Do you consider yourself a Niche Author?

SpaurdaD

In all honesty, I started writing one of my stories as a response to many of the terrible stories on Wattpad. I took a popular trope, made it gay, and added a bit of a twist to it. It was my way of "I'm going to take this and make it better than what others got" because let's be honest, most of these stories look like they're written by 13-14 year olds who are new to writing. But now that I actually have readers, I have to dedicate myself to the story now and actually try to make it good now haha

So am I a niche author? I think so? I do have another story that's BL but doesn't follow any trends or anything, I just wanted to write it ha

Derin_Edala

I'm a post-extinction author. I write in a genre that's sparsely populated because it was so incredibly popular that everyone got sick of it and left.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
In all honesty, I started writing one of my stories as a response to many of the terrible stories on Wattpad. I took a popular trope, made it gay, and added a bit of a twist to it. It was my way of "I'm going to take this and make it better than what others got" because let's be honest, most of these stories look like they're written by 13-14 year olds who are new to writing. But now that I actually have readers, I have to dedicate myself to the story now and actually try to make it good now haha

So am I a niche author? I think so? I do have another story that's BL but doesn't follow any trends or anything, I just wanted to write it ha
Welcome to the world of webnovels, where the majority of writers are teenagers with no experience and plenty of free time on their hands~

Wish I had done that when I was a teen, would have gotten a lot more time to polish my writing if I had started back then... T.T

Welcome to the world of webnovels, where the majority of writers are teenagers with no experience and plenty of free time on their hands~

Wish I had done that when I was a teen, would have gotten a lot more time to polish my writing if I had started back then... T.T

i did start writing since grade school and i'm still just a hobbyist right now.

i really don't care about making better works though. it's more important to have fun for me.

personally i think it doesn't really matter. it's not like sports and you wanted to be a world-class athlete.

you can start anytime and i feel it's more important to just enjoy the journey :D

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I don't consider myself a niche author since, while I do write what I want, I tweak it so that it can be popular. I do want people to read my stuff since I'm not just writing for myself, so I'm a bit vain in some respects.
I'd argue that being vain DOES help serve as motivation to improve, if utilized effectively.

AliceShiki

i did start writing since grade school and i'm still just a hobbyist right now.

i really don't care about making better works though. it's more important to have fun for me.

personally i think it doesn't really matter. it's not like sports and you wanted to be a world-class athlete.

you can start anytime and i feel it's more important to just enjoy the journey :D
Ah well, it's a difference in motivation I guess? You're writing to have fun, I'm writing because I wanna have fun and make a living out of it... Being a writer is just my dream job.

I think I'm pretty decent at it, but I definitely have a lot of room to improve. And I wish I had tried to improve back when I had tons of free time on my hand and basically no responsibilities... Instead of now that I have to juggle adult life responsibilities and my dream of being a writer.

Ah well, it's a difference in motivation I guess? You're writing to have fun, I'm writing because I wanna have fun and make a living out of it... Being a writer is just my dream job.

I think I'm pretty decent at it, but I definitely have a lot of room to improve. And I wish I had tried to improve back when I had tons of free time on my hand and basically no responsibilities... Instead of now that I have to juggle adult life responsibilities and my dream of being a writer.

personally i don't think i can do it. no matter how good i'm at writing, my ego is too big to consider someone else's preferences.

i probably won't give a damn even if someone slaps a million dollar at me.

i'd probably try to ascend as a loli god instead.

yeah adult life is hard, else i'm content on just being human.

i won't say empty things like i hope you can make it, but i feel that someone who can write what others want is kind of altruistic and not everyone can write for themselves. it's a blessing in a world filled with selfish bastards. i guess you can be a beacon of hope for your readers :D

Last edited:

AliceShiki

personally i don't think i can do it. no matter how good i'm at writing, my ego is too big to consider someone else's preferences.

i probably won't give a damn even if someone slaps a million dollar at me.

i'd probably try to ascend as a loli god instead.

yeah adult life is hard, else i'm content on just being human.

i won't say empty things like i hope you can make it, but i feel that someone who can write what others want is kind of altruistic and not everyone can write for themselves. it's a blessing in a world filled with selfish bastards. i guess you can be a beacon of hope for your readers :D
Oh, I still totally write what I wanna write, it's just that my tastes have enough overlap with the webnovel audience to the point that I think making a living from writing is not an impossible to achieve dream~

There is just no way I could try writing about something I dislike... If anything, I can try picking a theme amongst multiple themes I like because I think it will be more popular than other ones, but that's about it~

Getting better at writing to me just means that I'd make a better story while still talking about the stuff I wanna talk about... Not being better at writing the stuff the readers wanna read. I just hope that there are enough readers out there that like the kind of stuff I want to write about! XD

Oh, I still totally write what I wanna write, it's just that my tastes have enough overlap with the webnovel audience to the point that I think making a living from writing is not an impossible to achieve dream~

There is just no way I could try writing about something I dislike... If anything, I can try picking a theme amongst multiple themes I like because I think it will be more popular than other ones, but that's about it~

Getting better at writing to me just means that I'd make a better story while still talking about the stuff I wanna talk about... Not being better at writing the stuff the readers wanna read. I just hope that there are enough readers out there that like the kind of stuff I want to write about! XD

I personally like wholesome Futanari GL stuff like Aoba Q Madou. In a lot of hentai the characters keep getting abused and i don't like them.

Though there's one really rare subset of it which is Male to Futanari.

There's one manga I found where the whole male population became cute girls, while the MC happen to be a futanari. The story is discontinued though.

It'd be interesting to see a premise when both (or more) guys became cute girls or futanari and be lovey dovey with each other, but an author just said i'd better write my own lol.

If you happen to write them or know someone who does,, let me know :D

AliceShiki

I personally like wholesome Futanari GL stuff like Aoba Q Madou. In a lot of hentai the characters keep getting abused and i don't like them.

Though there's one really rare subset of it which is Male to Futanari.

There's one manga I found where the whole male population became cute girls, while the MC happen to be a futanari. The story is discontinued though.

It'd be interesting to see a premise when both (or more) guys became cute girls or futanari and be lovey dovey with each other, but an author just said i'd better write my own lol.

If you happen to write them or know someone who does,, let me know :D
I can confidently say that I am unable to write something that fits your specific tastes! Have fun writing those stories though! ^^)/

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
Yes.
My niche is cringey-ass otaku that like lolis...
Or literally any other niche that'll take whatever the fuck I write cus I'm fucked up sometimes but hey,

Love my readership
If you read me, know I'd love to dig yo mama <3 peace
I think Niche Authors are those that just follow their heart and just basically don't give a damn about the current trends at all.

Or it can be the Authors who just loves to write in that obscure niche which suits them.

They tend to be relatively unpopular (?) and may not be get the recognition they deserve, but they know that the most important thing is just writing.

I think those people are ones I respect a lot, even more than the big name Authors out there in general, even if I won't know most of them.

Do you consider yourself a Niche Author? What are your ideals in writing stories, in that case?

I'm not sure if my definition is correct, feel free to add your own :D
Pretty much. Gay lolis are always nice though