Can Someone Slap Me?

Leti

Thanks God I'm far from Kraków.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Considering how awful a lot of what is posted here is...and it still gets praised....I don't see what your so worried about. If there is a site where ANYONE can get popular writing, and I do literally mean ANYONE, no matter how bad...it's here on Scribble Hub.

So post the damned thing. If it really is bad, at least your in like-minded company

Last edited:

Fromage

Peerless member
Thanks God I'm far from Kraków.
In soviet russia poland visit you!
Considering how awful some of what is posted here is...and it still gets praised....I don't see what your so worried about. If there is a site where ANYONE can get popular writing, and I do literally mean ANYONE, no matter how bad...it's here on Scribble Hub.

So post the damned thing. If it really is bad, at least your in like-minded company
I posted some shitty generic cliche xianxia transmigration systems and get into trending once.
It doesn't matter how bad the story is as long as it actually get posted even if we deleted it later the true treasure is the friends we made on the way :cool:

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
I think if you posted your story, and continued writing and posting it—you’ll see the progress in your writing as you go. I like to think the act of writing is like stepping stones—you have to start at one point and jump to the next—and next. It’s like riding a bike, or drawing / painting. You have to keep practicing and practicing, even if you’re not perfect at it—let it be something you’re proud of.
Don’t try to people please—that’s how one gets burnt out.
On the other note, it’s up to you in the end to post it and keep it up. We all can tell you to keep your story posted, and be the “push” that you want, but at the end of the day it’s the decision you make to keep it up. Be proud of the work you do. Be confident in yourself.

Aachiin0914

I have posted the Drengr’s Daughter/Zira of Yendenburg on my AuthorAJH account, and have literally deleted it and reuploaded it at least sixteen times *that might be an overexagerration*

A part of me is scared to post it, because I’m very insecure about my writing and story in general. I want my book to be loved but I’m also not confident in my writing hence me deleting it off the website. I already had twenty-six readers on my other account, it had only three chapters, and I ended up deleting it because I started getting anxiety. Can someone slap me and tell me not to delete my story off Scribblehub.

I have no idea what’s wrong with me. :((

Bro. Ive been there done that. I did exactly as that when I was just starting writing. I wrote my first novel at SH and after just a few days I decided to delete it. I reupload after I revise it couple of times, and then I delete it again after weeks.

But after, let's see I deleted the novel entirely and throw it at the back of my drafts I posted another series. That series stayed there for weeks and I felt anxious and unsatisfied again. So, I begin to delete chapters and revised it again.

Well, after experiencing all that, somehow, I got tired. If I'm using a laptop or computer instead of my phone, I'll be happy to type as many words as I can. But typing I'm phone is not that enjoyable than tapping in keyboard. That's why I got tired.

More so, my phone is so laggy.

So, I just let it be, thinking that it's just a hobby anyway. Nothing will happen to me even if my novel rot there, or it becomes popular. Well, becoming popular is, of course not the same.

But anyway, as an author, bro fell at least a bit confident about the words you write cause it's your own thoughts and feelings.

(≧▽≦)

JayDirex

Hahaha, I won't slap you @ravenian Author anxiety is real.

My suggestion is to share it with a smaller group if possible. Heck, maybe make a thread and ask a few people to read your first three chapters on a wordpress site. This way you can get feedback from a smaller circle.

Discount_Blade

In soviet russia poland visit you!

I posted some shitty generic cliche xianxia transmigration systems and get into trending once.
It doesn't matter how bad the story is as long as it actually get posted even if we deleted it later the true treasure is the friends we made on the way :cool:
As I said, ANYTHING is accepted here, no matter what it is and no matter the quality or lack thereof.

Discount_Blade

Also, how in the hell do people type on their phone??? That sounds so extremely awful and terrible for productivity. If you can't use a computer....why write at all? All that tapping those itty-bitty spaces on a phone sounds more like a lesson in patience and restraining ones natural murderous urges than....well....anything to do with writing. Unless you have one of those small plug-in-keyboards you can get for a phone.....I really don't get why you're writing.

Unless your writing one of those gods-awful cellphone novels. One of the stupidest novel concepts ever to me but eh...to each their own I suppose.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Also, how in the hell do people type on their phone??? That sounds so extremely awful and terrible for productivity. If you can't use a computer....why write at all? All that tapping those itty-bitty spaces on a phone sounds more like a lesson in patience and restraining ones natural murderous urges than....well....anything to do with writing. Unless you have one of those small plug-in-keyboards you can get for a phone.....I really don't get why you're writing.

Unless your writing one of those gods-awful cellphone novels. One of the stupidest novel concepts ever to me but eh...to each their own I suppose.
It could be a matter of finances. Personally, I use a flip phone and a desktop computer because I recognize that those suit my needs better than a smartphone. However, lots of people get lured into buying a fancy mobile device, and then they have to maintain that device by paying for an expensive monthly data plan. A family phone service plan plus a home internet plan is less expensive.

The above paragraph is about my needs, not the needs of other people. People who travel a lot may need a fancy mobile device and might not be able to afford additional devices.

