Dress-up Games survey

Michuyu

Hi! I'm not sure if this is the place, but I have a school assignment where I have to think about a personal project. So, I was wondering if anyone can take this survey I made! Please only take it once, and even if you are not into Dress-up games or anything else asked about in the survey, please fill it out anyway so that I can have a better idea of how many people like or dislike what I ask about! Thank you all so much!

Here's the link: https://forms.gle/BFDkyZ6BWmaibSSz6

I hope everyone has a great day! <3

Michuyu

war flashbacks to love nikki
xD Haha I loved that game! That's also a good example of what I mean by dress up games. A lot of people weren't sure >.<
Also that was the simplest, quickest, most straightforward survey. (y)
Thank you. I tried to make it quick and simple so people won't be too trouble ^^ I'm assuming you took the survey, so thank you so much for doing that!

SallyPoppet

xD Haha I loved that game! That's also a good example of what I mean by dress up games. A lot of people weren't sure >.<

Thank you. I tried to make it quick and simple so people won't be too trouble ^^ I'm assuming you took the survey, so thank you so much for doing that!
Oh my goodness, I was so addicted to that game that it was fully a problem. lol, I had to delete it off my phone and quit cold turkey!

And no problem! :D

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Ironically enough, the best dress up game I've played was the clothing customisations of GTA Online. They don't allow you to change colours or hues but the clothing options are so well-designed and suited with one another that you're simply spoiled for choice even if you're not given any.

That's what most dress-up games lack, I think. So much of it is HAVE CLOTHES, CHANGE COLOURS, WOWIE but they never considered how one would fit another, or how they'd clash with the aesthetics of everything else overall. In GTA, you could dress up as a fucken Martian or a Monkey Mascot and still convince others that you belong in that game, due to the textures and how well they fit the more vibrant colour schemes of Los Santos. Admittedly, there are outliers (Hoodie sections are fucken full of them) but overall I had a blast making OC costumes out of it.

Anyway that's just a little something I wanted to point out. I've done the survey.

Michuyu

Ironically enough, the best dress up game I've played was the clothing customisations of GTA Online. They don't allow you to change colours or hues but the clothing options are so well-designed and suited with one another that you're simply spoiled for choice even if you're not given any.

That's what most dress-up games lack, I think. So much of it is HAVE CLOTHES, CHANGE COLOURS, WOWIE but they never considered how one would fit another, or how they'd clash with the aesthetics of everything else overall. In GTA, you could dress up as a fucken Martian or a Monkey Mascot and still convince others that you belong in that game, due to the textures and how well they fit the more vibrant colour schemes of Los Santos. Admittedly, there are outliers (Hoodie sections are fucken full of them) but overall I had a blast making OC costumes out of it.

Anyway that's just a little something I wanted to point out. I've done the survey.
that's interesting! Definitely something I should keep in mind ^^ Thank you! and Thank you for taking the survey! <3

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
I think the second question is pretty interesting! It's a "yes, but not always", like I wouldn't want it to become the new norm, just, like, an option you're not forced into. A chat box next to a character creator, on picrew, in the sims, etc...

Michuyu

I think the second question is pretty interesting! It's a "yes, but not always", like I wouldn't want it to become the new norm, just, like, an option you're not forced into. A chat box next to a character creator, on picrew, in the sims, etc...
That's something I was thinking about! ^^ Thank you so much for your insight and for taking the survey!!

namio

When you said "dress-up games", I legit thought you were referring to the Flash games type. Then I saw you mention Gaia Online and just went "...Ah, shit."
(I tried getting back to Gaia in 2019 because I really really missed avatar-based forums. I have NO idea what the heck is going on there anymore; what are all these community items that while great are also blatant cosplays edging really close to rip-offs...)

Agreed with someone up above, though. If it's something like a "just dress-up game but with chatbox", frankly I'd be out in 0.003 seconds, because it reminds me too much of kids' games sites where there'd be a chatbox and probably a creepy 20 years old trying to chat it up with 12 years olds. If the dress-up aspect is separate, like just part of customization to individualize in a community, however, that's a different story.

Anyway, done!

Michuyu

When you said "dress-up games", I legit thought you were referring to the Flash games type. Then I saw you mention Gaia Online and just went "...Ah, shit."
(I tried getting back to Gaia in 2019 because I really really missed avatar-based forums. I have NO idea what the heck is going on there anymore; what are all these community items that while great are also blatant cosplays edging really close to rip-offs...)

Agreed with someone up above, though. If it's something like a "just dress-up game but with chatbox", frankly I'd be out in 0.003 seconds, because it reminds me too much of kids' games sites where there'd be a chatbox and probably a creepy 20 years old trying to chat it up with 12 years olds. If the dress-up aspect is separate, like just part of customization to individualize in a community, however, that's a different story.

Anyway, done!
Thank you for your insight! ^^ tbh the idea I have in mind is more community based, but I wanted to know if dressing up/ customizing an avatar would be a common interest. :3 thank you for taking the survey as well!!