Crazies Magnetism?

LilTV1155

I read some stories there and somewhere. When some characters are identified as black-bellied, yanderes, stalker, love-cons, pervs, psychos, antisocial, split-personality, trashes, delulu, and etc., during the entire progression of plots and interactions with other characters in specific genres that involves romance, action, BL, BG, GL, even the isekai harem and etc.

Then it struck me with a few questions -

What exactly attract those kind of crazies?

Do crazies naturally always gravitates towars their own kinds, especially the ones who don't know that they are also crazy too?

If a person (Main Character) stay too close to a Crazy or a Trash, does that meant that him/her/they/xey have the potentials of transforming into one as well?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
With most plots, the characters would have to be some level of crazy to stay around and continue it. Any sane person would either (A) forgo the plot completely and leave it to someone who is more capable, or (B) not know how bad it is until it's too late and either die or suffer some kind of consequence for their lack of foresight.

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
In my experience, people who have various mental problems of such kinds target empaths or otherwise emotionally vulnerable people.

This is largely because they are more easily manipulated to stay within a cycle of abuse. They put up with bad behavior for far longer, and often make excuses for it. Empaths naturally want connection. And certain types of people take that desire and abuse it for their own ends.

D

Deleted member 54065

IRL, if you're kind and accomodating to everyone, you really might end up attracting them. I learned that the hard way. And yes, I agree with @Viator ; empathic people are vulnerable to the crazies.

Crazies lean more on the genes (what we call in education as 'nature'), rather than an 'acquired' trait (nurture).

Also, being anti-social isn't a 'crazy', it's an acquired trait and set of preferences. Like, for example, our mother (in an effort to shield us from bad influence of the street kids) seldom lets us off to play outside, hence I developed the 'anti-social' attitude growing up.

Then, everything changed when I became a teacher myself. From someone who can't initiate a conversation, now I can, but prefer not to do it (it's exhausting).

I can cite a lot of other 'anti-social' examples from the behavior of my students, though all of them can be summarized into the 'nurture' side of things.

'Trash' behavior is also an acquired trait, though it often serves as a 'cautionary' tale to people around them, rather than an 'encouraging' trait to emulate.

But still, there's a chance, at least unconsciously, for others to pick up 'trash' outlooks and behavior while spending time with one. Especially if the person is inclined to become 'trash' himself/herself. Anti-socials are vulnerable to this, but since they won't initiate/avoid the relationship, it was the 'outgoing' person who becomes related to the 'trash', hence the behavior dies with the 'trash' himself/herself.

There are some cases where a 'pervert' is an acquired trait. I observed this on people who were abused themselves when they were young, male and female. I got several co-teachers who lust after their students, with the aforementioned background (they'd tell it while drunk or when someone brings up a similar topic while in the faculty room) and a friend who was molested when he was 15, ended up a sex maniac he is today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Le_ther

I read some stories there and somewhere. When some characters are identified as black-bellied, yanderes, stalker, love-cons, pervs, psychos, antisocial, split-personality, trashes, delulu, and etc., during the entire progression of plots and interactions with other characters in specific genres that involves romance, action, BL, BG, GL, even the isekai harem and etc.

Then it struck me with a few questions -

What exactly attract those kind of crazies?

Do crazies naturally always gravitates towars their own kinds, especially the ones who don't know that they are also crazy too?

If a person (Main Character) stay too close to a Crazy or a Trash, does that meant that him/her/they/xey have the potentials of transforming into one as well?
Crazy person is like a stand user.

Clinically insane, unique, and would be always attracted to a sore loser

D

Deleted member 54065

Even for opposites, there will always be a hidden middle ground that causes the attraction and compatibility issues.
Most probably they are tired of the same stuff so they look for their antithesis.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Probably the same things that attract the people who think they're sane.

Alternative answer, whatever the author says attracts them. They're drawn where the plot wants them to be drawn. Don't overread an entire encyclopedia's worth of tropes unless you want to analyze specific examples.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Ok, so first: It's obvious that those crazies flock to protagonists. They're almost always the most craziestestest person in the radius. That's why they're the protagonist; They're either crazy dumb, crazy insensitive, crazy simps, crazy edgy or just plain crazy plain.

It's also a quick laugh to have your crazy wife/gf/stalker be jealous of girls breathing the same air as MC just because or some other serious mental problem that gets downplayed for laughs since it's fun and not a (mental) disability that need help. Same as the angry-Tsundere-1080-hits-beatdown-just-because. It's funny cause a cute girl's being mental instead of literally anybody else.

TL;DR: Cute (mental) girls doing cute (crazy) things sells

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Opposites attract.
This a super common myth. Opposites don't really attract, women are just liars. There is a reason women always date abusive scumbags, have regular gang rape fantasies, file for divorce electively (no abuse or infidelity) 4 times more than men, and kill babies like it's going out of style. They are natural manipulators, an instinct that evolved out of the need for betrayal. Since ancient times women have had only one weapon to wage war against mankind with, deceit. Women are simply naturally inclined to evil. The entire reason humans die and feel pain in the first place is because Eve took the apple from the garden of Eden. One of god's very first lessons is essentially not to trust a woman, for they will lead you astray. Also this entire conversation makes no sense since all women are naturally crazy, so it's kind of redundant.

SailusGebel

This a super common myth. Opposites don't really attract, women are just liars. There is a reason women always date abusive scumbags, have regular gang rape fantasies, file for divorce electively (no abuse or infidelity) 4 times more than men, and kill babies like it's going out of style. They are natural manipulators, an instinct that evolved out of the need for betrayal. Since ancient times women have had only one weapon to wage war against mankind with, deceit. Women are simply naturally inclined to evil. The entire reason humans die and feel pain in the first place is because Eve took the apple from the garden of Eden. One of god's very first lessons is essentially not to trust a woman, for they will lead you astray. Also this entire conversation makes no sense since all women are naturally crazy, so it's kind of redundant.
BASED. :blob_shade:

SailusGebel

Tell me why people think fire and water/ice people should get together for the romcom.
Because opposites attracts. A huge difference will result in curiosity. And curiosity is a straight way to love. It's that simple. Hatred can also result in love, and hatred between polar opposites can happen easily. Take note that I'm not trying to be super realistic here.