Implemented Can we make two changes to the dark mode?

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Hey-ho, I'd like to ask if it is possible to change this for those of us who use dark mode on the forums. (Light users, your laughter won't mean anything as it's like hearing the Joker giggle.)

• When in polls or choices, make the checkmark more visible.
Let me show some examples:

1.png

2.png

It's way too hard to make it out, in my opinion.

• The second is to make the highlighted text in the editor also a different color.
Example:
3.png

Many times, it is too hard to see where I am or what I am highlighting:

4.png

On the images it is even easier to pick out than doing it 'live.'

Um, that is it. If it would be a lighter color or the same when highlighting text from others' posts, that would be awesome.

Thank you~

AYM

Average cilantro enjoyer
Dear Almighty Primordial True Venerated Great Pardon Supreme Virtue Shining Holy Emperor Tony, please make it happen.
aym219.png

You fool! The correct title is the "Almighty Primordial True Venerated Great Pardon Supreme Virtue Venerated Holy Emperor Tony," not the "Almighty Primordial True Venerated Great Pardon Supreme Virtue Shining Holy Emperor Tony."

Now he won't grant the wish and we are all doomed :blob_no:

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
View attachment 25336
You fool! The correct title is the "Almighty Primordial True Venerated Great Pardon Supreme Virtue Venerated Holy Emperor Tony," not the "Almighty Primordial True Venerated Great Pardon Supreme Virtue Shining Holy Emperor Tony."

Or just Tony *shrug*

Sola-sama

Retired Old Man
View attachment 25336

When I typed that, it says "Title has been taken"

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
Joke on you guys, I use black blue mode.
Opera Snapshot_2024-02-20_145829_forum.scribblehub.com.png

Voidiris

And how did you choose that? It isn't an option for me.

If you are applying it via a userscript, I would very much like to see it.
I use on the site white mode and in opera forced dark mode, the normal opera version looks better than the gaming opera version this way, in the gaming one somethings look weird, both are still in my opinion far prettier than the normal ones.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
I don’t think Tony has any intentions to upgrade the forum. That’s the status quo that AliceShiki mentioned several times whenever the forum had feature requests.
Tweaking colors has been done in the past, but forums tend to cause lots of problems if you try to update them.
Usually there is a large number of plugins in use, and half of them don't exist for the next version.

Tony

Staff member
Hey-ho, I'd like to ask if it is possible to change this for those of us who use dark mode on the forums. (Light users, your laughter won't mean anything as it's like hearing the Joker giggle.)

• When in polls or choices, make the checkmark more visible.
Let me show some examples:

View attachment 25332

View attachment 25333

It's way too hard to make it out, in my opinion.

• The second is to make the highlighted text in the editor also a different color.
Example:
View attachment 25334

Many times, it is too hard to see where I am or what I am highlighting:

View attachment 25335

On the images it is even easier to pick out than doing it 'live.'

Um, that is it. If it would be a lighter color or the same when highlighting text from others' posts, that would be awesome.

Thank you~

Sure, no problem. It's been implemented. I'm not a dark mode user though so if the new colors seem off, let me know.

Joke on you guys, I use black blue mode.View attachment 25348

No offense but it looks like someone broke your version of the forums. I would get a headache if I had to look at that everyday :sweating_profusely:

Voidiris

No offense but it looks like someone broke your version of the forums. I would get a headache if I had to look at that everyday :sweating_profusely:
I really like it but I can understand where you are coming from, the dark mode and white mode are in my opinion far worse.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I really like it but I can understand where you are coming from, the dark mode and white mode are in my opinion far worse.
I think it's the stark contrast between the colors. Actually good for nightblind people like me.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
Sure, no problem. It's been implemented. I'm not a dark mode user though so if the new colors seem off, let me know.

Those will work fine.