Anyway, I had laptops in university, and it annoyed me how they would break every 2-3 years. Just one small part of it would fry, and then I would have to replace the entire thing! When my best friend got into building custom desktops, I took her up on it, and now my desktop is about five years old and still doing great. I believe that switching to a custom desktop is saving me a bunch of money. It makes going on trips harder, though now I can borrow Husband's laptop if absolutely necessary.

D

Deleted member 29316

Typing in phones is kind of awkward at first, but if you managed to get the hang of it, phones could help you in your productivity 'on the go'. It's pretty much like typing on a computer, only a smaller one. 😁

In my experience, I'd say it's more like a problem of the phone app than the phone itself.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

My guy: I primarily write on smartphones and then edit them on PC.

The way I see it is that with my phone, I get to keep my brain fresh and running for as long as possible. The key thing about it is that it's always by your side; you're compelled to write at ANY FUCKEN TIME. Which means you have the encouragement to write right then and there. There's no excuse like "I can't write I'm outside" or "there's no internet I can't do it". There it is, on your hand, with the primary icon of Google Docs sitting on the home screen. You have to do it, it tells you. You HAVE TO. Everytime I try to scroll down Instagram or play a game I get this pang of guilt saying "you could've fucken write".

The evolution of that guilt is readiness. You ready your head at anytime to write that shit down. You keep the plot simmering in your head. You keep the story fresh and in the process, flesh out incoming chapters and plot points, all whole your phone is there, ready to type. And when you feel that click and force yourself to write; you simply can't stop.

In the other hand, you also get to balance that crave with restraint.

How many times have you thought of an amazing idea and think "I MUST WRITE THAT IMMEDIATELY" and put it on paper only to realize it sucks and it's shit?

9 times out of 10, it comes down to the execution. And since I'm able to write down that idea at anytime, I exercise restraint and let the idea simmer in my head. Is it a good idea? How will it benefit my story? Does it advance the plot? What does it introduce? How can I execute it better than the Bay of Pigs?

You're trained to hold your horses and let your ideas go through an internal polishing phase instead of being pulled around by your instincts and letting your monke brain run wild, only for your mind to click back once more and realize how full of shit your dopamine-injected monke brain was.

The computer doesn't do that shit. My computer has around 10 games and more and each one of them is more enjoyable than fucken writing. In fact, it's so easy: the executable is just there. But on a phone? With low data and shit controls? Nah man, writing is what I'll be doing.

Discount_Blade

My guy: I primarily write on smartphones and then edit them on PC.

The way I see it is that with my phone, I get to keep my brain fresh and running for as long as possible. The key thing about it is that it's always by your side; you're compelled to write at ANY FUCKEN TIME. Which means you have the encouragement to write right then and there. There's no excuse like "I can't write I'm outside" or "there's no internet I can't do it". There it is, on your hand, with the primary icon of Google Docs sitting on the home screen. You have to do it, it tells you. You HAVE TO. Everytime I try to scroll down Instagram or play a game I get this pang of guilt saying "you could've fucken write".

The evolution of that guilt is readiness. You ready your head at anytime to write that shit down. You keep the plot simmering in your head. You keep the story fresh and in the process, flesh out incoming chapters and plot points, all whole your phone is there, ready to type. And when you feel that click and force yourself to write; you simply can't stop.

In the other hand, you also get to balance that crave with restraint.

How many times have you thought of an amazing idea and think "I MUST WRITE THAT IMMEDIATELY" and put it on paper only to realize it sucks and it's shit?

9 times out of 10, it comes down to the execution. And since I'm able to write down that idea at anytime, I exercise restraint and let the idea simmer in my head. Is it a good idea? How will it benefit my story? Does it advance the plot? What does it introduce? How can I execute it better than the Bay of Pigs?

You're trained to hold your horses and let your ideas go through an internal polishing phase instead of being pulled around by your instincts and letting your monke brain run wild, only for your mind to click back once more and realize how full of shit your dopamine-injected monke brain was.

The computer doesn't do that shit. My computer has around 10 games and more and each one of them is more enjoyable than fucken writing. In fact, it's so easy: the executable is just there. But on a phone? With low data and shit controls? Nah man, writing is what I'll be doing.
Bleh. Excuses. I carry one of those small notepad's that can fit in a pocket anywhere I go to jot down small details and plot points that I can flesh out later. You phone-writers are heretics and I'll be whipping up a crusade to rid the land of Writtendom of your heresy soon enough. No one expects the Spanish Inquisition...but you would do well to expect mine.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Bleh. Excuses. I carry one of those small notepad's that can fit in a pocket anywhere I go to jot down small details and plot points that I can flesh out later. You phone-writers are heretics and I'll be whipping up a crusade to rid the land of Writtendom of your heresy soon enough. No one expects the Spanish Inquisition...but you would do well to expect mine.
Okay gramps, you do you. We'll just pick you up from Applebee's at 4 pm, okay? Have fun at bingo! And try not to use up all the diapers, okay?

Discount_Blade

Okay gramps, you do you. We'll just pick you up from Applebee's at 4 pm, okay? Have fun at bingo! And try not to use up all the diapers, okay?
6:30 PM works better actually. They're having a honey bbq shrimp special I CANNOT miss but its only on sale for 50% off between 5-6 P.M. Cheap food is one of the few things that can stall the Crusade ya know?