Writing Prompt Country Building: Fantasy World Antarctica

If Antarctica was in a Fantasy World, I'm curious on how you folks would build a country there.

You can be as OP as you want. The world can be set in parallel Earth or you can just add whatever you like.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
If Antarctica was in a Fantasy World, I'm curious on how you folks would build a country there.

You can be as OP as you want. The world can be set in parallel Earth or you can just add whatever you like.
Let it go~ Let it go~
Cant hold it back anymore ~

and so began the founding of the Cold Play Kingdom. We live in harmony with the polar bears and learn the ways of the penguin, hunting for fish in the chilled waters.

we make our homes in cut out sections of glaciers and fornicate upon the backs of bear friends for they enjoy a good show.

we use fish guts for condoms and sing mary poppins as we drink siegbrau to the memory of Onion Bro.

the siegbrau may or may not make all the above figments of my highly intoxicated mental state

LostinMovement

Have you ever played Rimworld on an ice sheet map?
Cannibalism and some more cannibalism.
That's your answer.
Human skin coats...hmm how haute couture.

Kyrian_Clawraithe

The 3 needs for life are met already in Antarctica. You have animals for food, plenty of water, and can make shelter. The problem with it is that it isn't comfortable and the shelter is bland or difficult to get right.

So in my Antarctica, a new sapient species lives there who have natural talents in shaping ice and moving through snow and water. They have both gills and a normal respiratory track, so that they can live in both environments.

There are two races that have evolved from what their ancestry have done. Those that tended to swim in the water to hunt fish and grow underwater crops are called the Pingins. They have more developed gills and are slimmer, with their skin being more resistant and colorful. Pingins tend to be playful and energetic in nature as they tend to communicate through their actions. The ones who have hunted animals through the snow and air are called Polrbers, with the middle R being silent. They have more developed lungs and are a little thicker because they have more insulating fat and their skin is a shiny white to look like the ice around them. They tend to be quite and reserved and speak with precision.

They have built cities in the form of spires that are masterfully designed to weaken the weather that blows through them. From a distance these look like intricately decorated icicles that jut from the from the ice. These can be found pointed up into the air and down into the sea. In the water they have designed plants that can survive the cold temperatures and have farms being their main industry as they make most of the food and theater their main entertainment. The air portions are where the industry part is as they make most of the tools that tools that both races use and art is their main entertainment, especially landscape scenes.

The 3 needs for life are met already in Antarctica. You have animals for food, plenty of water, and can make shelter. The problem with it is that it isn't comfortable and the shelter is bland or difficult to get right.

So in my Antarctica, a new sapient species lives there who have natural talents in shaping ice and moving through snow and water. They have both gills and a normal respiratory track, so that they can live in both environments.

There are two races that have evolved from what their ancestry have done. Those that tended to swim in the water to hunt fish and grow underwater crops are called the Pingins. They have more developed gills and are slimmer, with their skin being more resistant and colorful. Pingins tend to be playful and energetic in nature as they tend to communicate through their actions. The ones who have hunted animals through the snow and air are called Polrbers, with the middle R being silent. They have more developed lungs and are a little thicker because they have more insulating fat and their skin is a shiny white to look like the ice around them. They tend to be quite and reserved and speak with precision.

They have built cities in the form of spires that are masterfully designed to weaken the weather that blows through them. From a distance these look like intricately decorated icicles that jut from the from the ice. These can be found pointed up into the air and down into the sea. In the water they have designed plants that can survive the cold temperatures and have farms being their main industry as they make most of the food and theater their main entertainment. The air portions are where the industry part is as they make most of the tools that tools that both races use and art is their main entertainment, especially landscape scenes.

yeah, antarctic landscapes are beautiful af especially during the aurora.

though my reference is that one antarctic anime

when it comes to your structure it reminds me of conifers. their leaves are designed to resist the wind and can gather nutrients even in winter. that's pretty nice idea. when it comes to winter stuff, the only thing i can think of is snow castles and igloos.

Kyrian_Clawraithe

When it comes to winter stuff, the only thing i can think of is snow castles and igloos.
I can understand why. The thing is, fantasy doesn't have to be based off of our reality. So what I do is I focus on function and then form to come up with ideas. For instance, my spires where inSPIREd by both Icicles, because they are made from shaping ice, and conifers because they can survive through winter really well.

Llamadragon

Heck yeah, Antarctica is the coolest place.

An ancient city protected from the winds under a dome of ice, forgotten and rediscovered over and again as the rising and falling sea levels claim it and return it? Yes plz