Competetive exam advice .What actually got you a productive consistent schedule to prepare for competitive exams

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
Asians who took STEM. How do you prepare for subjects you hate.
You know deadly exams after high school.
What got you working everyday towards exam.
I have no problem studying for knowledge i just can't stand the memorization of chemistry. Studying for exam and knowledge is different. Since exam needs just solving questions answering poorly worded bullshit question which don't have anything to do with understanding.

So to any of you who succeded what actually worked.

Asking on scribblehub cause there should be at least one brave warrior here who used this site and still overcome himself and succeded.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Brute force and retard strength.

That's it. You throw away all bias and opinions you have and focus on the important thing at hand. Doesn't matter if it's bullshit or not. You power through the bitch with an empty head. Every plan and step you take in your life right now is all for STEM. Make schedules and study slots SOLELY for STEM. Nothing else in your life matters.

SHF? Forget it. Come back in a month. Hobbies? You can pick it back up later. Health and sleep? Well, if you're willing to pay the price, fuck it.

And I'm not saying it's a good thing either. It's utter mental torture that strings every student up and wrings any sort of critical thinking out. Shut brain and memorize. That's all you need to do. Society doesn't need thinkers; they need workers who will shut up, follow orders, and be efficient. Anyone who tries to stray from the path is a social outcast/exile who can't serve the country.

Remember, education doesn't serve you, it's vice versa. You may learn from it, but ultimately, you're serving back to the government, and if you don't like it, well, shit out of luck, you don't get the certificate a.k.a the one passport to further your studies.

So literally just give up on any outside ventures and focus on the task at hand. STEM is like a filter to get students that'll benefit society best. Imagine a dead end office worker in your local government building. File, work, report, repeat for forty years. Adopt that mindset and you're good to go.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
Brute force and retard strength.

That's it. You throw away all bias and opinions you have and focus on the important thing at hand. Doesn't matter if it's bullshit or not. You power through the bitch with an empty head. Every plan and step you take in your life right now is all for STEM. Make schedules and study slots SOLELY for STEM. Nothing else in your life matters.

SHF? Forget it. Come back in a month. Hobbies? You can pick it back up later. Health and sleep? Well, if you're willing to pay the price, fuck it.

And I'm not saying it's a good thing either. It's utter mental torture that strings every student up and wrings any sort of critical thinking out. Shut brain and memorize. That's all you need to do. Society doesn't need thinkers; they need workers who will shut up, follow orders, and be efficient. Anyone who tries to stray from the path is a social outcast/exile who can't serve the country.

Remember, education doesn't serve you, it's vice versa. You may learn from it, but ultimately, you're serving back to the government, and if you don't like it, well, shit out of luck, you don't get the certificate a.k.a the one passport to further your studies.

So literally just give up on any outside ventures and focus on the task at hand. STEM is like a filter to get students that'll benefit society best. Imagine a dead end office worker in your local government building. File, work, report, repeat for forty years. Adopt that mindset and you're good to go.
Did you win

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
Judging from the fact that I'm right here, right now, talking to you at the moment, what do you think?
Definitely seeing myself teaching at local high-school after doing M.Sc.

Man seeing my math teacher scared me. A dumber more religious version of me. Very passionate about math can't remember names . Says it's about knowledge not marks. Not true .

Current plan - Some gay guy on discord somehow had crush on me a few months ago despite me being very straight. He got good marks in exam. Might fuck him in the ass for money.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Definitely seeing myself teaching at local high-school after doing M.Sc

Current plan - Some gay guy on discord somehow had crush on me despite me being very straight. He got good marks in exam. Might fuck him in the ass for money.
I'm planning to live of Patreon money by writing cyber-smut myself. Good luck in your ventures.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
I'm planning to live of Patreon money by writing cyber-smut myself. Good luck in your ventures.
Fuck it i am just gonna scam people.
or write self help motivational books for idiots. Even better. I would be dropshippping guru in india and teach people(scam) how to make money. Now that would guarantee success.

Notreally was a joke

Last edited:

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
got trophee can't stop when talking about less self control. Heaven surely have a sense of humour

DubstheDuke

Just be consistent. Set aside an hour or two each day to study, and study one topic at a time. Then once youve studied each topic, do practice exams and time yourself. I'm preparing for the FE exam to get a certification as an engineer in training, and that's the method I'm using.

SaddyStorm

It sucks but, shutting everything out and focusing only on that is better for the long term; degrees = stable job = so much more.

