• No (Nominate)

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Probably

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Yeah (How)

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters

Notadate

A single wolf would be easy since they're cautious and intelligent animals and never attack or hunt without their pack. The moment the wolf notices I'm neither an enemy nor prey it will leave me be and be on their way again. So I'd call that a win. Until that bastard returns with the pack and overkills the f*ck out of me.

Sticks and stones don't help much in a dogfight 🥁
It’s like a fce (force combat event.) two enter and only one leaves.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Depends on what weapons I have but for the most part, no.

uCare

Can you? Barehanded in the woods, no other people or wolves to interfere.

I could.

If not nominate someone instead.

Describe how.
Yes I have but not sure if it was a wolf or dog. We lived on a street that passed through a woods buffering the town and a protected forest. This happened when I was across the street and about a square's distance in the woods. No sound, just blur of dark golden brown fur and swift bite in the small of my back and I fall over. When I turned and saw "something" get in my face I bit its nose and it ran off. Not one bark or yelp from it but was canine and BIG. I cried a lot after that but no stitches, luckily. I was somewhere between 7-10 years old and I don't remember how long I was grounded but I was punished for not telling my parents where I had played that day. I still adventured in the woods after.

greyliliy

I get this is half a joke, but I've seen how big wolves are and I don't think anyone is 1v1 fighting a wolf with bare hands. Lol.

Notadate

Attachments

• 16071616-C4A5-4332-AE58-C0AE900273D0.jpeg
    16071616-C4A5-4332-AE58-C0AE900273D0.jpeg
    498.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Depends, is it a wolf cub? Or maybe not a full grown wolf? I mean, if it’s the dominant male wolf of a wolf pack ya’ll are lying about winning bare hands.

I could 1v1 but I would probably lose unless it’s a smaller female or a cub.

NineHeadHeavenDevouringSerpent

Anatomically we are at disadvantage when going toe to toe with a quadrupedal, who have a much better centre of gravity that helps them stabilize quicker. Once we fall down, it is game over.

So the trick is to lower myself as low as possible and have better balance first and foremost, and then wait....

Whoever makes the first move in this encounter is going to be at an disadvantage, if they make it, then it is wonderful but if they don't then the brief moment when they are mid air or just reeling back from having failed to catch...Boom! The opponent gets the perfect counter, which is very easy to take advantage of..even for a noob.

And that is what I'll bet on, I'll wait till the wolf can't stay calm and makes the move. Then when its fangs are just about to rip my jugular off I'll twist myself and lodge my left forearm all the way back to the lips edge...sure it'll hurt and probably even crush my arm but lodging it way behind its frontal canines will atleast give it a chance to not be split apart and most importantly I just locked its head without any room for maneuver. With the other free arm I'll pincer attack its eye with my nails digging deep into its sockets and scraping away the eyeball to make way till the brain.

I'll probably have to shove half my right forearm into its eyes and still I'll hit the few bones and won't actually be able to get to the brains but that doesn't matter, I have already torn several major arteries, just pulling my hand out will be like opening the floodgates.

By now I've lost senses in my left arm, the wolf is still probably struggling to remove itself from hold and is in terrible pain of its own, obviously its eyes were gauged out and its bleeding profusely, so while it's struggling it won't forget to inflict just as much pain to its attacker and thus will twist, shake and grind its jaws to rip my arm off.

I bite my teeth, holding in the soul shredding pain, just few more moments and the wolf would lose too much blood to stay conscious enough to struggle more.

I could see the stream of blood flowing down like the niagra from its empty eye socket, and I could also see my blood gushing out at the sides of its jaws. My bloody right hand now holding the wolf down on its back, to make sure its deadly claws don't get in the fight. With them i would be outmatched in a blink of an eye.

Not that it is working that well, the blood is making it difficult to get grip on its furry hide, and my own loss of blood is starting to get to my head. The light headedness could be the end of me...

It's down to who could hold on long enough...

Our growls intermingle in the backdrop of the jungle noise, giving it a brutal vibrance. The mid day sun light giving the trees and shrubs a yellow glow, the splattered blood in stark contrast shining eerily and sucking in the sun's light like a black hole.

All I can see now is blurry lines, I don't know if I'm holding down the wolf anymore i can't seem to sense my right arm as well now "So I was the one to kick the bucket huh? Glurggggh" something sticky and metallic choked my throat, I spit it out to see the red black liquid trickling down on the dirt.

I didn't feel any pain, but that helped me regain some sense of my body. I'm hurled over, my head sideways and both of whatever remains of my arms laying near my curled up knees.

I can't make out the wolf, 'Has it left me to bleed here? Not even worthy of a meal..pssk' wallowing at my own thoughts I gather whatever strength I can muster to get up.

Pain!

So much pain!

I didn't know where it was coming from, more exactly where it was not coming from. It felt like fire being lit in my muscles, my right hand immediately gave away and I hit the dirt hard, making my head dizzy once again.

And that was the last memory I have of that fateful encounter. I don't remember much of what happened later, but when I next woke up I was on a bed staring at the hospital ceiling.

The rangers told me they found a wolf carcass by my side, laying in a pool of dried blood with one of its eyes missing...

That my kids, is how I felled a wolf on my own.

Last edited:

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Screenshot_20240403-104921.png

I like how everyone thinks that this is a death match. It is a predator and if you put up enough resistance they will determine you aren't worth there time.

Do this by keeping your distance and raising your arms and making lots of noise, protect yourself with your forearm and whatever clothing you can spare to wrap around said forearms and as well as your neck.

That is your best option. A lone wolf has a better chance at killing and maiming you than you do it, they are not the size of your average dog and especially not a coyote (see picture above). You need several things to happen correctly in order to have possiblity of restraining it let alone killing it. All it needs is a single opportunity.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I could kill the wolf if I had an axe, a spear, but the best weapon would be a shotgun

Notadate

View attachment 27654
I like how everyone thinks that this is a death match. It is a predator and if you put up enough resistance they will determine you aren't worth there time.

Do this by keeping your distance and raising your arms and making lots of noise, protect yourself with your forearm and whatever clothing you can spare to wrap around said forearms and as well as your neck.

That is your best option. A lone wolf has a better chance at killing and maiming you than you do it, they are not the size of your average dog and especially not a coyote (see picture above). You need several things to happen correctly in order to have possiblity of restraining it let alone killing it. All it needs is a single opportunity.
It is a death match. I’ve been saying it like a lot. One must die!

Naked, barehanded, and one must die

TransCatGirl

chance of the wolf no walking away: 70%
chance of me not walking away: 80%

There is overlap because neither of us walking away is a very real possibility. There's also the very real possibility of injuries that don't kill us, can the wolf still hunt, if I don't die from blood loss do I get a permanent limp (at the least).

A typical wolf would know & run with a pack. If this isn't a typical wolf then what is it? Is it a lone wolf, starving and thus desperate enough to risk getting injured, if so increase my survival chances to around 50%.

Or is it the opposite, was I am especially vulnerable human when the wolf saw me? If so decrease my survival to 5-10%

Or is this a fantasy world where you're healed up on level up? If not, consider just not fighting.