Do your characters need therapy?

Does your Mc need therapy? Would they ever go?

• My MC doesn't need therapy but idk lol

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bobple

NO....... yes.....

BUT It's not my fault the characters (Support cast for one story, and the MCs for another) breakdown in tears from emotional pain!

I DIDN'T MEAN FOR THAT TO HAPPEN

IT JUST...

DID...

But yeah, umm yes. Would they do to therapy or not? Umm for the supporting cast of Witch, maybe? Kind of hard to, some have some dangerous information, but others should straight up gone to therapy and everything would have been fine.

Other story? A good maybe.

SsemouyOnan

Scientific Witchery
My MCs ARE the therapist.

And why, yes, they do need therapy. (Who's up to give therapy to a godlike machine entity and a human girl who should've died long ago but is too angry and focused on killing god to care?)

Stealthy_Enigma

(❀⁠≽ᆺ≼)⊃~~~~✧ ꧁Floofy Ninja!!!꧂
For my MC, it would be very hard/awkward to go to therapy, especially with all the secrets regarding the situation...

But at least she does have emotional support including a girlfriend, and a sister who happens to be a goddess.

˝/\__/\˝
(✿^ᆺ^)👍

TotallyHuman

he'd go to therapy only if the therapist had magic that interested him

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Not the MC, but another character gets a therapist who isn't a good fit and only does one session. I stole the idea from a story I heard from someone on Twitter. I've read a lot of stories about bad therapists from Facebook, too. If they impose their own values on you rather than listening to you and helping you find the right answers for you, that's a bad therapist.

I've had a good therapist, personally. I believe that most of them are good and only the bad ones get talked about.

Why do I read so many stories about bad therapists these days? I'm in various parenting support groups, parenting is hard work, and it often strains a marriage when one partner is burdened with most of the parenting and the other parent doesn't recognize the value of that work. A bad therapist will tell the default parent (usually mom) to stop breastfeeding to make things easier. A good therapist will ask the default parent about her goals and how her partner can support those goals.

ACertainPassingUser

It's harder to find MC in Scribble Hub/Royal Road/Webnovel/etc that doesn't need therapy, even if the story is slice of life or even smut.

Most MC were using over the top personality mask that hide their weakness and normal ness. Especially those with [LitRPG] tag, it means they're in need of therapist.

Just because they're happy conquering the world and Galaxy + smut everyday, doesn't mean they don't need therapy and help.

It's like saying that a rich grampa with 2 million dollars inside million dollar house would never feel sad and depressed from tragic event he went through.