'don't save'

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
I bet this never happened to Charles Dickens. I mean, it's a bit harder to trip and fall into the fire with an armful of paper than it is to smack the 'don't save' button WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO SAVE IT, why is it even an option?! That's what 'cut' is for?!

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
Write a sentence, hit ctrl+s, write a sentence, etc. I've gotten into that habit due to losing a ton of stuff from power outages and the like. But also, google docs is great, I don't need to put my stuff on a USB to swap computers anymore.

Varstark

Look on the bright side. Now you can rewrite it by just remembering the important parts.

Actual writing method by the way.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
Watch it have been notepad
nope was Word ACTUALLY :LOL:
There's a feature in Word that allows you to recover unsaved files. Have you tried that, or are you beyond fucked?
I tried looking for something like that but couldn't find owt. In the end I did what others suggested and re-wrote but betterer. In my defence I was tired and eager to log off. WILL not happen again

also does anyone know what's up with the 'backup of backup of...' files??

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
how does that help?? PS: I don't own mac so I am genuinely curious.
Almost constant upload to cloud is enabled so even if you don't save it'll save automatically. Also, it has the undo command that pretty much goes back several cloud saves.