describe foods

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
I invite y'all to pick a food to describe to someone who has never seen anything like it (bonus points if it's a well known food item most people would at least know of, ex. pork) from where it comes from to how it tastes

D

Deleted member 113259

It's an amazing grain and flour based work of culinary perfection, that has its roots all the way back in ancient Egypt. Though it was too luxurious for anyone but the very wealthy to ingest unless it was a very special occasion for the process to make such a fine meal was too labor intensive. It's taste is immaculate but indescribable. Some would think it tastes like nothing at all.

D

Deleted member 54065

It's an amazing grain and flour based work of culinary perfection, that has its roots all the way back in ancient Egypt. Though it was too luxurious for anyone but the very wealthy to ingest unless it was a very special occasion for the process to make such a fine meal was too labor intensive. It's taste is immaculate but indescribable. Some would think it tastes like nothing at all.
This is bread? The unleavened one?

My turn.

A pork and chicken-based (sometimes with egg, too) dish, with a little bit of soy sauce and vinegar for sauce. It has that distinctive sour-salty flavor, and is sometimes given a dash of sugar for that sweet-sour taste.

While one can preserve it for long, it is pretty easy to cook as well.

TotallyHuman

An exotic meal the aborigines seemed to favour was a highly nutritious in protein organic-based fiber sometimes it came packaged with substances rich in fat. In raw form it usually either came frozen or covered in a thin layer of organic oil. It was rarely considered a safe protocol to ingest in without further processing (as strange as this was. I suppose it was because the designers of this particular brand of fiber decided to leave customisation to end-consumers. Please note that although it may seem bizarre, but alien cultures usually have their own circumstances shaping customs that may seem unusual at first perusal, but is absolutely natural after you take said circumstances in account). Secondary processing usually involved thermal disinfection and addition of various chemical compounds of simple composition that would transform its texture, color and, it seems, flavour - although perchance it was my chemical detectors at fault. I can hardly conceive consuming food so awfully lacking standards when it came to last mentioned property.

billydbd

Grilled meat seasoned with spices, cooked along with various vegetables, and ultimately prepared on flatbread that holds the ingredients together in a savory cylindrical goodness.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
The dough has been beaten, and now they are tossing it around, adeptly. The cook prepares the pan, but not before topping it with his own homemade thick tomato sauce. He piles on the dough toppings: first the cheese, then the succulent pepperoni. I could tell this was no ordinary man as he sprinkled his own cut sausage. Indeed, this was the man of legend. He poured all of my favorite toppings on exquisitely before shoving that goodness into his fireplace oven. I knew it was a match made in heaven from the moment I laid my eyes upon the finished product. I kissed the cheese that burned my lips as we melted together...

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
stretch and fold, stretch and fold, over and over again. Till all that's left are tendrils covered in powder. Rest. Develop. Boil and Cook. Combine with the essence of chicken, oil, and meat, a wonderful dish is made. Though be careful, those tendrils, thin and dense, can choke you out....

katienugget

This is bread? The unleavened one?

My turn.

A pork and chicken-based (sometimes with egg, too) dish, with a little bit of soy sauce and vinegar for sauce. It has that distinctive sour-salty flavor, and is sometimes given a dash of sugar for that sweet-sour taste.

While one can preserve it for long, it is pretty easy to cook as well.
love adobo

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Take some chicken, coat it with flour, put it in buttermilk, put into a mixture of flour and spices, then cook that sunovabitch 'till it's golden! Then savor the crunch of the crust and taste of the grease.

On the nose and stupid, I know, I'm bad at describing things

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Water. It is wet, clear, and satisfying for thirst. Sometimes minerals make it taste better and other times, temperature makes it taste better. It is everywhere, except the desert and the ocean's water will kill you.

Notadate

Balut is good. Sisig is geat, had it for dinner
One is eating a unborn child of a chicken, and the other is eating a adult

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Brace your senses, mortal, for this unearthly feast will challenge your perception of culinary reality and plunge you into a realm of tantalizing darkness.

Imagine a slab of meat, seared to perfection, its surface cloaked in a mysterious, charred crust. It emerges from the abyss with an aura of smoky allure, as if conjured from the depths of a forbidden realm. Its obsidian hue glimmers with an otherworldly sheen, hinting at the secrets hidden within its delectable depths.

As you draw near, a sinister aroma fills the air, evoking an eerie blend of earthy richness and a haunting smokiness. It is a scent that lures you into the labyrinthine corridors of temptation, beckoning you to indulge in the forbidden knowledge held within this eldritch fare.

With each bite, you embark upon a perilous journey. The flesh yields under your mortal bite, yet there is an enigmatic resistance, as if the very essence of darkness resists your intrusion. The flavours that dance upon your tongue are an enigmatic symphony - a harmonious discord of savoury and charred intensity. The shadows of spices and herbs weave through the depths of your senses, whispering of ancient incantations and lost secrets.

The texture is a paradoxical delight. It is both tender and firm, as if it were composed of intermingling dimensions. The succulent juiciness oozes from within, while the exterior boasts a seductive, brittle crunch. With every chew, you are ensnared in a cosmic tug of war, a batter between tenderness and resistance, delivering a sensation that is both unsettling and captivating.

It is a manifestation of the primal, the forbidden and the extraordinary. It embodies that untamed powers of fire and darkness, summoning forth an eldritch gustation that defies mortal understanding. It is a communion with the unknown, a communion that awakens the dormant desires lurking within your mortal frame.

So dare you partake in this enigma that is the roast beef and allow its shadowy and smoky essence consume you?

Midnight-Phantom

( Enigmatic-Entity )
I invite y'all to pick a food to describe to someone who has never seen anything like it (bonus points if it's a well known food item most people would at least know of, ex. pork) from where it comes from to how it tastes
H2O ..

Water tastes like a lot of things. It is the most diverse commodity we consume, and its taste changes depending on the minerals it interacts with. I am pretty sure you would never drink the same water I drink if we are not in the same vicinity. Bottled water is a different matter altogether, as they have their own recipes. :blob_uwu:
Water. It is wet, clear, and satisfying for thirst. Sometimes minerals make it taste better and other times, temperature makes it taste better. It is everywhere, except the desert and the ocean's water will kill you.
Bro, we think the same .. :blob_aww:
Instead of a uterine lining like placental mammals make, birds encase nutrients for their offspring in calcium carbonate shells. Other animals, such as humans, can benefit from these nutrients, and they come in a convenient wrapper.
I don't know how should I feel ?...

is it for information purposes?

for comedy ?

feel sad?

:blob_blank:

Last edited:

Horrible-Void

Cheese oozed out the sides of the bread, that currently sizzled on the pan. They used a spatula to check underneath, to make sure is was golden brown before flipping it over. Already on the plate was a delectable glop of ketchup, just waiting to have something dunked in it. When it was finally done, they cut it diagonally in half, then watched the cheese as it teared in the middle, and dripped onto the plate.

Last edited:

Notadate

Balut

The fermented flesh of chick still underdeveloped in its shell. Usually served with a side of vinegar