BL News and Recommendations \(*o*)/

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
I loved that manga!
The guys in it were all super smexy and gorgeous!
\o/

It got a bit confusing quite a ways in, though...
@w@
Especially when more of X started coming from X.

X
I actually have to say that I didn't find it confusing but then again I'm really into convoluted plots so my perspective might be strange. And gosh, it's been so long since the last update :blob_no: I want moooooore ... :blob_pout: What about the new X? What will he do? I wanna know! :blob_teary:

Luxican

I almost forgot that this thread exists...
But I wanted to share some of my favorite BL Mangas/WebComics:

Never Understand/Out of Control - I love it, it's probably my favorite WebComic, The MC isn't pretty at all, but he is just so sweet and cute. Although the drama at the end is the end of me, the story was so lovely until that point.

Heesu in Class 2- How can something give you so much diabetes? It was so frustrating, but at the same time endearing to read.

Love is an Illusion - AOB, Beautiful art (and baby), but there's so much dramaaaa, the Uke is also a bit...I felt bad for him, but there are a lot of people who disliked him

King's Maker- Beautiful, beautiful art, the story is also very engaging, but the dramaaaa, also, I cried, a lot

Caramel Honey - Very clishe, but I still love it

Cherry Blossom After Winter - How. Can. Someone. Be. So. Sweet. The MC is just, I can't.

At the End of The Road - Drama, a lot of drama

Brilli - Discontinued Translation..., it was so good, I mean, there was a lot of drama, like always, but it was still good

Salad Days - The art is amazing, the MC does Ballett and they are just so cute together

Ao Ao Waiting to be Caught
- Discontinued Translation... Whyyyyy

Anaerobic Love - Deep Sea Prisoner - Vampire ML sealed in ocean, found by MC, 'nough said

Mermaid' s Egg - the Uke is the cute kind of arrogant Young Master, while the Seme is a cold-faced Mermaid Priest

Zettai BL ni Naru Sekai vs. Zettai BL ni Naritakunai Otoko - Making fun of all the BL tropes and it's great

Sasaki to Miyano - Both Main Characters are very sweet towards each other, the Uke is also a Fudanshi

The Best Smell- Both Characters are so cuteee

Me wa Kuchi Hodo ni Koi to Iu - Very short, very clishe

Southern Bird and Northern Bird - a cute sparrow and a wild goose

Modern Wizard Hunting Project
- Yandere Angel ML and Good-Hearted Witch MC

MADK - the art is gorgeous, both characters are demon's, there's a lot of gore beware

Kyrie -Norowareta Hebi- - eerily beautiful, with bittersweet ending , short

Ookami wo Karu Housoku - Werwolf ML and MC

Hana Tokidoki Kuma - Cute, clishe and short

A Dead Crow's Stare- Zombie Apocalypse BL

(Man Drowning in a Veil - Not BL, but the MC is male (also, looks very manly) and just wants to indulge in "girly" things, he is so, so cute, but he still suffers because of that)

These aren't all of my favorites, but I would have to search and browse quite a bit before I found all haha

Hopefully a few of these recommendations will pique someone's interest :blob_happy:

Lon3ly

I just binged “Whose baby is it”- It’s on an app called Webcomics and it’s about an aspiring actor who is a single father to an adorable baby. He then meets a rich a man who says that his baby is actually his biological son. (It’s not ABO or Mpreg though)

it’s so adorable.

And the baby can like see the future sort of, and it sort of talks about cultivation.

Luxican

I just binged “Whose baby is it”- It’s on an app called Webcomics and it’s about an aspiring actor who is a single father to an adorable baby. He then meets a rich a man who says that his baby is actually his biological son. (It’s not ABO or Mpreg though)

it’s so adorable.

