Favorite overused tropes

SailusGebel

why not both?

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Revenge. I particularly like revenge relating to love. Like it when a character seemingly comes back from the dead for revenge having completely reinvented their character and grown stronger. One of the reasons I’ve been raving so much about the Count of Monte Cristo recently.

Pixytokisaki14

Half Kitsune Half Succubus
They are overused for a reason! What are your favorite overused tropes and if possible why? Personally I like systems if its not just the protag that gets it because it lets us keep track of what exactly each character can do and some of my favorite novels make good use of the idea of the origin of the system and figuring out its true purpose and stuff. Additionally, I like academies because it gives a good place for the mc to interact with a bunch of people and its easy to put info dumps without breaking the immersion.
Yuri

lilwriter

I love when the Isekai FL dies in a stupid way so that she can wake up in the fantasy world. Like the FL who drank water after being awake for 3 days and it shocked her system, so she died. Or the FL who drank expired juice and then died lmao

Gets me everytime.

beast_regards

On the Scribble Hub?
We have quite a lot of "Trapped in the Another World" or "Reincarnate in Another World".
Those are isekai tropes, after all.
There are quite a few tropes for the default protagonist too.

Sakkan

Academy plot, power of friendship, overpower protagonist and inner demon. yes it all sums up my novel

greyliliy

Portal Fantasy/Isekai. Been a fan since The Wizard of Oz. Lol.

I'm also a sucker for Borderline Yandere holds Love Interest Captive. Gilded Cage dark romance for the win~