D

Deleted member 29316

It sucks but, shutting everything out and focusing only on that is better for the long term; degrees = stable job = so much more.
As someone who's in-charge of giving the exams, I concur.

HappyVainGlory

Asians who took STEM. How do you prepare for subjects you hate.
You know deadly exams after high school.
What got you working everyday towards exam.
I have no problem studying for knowledge i just can't stand the memorization of chemistry. Studying for exam and knowledge is different. Since exam needs just solving questions answering poorly worded bullshit question which don't have anything to do with understanding.

So to any of you who succeded what actually worked.

Asking on scribblehub cause there should be at least one brave warrior here who used this site and still overcome himself and succeded.

For chemistry... I don't remember having to memorize that much? I suppose it depends on how you're tested though.

If the test is MC, I'd go look up to see if there were Quizlets on the topics or make my own and just drill those.

If the test is free response, practice tests are the way to go if you can find them. If not, and if you have homework on the subject, redo the questions on a new sheet of paper.

Overall, it would depend on how much you want to spend on it and how you learn best.

If you're a slow reader, I'd recommend watching youtube videos on the subject at 2x speed, or higher if you can still manage it.

If you're a fast reader, I'd just run through the textbook again.

If you hate doing both of those, you could always use textbook questions like an Easter egg hunt to find answers and check your knowledge.

And it also depends on what you're aiming for. If just to pass, then casual review should be enough as long as you've done everything diligently up to the exam point. If to get an A... well, there's really no substitute for grinding through the material and memorization only gets you so far.

skillet

a frying pan
For memorizing my chemistry (helloo ions and whatnot) I used the old-fashioned way and made flashcards... it's actually easier to memorize using flashcards ngl o.o run through them, take out the stuff you know, run through smaller pile, keep taking stuff out until you got all of them right, then run through all of them again and see which ones you forgot. After a few days or so of leisurely doing this on the sofa/taking this with me to places I know I'll be bored/doing this on the bus etc. etc., it's all good to go. Worked for SAT vocab back in the day too. haha memoriesss

Also the good ol' teach yourself method-- either tell whatever you're reading/studying back to yourself or write it down in physical notes. But if it's memorization you're having trouble with instead of understanding, using above method would probably be better ahaha

For stuff like terms you need to memorize (like in AP Psych), I used to run through AP psych quizzes online and take whichever term that came up (either as multiple choice answers or as questions, regardless of if the answer is correct) that I didn't know and study them until I recognized all terms that came up in the quiz, then moved on. Don't know if these will help tho since I didn't actually go into STEM... ahaha...

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
For memorizing my chemistry (helloo ions and whatnot) I used the old-fashioned way and made flashcards... it's actually easier to memorize using flashcards ngl o.o run through them, take out the stuff you know, run through smaller pile, keep taking stuff out until you got all of them right, then run through all of them again and see which ones you forgot. After a few days or so of leisurely doing this on the sofa/taking this with me to places I know I'll be bored/doing this on the bus etc. etc., it's all good to go. Worked for SAT vocab back in the day too. haha memoriesss

Also the good ol' teach yourself method-- either tell whatever you're reading/studying back to yourself or write it down in physical notes. But if it's memorization you're having trouble with instead of understanding, using above method would probably be better ahaha

For stuff like terms you need to memorize (like in AP Psych), I used to run through AP psych quizzes online and take whichever term that came up (either as multiple choice answers or as questions, regardless of if the answer is correct) that I didn't know and study them until I recognized all terms that came up in the quiz, then moved on. Don't know if these will help tho since I didn't actually go into STEM... ahaha...
flash cards was pretty good advice. Thank you.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
I'm not in Asia, but my comments on exam-studying is that that everyone has their own methods that work best for them. If you're in a path that involves a lot of standardized exams/studying, sometimes a large part of the process is figuring out a routine that works best for you.

If you're not cramming for a particular exam, a lot of times it's better to just learn things better the first time around. If you're able to effectively absorb and remember information the first time you learn it, it makes studying for exams a lot more relaxed and more like casual reviewing. Ideally, you don't want to be trying to learn stuff while cramming for exams.......

For very large standardized exams, it's usually better to do more practice questions than trying to read review books. More questions are better. The earlier that you start doing practice questions, the better.

Try to have a schedule with benchmarks/targets that you're trying to meet. For instance, during the 1.5 months I was studying for a big board exam, I divided up all the content/subjects and planned to spend 3 days on studying X, 5 days on studying Y, etc.