Eye contact

How do you feel about eye contact?

• Maintaining eye contact is essential to communicating with strangers and making friends.

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Eye contact is not so important.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Maintaining eye contact is easy and natural.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Making eye contact feels deeply uncomfortable to me.

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
You guys confuse me. Who in the hell gets upset over eye contact!!?? Can't comprehend it. You guys wouldn't do well in face-to-face job interviews. Good thing they are almost phased out by online entries. I thought some of you were screwing around at first XD. Eye-to-eye contact is the only respectable way to hold a conversation, or it used to be anyway. What a world. I feel old and yet I'm not when reading this thread.

Learn something new every day.

Last edited:

SternenklarenRitter

Eye contact is how my pet knows the moment they see me to start begging with puppy eyes
Did you know that dogs can use two extra muscled in each eyebrow compared to wolves? In wolves, one of those is vestigial and not connected to enough nerves or ligaments to function while the other simply is not there. These extra muscles have evolved in dogs specifically to make puppy eyes at you.

D

Deleted member 57675

Did you know that dogs can use two extra muscled in each eyebrow compared to wolves? In wolves, one of those is vestigial and not connected to enough nerves or ligaments to function while the other simply is not there. These extra muscles have evolved in dogs specifically to make puppy eyes at you.
The thing is, my pet is not a dog. Its a reptile.

peelsdeeni

The Unoriginal Disappointment
I can't maintain eye contact for the life of me. Growing up, my parents would look at me in the eyes whenever I'm in trouble so I don't really like eye contact for various reasons.

I learned that if you don't want to make eye contact, look in between their eyebrows. It looks like you're making eye contact, but you're not. This has saved me from multiple anxiety attacks.