And the baby can like see the future sort of, and it sort of talks about cultivation.
I also read on WebComics, but not as much as I used to.
My favorite comic there is Equipoise, I just love the art and the story is the good kind of angsty (at least at the moment)

Lon3ly

I also read on WebComics, but not as much as I used to.
My favorite comic there is Equipoise, I just love the art and the story is the good kind of angsty (at least at the moment)
I used to read on webcomics but they suddenly made a huge paywall so I don’t really read often there.. I also just don’t like how they usually change the names into English names... I read this on a different website...

CheertheDead

The narcissist and Attention Whore :>
I am a bit of an older reader. I love New York New York and Animal X though.

They are some of the first BL series i read. Even now i am waiting for the completion of Animal X.

For New York New York, it is a masterpiece. I cry every time i finish the last volume. I don't think they can recreate the feeling of manga in anime or film-form. I am eternally grateful that i was allowed to read New York New York in my lifetime.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
I am a bit of an older reader. I love New York New York and Animal X though.

They are some of the first BL series i read. Even now i am waiting for the completion of Animal X.

For New York New York, it is a masterpiece. I cry every time i finish the last volume. I don't think they can recreate the feeling of manga in anime or film-form. I am eternally grateful that i was allowed to read New York New York in my lifetime.
I remember reading Animal X and the subsequent series after that!
Wasn't a huge fan of the ML most of the time due to how he often treated the MC.
Were their names Minato and Yuji, or something like that?
I thought the concept of the story was interesting but it got a bit OTT as it went along.
>w<
I never did see how it ended, though.

X

CheertheDead

The narcissist and Attention Whore :>
Yeah. It has been 10 years and i am still waiting the series ended like 200x but the translation stopped at chap 23 vol 7 so it’s 8 or 9 more volume to go through.

i love how Yuuji changed overtime. How he regretted letting his daughter being taken by a researcher to be later found out she died as a specimen. How he lived through his captive life as a female specimen being subjected to inhuman treat with no privacy, with people literally trying to get him in mood for sex to make him pregnant, being put on display when they check him up, and how he learnt to love Minato.

Minato is still a brat even when he was a father but he got a little bit more mature.

bafflinghaze

The main first season of Heaven's Official Blessing is finished! There's just one special episode left.

Also, a mange recommendation: Boku ga Otto ni Deau/Until I Meet My Husband: Based on a famous essay by a Japanese gay activist, this manga tells the story of his life leading from his childhood up to his marriage to his husband.
There are some sad parts, but also some uplifting parts about how things can get better

BL_Palace

We're just going to repost these from the BL Palace Discord because people are much more likely to share them there than here ^^. Shy, probably :blob_hide:

Blogs devoted to BL! :blob_aww:

Drama:

Novels:

Manga and manhwa recommendations are incoming ^^. Tomorrow, probably!​

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Late to the party but I'd like to recommend "Love Is More Than Just A Word"!

It's a drama four years older than The Untamed. Unfortunately, it got cancelled due to censorship from the mainland. But the director already filmed the wedding, so he slipped it in anyway.

Isn't it pretty?

Sneakily gets the ML to teach him how to paint! So sneaky good! :blob_happy:

Plus their two servants who're forever pissing each other off, hehe:

If you love period drama (ancient settings), this one is pretty good! :blob_aww::blob_melt::blob_uwu:

yansusustories

Late to the party but I'd like to recommend "Love Is More Than Just A Word"!

It's a drama four years older than The Untamed. Unfortunately, it got cancelled due to censorship from the mainland. But the director already filmed the wedding, so he slipped it in anyway.

Isn't it pretty?

Sneakily gets the ML to teach him how to paint! So sneaky good! :blob_happy:

Plus their two servants who're forever pissing each other off, hehe:

If you love period drama (ancient settings), this one is pretty good! :blob_aww::blob_melt::blob_uwu:
I absolutely second this one! It was so darn adorable ~ :blob_melt:

If you liked that one, you might also like the movie han zi gao. Unfortunately, there's only a rather blurry, not quite completely subbed version available online (namely here:
) so it can be slightly difficult to follow at times. It's one that I've actually rewatched despite that issue. It's a bit more serious, so that's something to keep in mind going in.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
I absolutely second this one! It was so darn adorable ~ :blob_melt:

If you liked that one, you might also like the movie han zi gao. Unfortunately, there's only a rather blurry, not quite completely subbed version available online (namely here: so it can be slightly difficult to follow at times. It's one that I've actually rewatched despite that issue. It's a bit more serious, so that's something to keep in mind going in.
Oooh!? There's another one like that? :blob_aww: I'll have to go hunt for a clear version then. I haven't heard of it until now. Thanks for letting me know!!

