Corty's Feedback Corner (Kinda... Read the first post!) --- Closed until further notice.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Hey! I fixed the covers as you suggested! What do you think? :)
Thanks again! The program is really good and easy! :)
They are better. It's a bit hard to read; maybe giving them an outline of different colors could help. The second one is fine as the background is dark, so it is easily readable. On the second, maybe if it had a gold outline or something, it would be much more easier to read.

Keep in mind, that the images get shrunken down on SH, so the subtitles will be hard to read anyway. I too struggle with that but oh well, we do what we can~

But those are nitpicks on my part.

SalivaSpittingWorm

They are better. It's a bit hard to read; maybe giving them an outline of different colors could help. The second one is fine as the background is dark, so it is easily readable. On the second, maybe if it had a gold outline or something, it would be much more easier to read.

Keep in mind, that the images get shrunken down on SH, so the subtitles will be hard to read anyway. I too struggle with that but oh well, we do what we can~

Thanks! I'll try to do as you suggest. We'll see how it goes. :)
Yeah, it will. My only regret is that I'm probably bothering Tony with this if he's the one who approves of it all. :P
Okay, one last try. XD

Kalliel

Grind, Future, A Beautiful Star
Thanks! I'll try to do as you suggest. We'll see how it goes. :)
Yeah, it will. My only regret is that I'm probably bothering Tony with this if he's the one who approves of it all. :P
Okay, one last try. XD
Don't worry, I made him approve my cover twice because the first one was not properly scaled, like, just a little bit off.
And I wasn't killed, so it should be fine...

Last edited:

SalivaSpittingWorm

Okay, that's it. What now? Is the title better on the first one?

ShyIsekai

Ah Corty, your "judge a book by it's cover (and synopsis/chapters/etc)" is the exact main area we are looking for feedback on - trying to attract the right audience for a slower burn story in our genres is going to be a little tricky so trying to nail it. Would love if you could share any thoughts!

Corty

@nii07
Please tag me next time; that is why I missed it :blob_no: I'll do two at once.

• Cover
The covers are nice; what I would change is that when there is a bright background, if you give the text a darker outline, it helps readability.

• Title
The second title is much better than the first one, but that is probably my personal bias. I never liked long titles, so I am not criticizing you because of that. What I would surely change, though, is that half of that title is in all caps. Looks jarring.

• Synopsis
Once again, your second book's synopsis is way better than the first. I would try a rewrite of the first in the style of the second. It tells me much more about the story, the background, and what to expect. The first one is way too short and tells me nothing interesting to read further.

• Tags
All is good here.

• Chapter Titles
This time, your first book's chapter titles are better. I know its hard to write sub-titles every time, so it is not something that has to change.

Final thoughts:
  • Nothing looked interesting. (It needs work. Not bad, not good)
    • This is because of the 1st book. The second is a tier above it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ShyIsekai
Please tag me next time; that is why I missed it :blob_no:

• Cover
I like it. Even with the long title, it is readable and focused on the girl's head, so it doesn't look cramped. Good job with that!

• Title
It is straightforward. I said this many times before I am not a fan of long titles, but I get it. So it is all good. It is effective, so it's all fine.

• Synopsis
Interesting take on it. The "story" section is what a regular synopsis would look like, so it is all fine and interesting. The rest of the sections were a really good idea. I really like it and may copy the approach in some of my future books if you don't mind. It is so simple yet effective.

• Tags
Everything is in order.

• Chapter Titles
This time, your first book's chapter titles are better. I know it's hard to write sub-titles every time, so it is not something that has to change.

Final thoughts:
  • To the reading list, it goes! (Very interesting!)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am closing this thread for now as my IRL work schedule is going to be extra busy. Until the new year, I won't continue it.

ShyIsekai

Thanks @Corty I think the chapter titles section was for the other user (as we only have one book) but that's no worries!

Of course you should borrow synopsis ideas, like all great ideas I borrowed it from somewhere else along the way too. I like clear setting of expectations with any lewd writing especially, builds a better feeling of consent between reader and author and hopefully avoids that rough moment when you read some stuff you didn't sign up for.

nii07

I appreciate the review @Corty. Thanks for taking the time to do both:blobthumbsup:

Yeah, the first story was my first attempt so I feel it needs quite a bit of tuning up. Your suggestions were very helpful.

