Do you have the same problem?

• Yes

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters

doravg

106/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
kind of. But mostly about minor details that my readers catch, then I have to try and retcon somehow. the name of a character or town, a specific spell.

Occasionally a larger detail. I forgot that healing magic and potions exist my my world, and got called out on that a while ago. So now I have to try and figure out WHY a character that needed healing wouldn't have a healer or potion nearby.
Good luck! Maybe say that the healer asked for too much money? Make him out a villain or something.

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
More the second one where I never forget. Because I'll randomly have an eureka moment where I come with something for a story I haven't written on in years.

I do have moments where I completely blank out on writing something. Like I started a crossover between Mass Effect and Altered Carbon when Season 1 of AC aired. Completely forgot it existed until last year when I was going through folders to clear up space.

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
I can barely remember what the novels I wrote last year were about. The novels before that are a total mist. It is almost as if my brain has just about enough storage space to daydream, but as soon as the story is over, it empties all the information about the story, and welcomes the new story into full daydreaming mode.

It makes me feel like an imposter if I have to be honest.
If I try to I can remember them.

D

Deleted member 133647

I can barely remember what the novels I wrote last year were about. The novels before that are a total mist. It is almost as if my brain has just about enough storage space to daydream, but as soon as the story is over, it empties all the information about the story, and welcomes the new story into full daydreaming mode.

It makes me feel like an imposter if I have to be honest.
lets uhh...check in with the doctor, yeah?

melchi

What is a custom title?
I haven't written enough to have completed any stories. I keep thinking, hmm I should do this thing here for that one after I get to this point but don't actually put stuff down on paper enough to get where my brainstorming leads me.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I can barely remember what I had for lunch yesterday.

You forgetting stories you most likely completed last year is a perfectly normal mechanism of your brain to reserve the brainpower for present things.

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
Good luck! Maybe say that the healer asked for too much money? Make him out a villain or something.
I was thinking on making it that while "innate magic" is common, "Caster magic" is incredibly difficult and rare. Also possibly adding something that some wounds must be seen to be healed (due to dirt or clothing getting "stitched" into it), or that healing magic only has a range of "touch", rather than a range effective for use in battle.

doravg

106/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
I haven't written enough to have completed any stories. I keep thinking, hmm I should do this thing here for that one after I get to this point but don't actually put stuff down on paper enough to get where my brainstorming leads me.
You can do it! Just keep trying!

lilwriter

It depends on the situation.
I’m lucky if I can remember my age and my name.
lets uhh...check in with the doctor, yeah?
Nahhh it’s probably fine. This is normal for people with trauma, so if you can’t remember your childhood, just accept that you probably don’t want to and live your life in a beautiful haze lmao

Voidiris

Nahhh it’s probably fine. This is normal for people with trauma, so if you can’t remember your childhood, just accept that you probably don’t want to and live your life in a beautiful haze lmao
Good that I only had many nearly traumatizing events but there is nothing lost if you can't remember your childhood.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•

Good that I only had many nearly traumatizing events but there is nothing lost if you can't remember your childhood.
You all make me question if I had a traumatic childhood, when in fact, I'm just a dumb cookie with a head full of daydreams.

crbrearley

Hm...

Well, sort of? I've written eight--now nine--books. I was going over the last bit of story that I wrote, some 30k words, and I said, "Say, I like this. I wonder how it ends?" But I realized I didn't remember the four other books that preceeded it, so how could I write on without reading those and editing them for consistency? I mean, I wrote them over decades and my thinking changes a lot on the series. So, I went back and read and edited them and when I was done, I wrote a ninth book... In the middle. I still haven't finished my fragment novel.

Then I went back and did my first series and realized I better work on it too, so four more book editing sessions. I'm really tired of editing and am looking for excuses to stop.

Sorry, my point: Yes, I forgot stuff. A lot of stuff. I found I had solved lots of problems I thought I still had to solve. I found a really neat and important fantasy bit that had completely slipped my mind.

But worst of all, I discovered after editing book one of series and making massive changes, all the changes I wanted to make where well-explained in book three of the series and I didn't have to edit a damn thing in book one. I should have just read, not edited, the series first and seen what the hell I was doing.

Voidiris

You all make me question if I had a traumatic childhood, when in fact, I'm just a dumb cookie with a head full of daydreams.
Well most would laugh at me for my traumas because they seem absolutely harmless to others, I think because it's quite hard to think about them.