Do you actually enjoy your writing?

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I’m sure in five years I’ll remark at how cringey it is. Maybe in five years after I’ve been drafted to fight a war in Eastern Europe I’ll remark on how unrealistic my war stories are, but for now I do enjoy them.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Yes and no~

When reading my older works, I look back at then and notice how amateurish they were, and how much they had to improve... On this end, I don't enjoy re-reading.

But I also enjoy specific scenes, still get touched by some interactions, cry when re-reading something when I remember my emotional state at the time I was writing it... Those things make me love re-reading~

BlackKnightX

As in the title, do you actually enjoy what you write? not the process itself but the result. Do you read something that you have written before, and smile? or do you just pull your hair from cringing too hard? Do you get the chance to enjoy reading your previous work? or do you just get into cruel editor mode?
I reread my writing a lot. Well, it’s a good way to procrastinate~ lol But yes, it always puts a smile on my face whenever I read it. Maybe it’s because I’m not really critical. All I care about is having fun, so the writing quality is the least of my concern.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
It's good for finding motivation to continue and for keeping your style consistent. I enjoyed reading my story while I was doing that, but now it's so long I don't think I could read the whole thing in one sitting...

Squirrel

What I write is what I think and it's true for most of the times. Though I face problems doing so. But, it's just the starting you know and so, yup, I enjoy my writings. No matter if it's the first draft or the final chapter.

D

Deleted member 57675

No. Sometimes the stories your mind conjures are not the stories one likes to read.

Last edited by a moderator:

paradigmfriday

Some stuff I'm meh on...there's definitely some stuff that's made me cringe, but then there's the occasional chapter or two where it's like eating brownies that you made a week ago and I'm like, "yo, this is pretty dope. I should totes make another batch"

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
Of course! I wouldn't be writing if I don't like it. Writing for me is like creating a little world where all the 'what ifs' come true. Seeing yourself grow overtime is also an enjoyable pastime. I always find time reading back my old, very old works and end up laughing a lot.

icey6

I really enjoy it but sometimes it’s kind of tiring to write. I’m better off imaging it rather than sitting down and trying to get it on screen.