RiaCorvidiva

Lady with a Caws.
@Corty (I hope I did this right, am new here):

Might I be the first person to receive a 'judge my work by its cover' for the grand re-opening?

I will point out that I'm in the process of commissioning new, human-made art, and I accept criticism for still having my interim AI-genned art without reservation

Last edited:

Corty

@Corty (I hope I did this right, am new here):

Might I be the first person to receive a 'judge my work by its cover' for the grand re-opening?

I will point out that I'm in the process of commission new, human-made art, and I accept criticism for still having my interim AI-genned art without reservation
The pleasure is mine!
  • Cover
It's nice, but it does need some title or some more that makes it into a true cover. Now, it is just an image disconnected from the story at first glance. It also feels a bit smushed, but as you said, there will be a new one. It is all good~!

• Title
Traditional title. I like it. I enjoy titles that are concise and follow the old tradition, aka not having the genre and whatnot in it. But I am rambling~ The thing is, the title is what I would expect from a fantasy-themed book.

• Synopsis
Once again, a traditional synopsis. Nice. I like it when a synopsis paints a simple image of what to expect from the MC, from the world, and what the premise is. It gives me enough info to decide if it is something that sounds nice and makes me read it to learn more. I know the players and the driving conflict of its main plot, and it makes me curious enough to see what will happen.

• Tags
Filled out as it should be. It even gives me more insight next to the synopsis of what to expect later on in the story. I like it when authors know how to use it.

• Chapter Titles
Perfect.

Final thoughts:
  • To the reading list it goes! (Very interesting!)
    • My only gripe was the cover, but knowing a proper one is in the making, I say everything is in order to catch readers with it.

PBJ_Time

If you're into isekai litRPGs, please let me know what you think, as a thorough feedback will be very helpful. Since this is a draft, chapter 7 is still being written, so I recommend you read the previous ones only. Thank you.
Edit: chapter 7 is done. You can read it at your leisure if you like.

Last edited:
Hello Corty,

Appreciate if you could you check mine out.

Corty

If you're into isekai litRPGs, please let me know what you think, as a thorough feedback will be very helpful. Since this is a draft, chapter 7 is still being written, so I recommend you read the previous ones only. Thank you.
Edit: chapter 7 is done. You can read it at your leisure if you like.
You didn't read my first post, I assume :blob_hide:

My isekai novel, Glitchborn. It’s in my signature
  • Cover
It's nice and fitting, but I do have one issue with it. The title's color scheme. It blends into the background and makes it hard to read. It either needs a stronger outline or a brighter font color to make it more easily readable at first glance.

• Title
Good, and I do prefer short, concise titles.

• Synopsis
It is fine, but I think it needs work or a rewrite, as it reads a bit off. Here is my example:

Glitchborn is a professional hacker hungry for knowledge and unleashing chaos in the digital world. Yet victory turns to despair when his creation casts him into a breathtaking, alien reality. This vibrant paradise hides dark secrets, and Glitchborn is thrust into a game he didn't choose.

Hunted by enigmatic creatures and by whispers of his past, Glitchborn must decipher the rules of this new world. Using his hacking skills and insatiable curiosity, he unravels the mysteries of the code that governs everything, uncovering truths that could rewrite his fate and the fabric of this wondrous, dangerous reality.
  • Tags
It is filled out and nicely done; it is important to have them in place as it makes it easier for lists and searches.

• Chapter Titles
All good.

Final thoughts:
  • Nothing looked interesting. (It needs work. Not bad, not good.
    • The synopsis and maybe the cover (that is subjective) need a bit of work, and then it will jump up a tier.

Hello Corty,

Appreciate if you could you check mine out.

• Cover
It's nice; maybe the title would do well with an outline to make it easier to read. (The curse part blends in with its background)

• Title
Clever. I really like the wordplay you did with it. Nice. My brain first read it "of course" multiple times before it registered. Maybe it is not a wordplay, just me being stupid. Anyway, I really dig it.

• Synopsis
I would leave out the following part:

(or Amelia, homeless in her modern world)

Because in the second part you mention uncovering past secrets. Then we don't need to know she has been reincarnated or something. Let it be a surprise. The rest are fine, nice, and interestingly unique.
  • Tags
I would be happy to see more, as a kind of "what to expect" in the story's future.

• Chapter Titles
All good.

Final thoughts:
  • Hm... Sounds nice. You got my attention. (Good.)