Evil MC

Erivva

I’m not talking about that MC who pretends to be evil but is actually good. Not that type. I mean real, blood thirsty, ruthless MC, not a person who is cold to their enemies and nice to there friends, drop that. The voluntary schemer of the story, and the one who enjoys the suffering of others. May it be revenge or your being pure evil it’s up to you.

I don’t really know if it should be written in a novel or a short story of a 1000 or more words.

NitroxDarks

To me, a truly evil character is one that if let's say, provoked, trapped, played with- will act without restraint depending on the character of the MC. One that does not go with the norms, rules and follows his/her own. Not a disgustingly coward and gutless MC. There is God and Devil World where MC is just a high-schooler who starts at killing zombies while helping his friends avoid incoming death, he however, gives him a choice to follow him or the girl he likes to which he chooses MC, they maintained that relationship as good as possible until MC started moving around non-stop. And from being a simple survivor to a tyrant dictator who would execute any civilians forced upon war, even if they were of his own cities or armies that had been kidnapped and then forced. They were all blasted to death. Still, he treats women as payment for his soldiers (1-3 each), and if a woman doesn't submit to him, he very easily ignores completely. THAT is evil. Not the WMW where in which there is thing like simply not fighting here, not doing this because is risky and bla bla bla, while doing 'evil' things like torturing and imposing into the weak, that's just scummy, a dishonest and despised MC, not 'evil'..

Erivva

To me, a truly evil character is one that if let's say, provoked, trapped, played with- will act without restraint depending on the character of the MC. One that does not go with the norms, rules and follows his/her own. Not a disgustingly coward and gutless MC. There is God and Devil World where MC is just a high-schooler who starts at killing zombies while helping his friends avoid incoming death, he however, gives him a choice to follow him or the girl he likes to which he chooses MC, they maintained that relationship as good as possible until MC started moving around non-stop. And from being a simple survivor to a tyrant dictator who would execute any civilians forced upon war, even if they were of his own cities or armies that had been kidnapped and then forced. They were all blasted to death. Still, he treats women as payment for his soldiers (1-3 each), and if a woman doesn't submit to him, he very easily ignores completely. THAT is evil. Not the WMW where in which there is thing like simply not fighting here, not doing this because is risky and bla bla bla, while doing 'evil' things like torturing and imposing into the weak, that's just scummy, a dishonest and despised MC, not 'evil'..
Hmmm okay, then what’s truly evil

NoraNali

What does it mean to be "evil"? When you look at a dictator, from the point of view of his oppressed people he would seem evil, but to his closest circles he won't appear evil, since he is doing things that benifit them and therefore he is not evil, that is how even the worse dictators of history came to power, he doesn't need to please everyone just the right people. Therfore to creat someone truly evil it had to be someone who only ever acts in his own intrest and never, NEVER act in others. But even then it there is still the possiblity of others liking what is done, but as long as the MC doesn't do it for them it should still work.

In my own story "Reincarnated as the monster of all monsters" that's exactly what I'm trying to protrate, the MC only acts in her own intrests never in others, she isn't alone in this, but it is stated on multipule ocasions that she doesn't see them as friends or the like, not even as people so to speak, she sees them as pets and nothing more.

There is, in my personal opinon, no way anything can truly be purely evil, there will always be some people out there defending others for their crimes even if 99% of people think otherwise, but we can come close. Torture and killing with no regard to life ever, it doesn't matter if its a child or a man, what race or what other people think, all that matters is that the MC wants to do these things for no other reason then his/her enjoyment.

"Some men just want to watch the world burn." Is a sentence one should have in mind if you are trying to write a character, that as many people as possible would consider truly evil.

SailusGebel

Oh no, you lot summoned Ai-chan! Soon she will appear here and reprimand you for using writing prompts incorrectly.

Erivva

What does it mean to be "evil"? When you look at a dictator, from the point of view of his oppressed people he would seem evil, but to his closest circles he won't appear evil, since he is doing things that benifit them and therefore he is not evil, that is how even the worse dictators of history came to power, he doesn't need to please everyone just the right people. Therfore to creat someone truly evil it had to be someone who only ever acts in his own intrest and never, NEVER act in others. But even then it there is still the possiblity of others liking what is done, but as long as the MC doesn't do it for them it should still work.

