Contracts

kuzuhayuzu

So like there was an app that says I can earn for making a novel, I inquired about it and there was like 50usd signing bonus per work plus 100usd guarantee if i met the quota of 2k words per day or 60k words per month with some bonus if the 60k quota was exceeded and another 50 to 300usd if i completed the story in a certain count of words, any thoughts about this? its my first time so im not really knowledgeable about this

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Way too much work for the money, in my opinion.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
So like there was an app that says I can earn for making a novel, I inquired about it and there was like 50usd signing bonus per work plus 100usd guarantee if i met the quota of 2k words per day or 60k words per month with some bonus if the 60k quota was exceeded and another 50 to 300usd if i completed the story in a certain count of words, any thoughts about this? its my first time so im not really knowledgeable about this

Will they be putting your novel on Elon Musk's Mars rocket too? Gotta get at least that with the kind of absurd requirement imposed on you.

Let's see...
1. Before anything else, you have to pay USD50. Fair enough, lots of competition charge this, since they don't actually have money and use your money for prize money.
2. USD100 if you write at least 2k a day or 60k a month? Sounds like webnovel's oppressive and exploitative contract.
3. USD50 to USD 300 if you reach a certain number of words. Hum... let's say that this is 100k. So you will get a total of USD400 for 100k work

What an absolutely amazing contract! They're definitely going to paint your novel on one of Elon Musk's rockets, right?

VoxPopulist

I'm pretty sure this is the contract from Goodnovel right? I got one that was basically the exact same on my other account, which is straight-up a scam. Goodnovel is dead and has been for a while, so your book would be basically dead in the water for just over nothing. I would sign zero contracts until you've grown to a size that actually means something since most likely the contracts you're being offered are just predatory. Don't sign with WebNovel (ever), and don't sign with any site or publisher you don't recognize as a large name. Most of them are out to take copyrights and works for pennies.

kuzuhayuzu

I'm pretty sure this is the contract from Goodnovel right? I got one that was basically the exact same on my other account, which is straight-up a scam. Goodnovel is dead and has been for a while, so your book would be basically dead in the water for just over nothing. I would sign zero contracts until you've grown to a size that actually means something since most likely the contracts you're being offered are just predatory. Don't sign with WebNovel (ever), and don't sign with any site or publisher you don't recognize as a large name. Most of them are out to take copyrights and works for pennies.
Just asking, what is an acceptable contract in your opinion?
Will they be putting your novel on Elon Musk's Mars rocket too? Gotta get at least that with the kind of absurd requirement imposed on you.

Let's see...
1. Before anything else, you have to pay USD50. Fair enough, lots of competition charge this, since they don't actually have money and use your money for prize money.
2. USD100 if you write at least 2k a day or 60k a month? Sounds like webnovel's oppressive and exploitative contract.
3. USD50 to USD 300 if you reach a certain number of words. Hum... let's say that this is 100k. So you will get a total of USD400 for 100k work

What an absolutely amazing contract! They're definitely going to paint your novel on one of Elon Musk's rockets, right?
I hope so lmao

Psycholor

Writing Trash

Let's see...

50 dollar signing bonus doesn't mean they pay 50 dollars? It means they would pay them 50 dollars upfront if they sign away their soul.

Still a shit-ass contract, but at least it doesn't look like you have to pay for the privilege of being fucked in this case.