesting enough for the author to lengthen it.

Lastly, I will check the release dates of each chapter, if it is a monthly release, I might as well just wait for the story to finish first.

For your 4-8 weeks indicator, a daily release means that it is at best 56 chapters...

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
At least enough for more than an evening, so 100+ is a must