Don't you love it when

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
Don't you love it when people thinks that 't- try writing a novel to see how good it is before reviewing!' is a valid excuse to invalidate every other negative reviews. Mate, not every movie critics are actors or directors, and they don't need to be. And novels reviewers are the same. We don't need to have experiences writing novels to know if one is bad.
1667870657114.png

Last edited:

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
Don't you love it when people thinks that 't- try writing a novel to see how good it is before reviewing!' is a valid excuse to invalidate every other negative reviews. Mate, not every movie critics are actors or directors, and they don't need to be. And novels reviewers are the same. We don't need to have experiences writing novels to know if one is bad.
View attachment 16026
that same excuse you will find literally every where and its so retarded. If a doctor fucked up and killed a patient in a surgery with 100% chance of success, I wouldn't need to be a doctor to know he sucks

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
Now I'm interested, what novel is this? I want to read the reviews.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
"The writing style is pleasing to the ears."
...Sorry, but I can't let that go. You can't hear written words...
We have this thing called tts nowadays. I listen to written words on a daily basis.

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
Just kill your critics. They're clearly incompetent, they're bitching about my work instead of being productive themselves. Might as well savw the oxygen.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Imo there is a certain level of condescending attitude that warrants similar responses, but this author's plenty condescending on their own from what I remember.

Jemini

I'm an author who's series is doing well, and let me tell you from experience, being an author does not stop these people from complaining about your reviews. I can have 4X someone's readership and a full point up on them in terms of star rating, and they will still complain that I don't know what I'm talking about.

(The best was the guy who sent me a PM me telling me to change my rating when I pointed out how inconsistent it was to directly contradict things you'd said in the earlier in the same chapter and how off-putting it was to try to sell a blatant abuser as a love interest, and then blocked me when I wouldn't change it. Guess what. I did change it after he blocked me. I lowered my 2 star rating to a 1 star.)

Last edited:

_oinkchan

View attachment 16026
Indeed, yet the truth is that movie critics are professionals, or at least usually. They judge a movie without bias and observe every single detail. I do not believe that reviewers on sh or others on different novel sites are like that and many aspects such as culture of the site is taken into being. For example- Sh loves futa, yuri while wn hates all that. Write anti futa here, you will get 1 star and write the same on wn, you will get 5 star. Reviews like these are often needed especially when only negative fill an author's page, it is the only hope that keeps them going and strive to improve. Once they reach a certain level, they can peer out their mistakes with a single gaze.

StrongArm

Indeed, yet the truth is that movie critics are professionals, or at least usually. They judge a movie without bias and observe every single detail. I do not believe that reviewers on sh or others on different novel sites are like that and many aspects such as culture of the site is taken into being. For example- Sh loves futa, yuri while wn hates all that. Write anti futa here, you will get 1 star and write the same on wn, you will get 5 star. Reviews like these are often needed especially when only negative fill an author's page, it is the only hope that keeps them going and strive to improve. Once they reach a certain level, they can peer out their mistakes with a single gaze.
nah, Ima have to disagree with that movie critic thing.
Movie critics are pretentious, bitter bastards who are completely out of touch with normal people. They are angry that their own film career never took off and as an act of revenge, they give nasty reviews on every movie I love.

Critics gave poor reviews on The Godfather 2, Titanic, Forrest Gump, Lawrence of Arabia, Gladiator, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Psycho, Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing, The Shining, Office Space & STAR WARS.

Fuck movie critics, they wouldnt know a good film if it cock-slapped them in the face!!! haha

D

Deleted member 54065

It's like, "become a criminal first, before passing judgment".

Well, since 2019, I've received many kinds of feedback. Some are helpful, a few are insulting, and most are not even helpful. Since I know what I should do with my story, I just pick the feedback I need--even those which are negative, as long as it serves to improve my work.

As for doing reviews, I only give a low rating after I identified the problems and notified the author about it, yet they didn't change anything. But that's just 'author' in me, which is always open for second chances.

OP1000

View attachment 16026
I agree. I personally believe that being a long-time reader is more than enough qualification for writing a review.