In my own story "Reincarnated as the monster of all monsters" that's exactly what I'm trying to protrate, the MC only acts in her own intrests never in others, she isn't alone in this, but it is stated on multipule ocasions that she doesn't see them as friends or the like, not even as people so to speak, she sees them as pets and nothing more.

There is, in my personal opinon, no way anything can truly be purely evil, there will always be some people out there defending others for their crimes even if 99% of people think otherwise, but we can come close. Torture and killing with no regard to life ever, it doesn't matter if its a child or a man, what race or what other people think, all that matters is that the MC wants to do these things for no other reason then his/her enjoyment.

"Some men just want to watch the world burn." Is a sentence one should have in mind if you are trying to write a character, that as many people as possible would consider truly evil.
Ohhh, thank you for enlighten me. I’m actually writing an evil MC novel and I though she being a psychopath and selfish person was enough for her to be evil.
Oh no, you lot summoned Ai-chan! Soon she will appear here and reprimand you for using writing prompts incorrectly.
Lol

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
A truly evil character is anyone who is so self-absorbed that they would willingly put the innocent in danger just to increase their own benefit no matter the situation. If a person is truly evil they will never consider the effect their actions have on other people and do what they want without compassion, empathy, or consideration for any other person. A person would have to be completely self-centered to be truly evil. This is very hard to pull off as no real person is ever truly evil or truly good. We all have issues so a truly evil or truly good MC does not make any sense and never will. It's just too dumb a concept to be utilized properly in any realistic way.

Erivva

A truly evil character is anyone who is so self-absorbed that they would willingly put the innocent in danger just to increase their own benefit no matter the situation. If a person is truly evil they will never consider the effect their actions have on other people and do what they want without compassion, empathy, or consideration for any other person. A person would have to be completely self-centered to be truly evil. This is very hard to pull off as no real person is ever truly evil or truly good. We all have issues so a truly evil or truly good MC does not make any sense and never will. It's just too dumb a concept to be utilized properly in any realistic way.
Ohhhh, thanks for the info

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Ohhh, thank you for enlighten me. I’m actually writing an evil MC novel and I though she being a psychopath and selfish person was enough for her to be evil.

Lol
Read the pinned thread please. It's the single thread that is always at the top. Discussions should go to discussions sections. Writing prompt is not a 'slower anything goes section'. If this was not your intention, inform those who replied that it wasn't what you requested.

NitroxDarks

There is no such thing as 'truly evil' or 'truly good'. It's either good, neutral or evil; if we are using blatant words. Disney doesn't rule the world -yet- villains or 'the bad guys' don't have to follow the same rules as theirs do. Let's say when a MC captures people and experiments on them, dead or alvie- that's quite the evil thing to do as a civilized and your own race; even if it's done towards criminal or people that tried to kill the MC. If he instead did nothing and instead recruited them or let them go, that'd be just neutral- but if the MC's intention was to draw in more people to have more experimental subjects, now THAT does seem evil without restraint. If the MC did it on any person, civilian of any status and so on... that's just scummy and unnecessary, as I've said, this isn't Disney for non-good guys to have no brains and a sob story to be evil.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Read the pinned thread please. It's the single thread that is always at the top. Discussions should go to discussions sections. Writing prompt is not a 'slower anything goes section'. If this was not your intention, inform those who replied that it wasn't what you requested.
I think they were actually asking what needs to be done to perceive an MC as evil.

The easiest way to make your MC seem evil is to show their cruelty and disregard for life and rules in either their own POV or in a POV of someone showing the aftermath. If your MC is a mass murder on the run, show the victims from a cops POV or explain how great it felt for your killer to massacre them

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
I think they were actually asking what needs to be done to perceive an MC as evil.

The easiest way to make your MC seem evil is to show their cruelty and disregard for life and rules in either their own POV or in a POV of someone showing the aftermath. If your MC is a mass murder on the run, show the victims from a cops POV or explain how great it felt for your killer to massacre them
Ai-chan posted that to inform the OP that Writing Prompt section was not where this thread should posted on. This thread was moved here from Writing Prompt.

Erivva

Ai-chan posted that to inform the OP that Writing Prompt section was not where this thread should posted on. This thread was moved here from Writing Prompt.
Sorry I actually meant for it to be a writing prompt