EDIT: aaaand my hunt hit a dead end :sweating_profusely: You're right.There's nothing else but that one video. Thanks for the link, yo. I shall treasure it forever!

Last edited:

yansusustories

Oooh!? There's another one like that? :blob_aww: I'll have to go hunt for a clear version then. I haven't heard of it until now. Thanks for letting me know!!

EDIT: aaaand my hunt hit a dead end :sweating_profusely: You're right.There's nothing else but that one video. Thanks for the link, yo. I shall treasure it forever!
Yeah, I could have told you that'd be the end result. I already tried to hunt one down but I guess it's not that well-known or well-liked in general so I didn't have any luck either :blob_cringe: Anyway, I'm already happy we got that version!

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Yeah, I could have told you that'd be the end result. I already tried to hunt one down but I guess it's not that well-known or well-liked in general so I didn't have any luck either :blob_cringe: Anyway, I'm already happy we got that version!
Yes, it is at least something! Thanks for it!! I'll have to watch it later, have a good sit-down with it. It's very hard to find BL films set in that era, bless~

Hopefully we'll get more wuxia/xianxia BLs in the future! :blob_uwu: I can see that one recent show with Boya in it kiiiind of tried, but it was so hit-and-miss even my mom and dad watched it haha!

yansusustories

Yes, it is at least something! Thanks for it!! I'll have to watch it later, have a good sit-down with it. It's very hard to find BL films set in that era, bless~

Hopefully we'll get more wuxia/xianxia BLs in the future! :blob_uwu: I can see that one recent show with Boya in it kiiiind of tried, but it was so hit-and-miss even my mom and dad watched it haha!
Ah, I'm not really up to date with stuff, I have to admit. I haven't even seen the Untamed yet :blob_sweat:

Speaking of not-that-great-English-version-but-sold-on-the-story-though, let me also recommend this novel: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/xia-niangniang/
It is probably one of my favorite novels to date because it's just so different from others. It's super emotional, really, really heart-wrenching, and I'm afraid every person I recommended this to might have been sticking needles into a figurine of me. At the very least, that would explain my back pain and I really can't fault them for it :blob_hmm:

I'd also have another series to recommend but when I checked, the sub was taken down and now there's only a version without left. And even with the sub, the series was effing hard to understand :blob_no:

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Ah, I'm not really up to date with stuff, I have to admit. I haven't even seen the Untamed yet :blob_sweat:
AAAAAAAAH WHAT

But nah, don't blame ya. Some of my irl fujo friends were like, "Naaaaah it's cringy, we'll just read the novel and watch the donghua instead" :sweat_smile: they truly trashed it

Oh? So I take it you've got a thing for heart-wrenching stuff? I'm no good with those :blob_shock:

But! Since I brought it up, Netflix's Yin Yang Master, based on the game Omyouji:

Bromance thick in this one

How thick, you ask?

Thick enough for this to be a top search....

yansusustories

But! Since I brought it up, Netflix's Yin Yang Master, based on the game Omyouji
*ahem* I don't have netflix either :blob_blank:

But nah, don't blame ya. Some of my irl fujo friends were like, "Naaaaah it's cringy, we'll just read the novel and watch the donghua instead" :sweat_smile: they truly trashed it
Let me shock you some more: I haven't even finished reading the novel :blobrofl: Truth be told, I found the thing to be pretty boring up to the part I reached so I couldn't really be bothered :blob_sweat: But the donghua looks pretty at least ...