*Dropped reader

Tbh, I'm just gonna rant haha What kind of sick people are these guys, I saw this guy put my Novel on their Dropped* and yet they still read it everytime I post a new chapter? Like mann just leave ur not welcome, maybe im acting childish but like there's 5 of them and I constantly monitor them actually. [Like some weirdo] the other guy even got the guts to comment after putting it on his dropped list.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
yeah but the drop also tells other readers "hey this work is bad"

so it's at the very least impolite?

Have you considered maybe they misconfigured their reading list as "Dropped" when its not?

(I am fortunate in that i dont have to play those sorts of games yet, or possibly ever)

I mean, dropped or nor, at least they are reading
I suppose u have a point, but that defeats the purpose of putting it on dropped!! if their still reading it!( ok ty for letting me vent) merci mon homme.

Have you considered maybe they misconfigured their reading list as "Dropped" when its not?

(I am fortunate in that i dont have to play those sorts of games yet, or possibly ever)
Right right!! U get me! u get me! 😭🤣🤣😂 If ever they did misconfigured i still wont forgive them making me look at a purple dot that screams hey just look at this guy. i just hate looking at purple dots for some reason i do get motivation to write from them but still makes me pissed off.

Oh yes pls dont play that game 🗣️

Last edited:

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
I personally don't care that much, I just write my story for myself for the most part.

HellerFeed

How do you check which readers have dropped?
I can see the stats of dropped number of readers but it doesn't show which reader actually dropped. How do I know this?

D

Deleted member 54065

I'd say, in writing, you'll meet lots of kinds of readers...most lean on the 'weird' side.

Like, putting a tag, a warning on the synopsis and even a note on the chapter, and they'd still find the gall to whine about that thing they didn't like in the story that can be avoided if they just read those aforementioned parts. (Mostly a comprehension and attention issue.)

Or complain about lack of diversity in stories of a particular genre, then shoot down those who try to diverge from the common tropes.

Any case, though it can affect your potential reader count, best course of action is to ignore these readers. Getting into a fight with them would reflect bad on you. Just weather the shitstorm and you'll get used to it.

Kenjona

IDK, was that me? I just started experimenting with a dropped list. I thought of using it as a way to avoid having stuff pop up on the front page, but it did not work. Idea being if I read something but end up not liking it and do not want to see it again I could avoid seeing it by placing it in the dropped list. Works when I use the search function, but not for the normal list. Either way that list is empty now. LOL

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Lol, readers reading for free and complaining is the funniest thing. Some readers threaten to drop reading because I made NTR things happen.

I think criticism can affect you while you’re writing, but some authors are able to get skin thick enough to ignore it.

IDK, was that me? I just started experimenting with a dropped list. I thought of using it as a way to avoid having stuff pop up on the front page, but it did not work. Idea being if I read something but end up not liking it and do not want to see it again I could avoid seeing it by placing it in the dropped list. Works when I use the search function, but not for the normal list. Either way that list is empty now. LOL
Must have been hell to be in that list because i could say seeing a purple circle actives my monkey senses, the purple circle are really irritating for no reason prolly just because it said dropped but maybe its just me being dramatic.

Noldere

Tbh, I'm just gonna rant haha What kind of sick people are these guys, I saw this guy put my Novel on their Dropped* and yet they still read it everytime I post a new chapter? Like mann just leave ur not welcome, maybe im acting childish but like there's 5 of them and I constantly monitor them actually. [Like some weirdo] the other guy even got the guts to comment after putting it on his dropped list.
Outside of trolling, dropped yet still reading implies that either the reader is on the fence (there's enough good/interesting elements present that the reader feels compelled to keep going, but the rest is bad enough that they felt compelled to warn others away)... or the story is a trainwreck (a really terrible thing that can't help but experience).
Lol, readers reading for free and complaining is the funniest thing. Some readers threaten to drop reading because I made NTR things happen.

I think criticism can affect you while you’re writing, but some authors are able to get skin thick enough to ignore it.
Time isn't nothing, and having it be wasted is complaint-worthy

They cant always get the way they want these readers tsk tsk, if ntr were to happen irl its unavoidable why? Certain things are just unpredictable. One day u think she loves you yet another day she loves another man.
Outside of trolling, dropped yet still reading implies that either the reader is on the fence (there's enough good/interesting elements present that the reader feels compelled to keep going, but the rest is bad enough that they felt compelled to warn others away)... or the story is a trainwreck (a really terrible thing that can't help but experience).

Time isn't nothing, and having it be wasted is complaint-worthy
i do be having elements fr that isekais dont have ( childhood friend potential early win and academy troupe enjoyers) but yeah i still hate the purple circle.