Favorite quotes from your own works

MisterEnigmatic

Not really quotes, but I love these two (Akane isn't related to him, by the way):

"Ugh! Daisuke-nii!"

"What is it?"

"I need help! I'm stuck!", Akane exclaims.

Surely, this broad is trolling.

Then there's:

I'm starting to wonder if I'm attracted to yanderes, or if they're attracted to me.

DubstheDuke

"To have control over a person is not to take everything they have, but to leave them with just enough so that you still have something left to take away."

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
Silently, we walked through long grass and tall weeds that poked out through the degraded railroad’s ballast. The road's wooden ties were rotten and ruined. The rusted rail marked our path. The old symbol of progress and modernity reclaimed by nature, nothing more than a fading scar.

Bobple

Hmmmm... I don't really have any favourite quotes. I think my only good ones are just okay. I guess some slightly funny ones are. I'll probably have better ones in both my stories, but here are some.

From Triiffic on top of my head.
- “You’re my tenth favourite religious person.”

- Then an arm was raised high, “I told you!” A dying voice called out, “She wouldn’t have your awful, below average, basically non-existent sense of humour.” George groaned before his arm flopped back onto the grass.

Or I guess any of the characters having a small breakdown. They were fun moments...
“STOP!” She yelled heartbroken, “For a moment… in that instant, I thought it was okay to kill you… so that I moved on… so that I could still get justice for Rosa…”

----
“EVERYTHING I HAD TO DEAL WITH…. The failures, the disappointment… the troubles… the risks… ALL OF IT WAS BECAUSE OF ME. I mean? It was already because of me! But now it is just doubly because of me! I had a second attribute?! And I was too inept to find it! OF COURSE I WAS. ONCE AGAIN…I… I bloody well hell deserved my death! Now I get to act as a plague on life again! FUCKING HELL! Why HOW. EVERYTHING I DID WRONG!”

---
“I may have been a failure, a disappointment, cost them way too much money, a stain that could never be erased, but they deserved all the love, and they were mine…”

“And I… left them behind.”
---
“It’s my fault, my fault…” He mumbled, his skin a sickly pale. I tried lifting his head up and I saw his shaking crazed eyes constantly trying to look away.

Note to self... Why do I have so many of these... (I was going to add more, but I think 4 is enough...)

Last edited:

LitrpgBird

From my drafts:
"Oh, you know what happened to her? I've been looking for a while."
"I ate her."
"SHE WAS MY SISTER!..."

HungrySheep

I like yuri
"Once, there had been only a single place where Medrauta could let her tears fall freely.

But now there were two."

I think that one's been my favorite. It's not deep or profound, but it gave the volume a full-circle ending that rewarded early readers of the series. It was satisfying.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Because it's the side character's story, the main genre was Action-Adventure
They always say it’s the side character’s story…
And then the POV starts popping up more and more…
And then the smut chapters start appearing in the main POV…
And then your commenters start saying that this needs to be tagged smut…
Totally smut.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
One of the future villan characters said.

"You can't stop greed and progress doctor. It's fuels our very existence"
Sipping tea basking in the moonlight and darkness of his office

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
"Do you know why they call me The Dreadnought?" - Dreadnought

"Um...because you are big and strong?" - Newbie

"Nope. Second guess?" - Dreadnought

"Because...You...wrestle a drake into submission?" - Newbie

"Oh, close, but not quite. Last chance?" - Dreadnought

"I don't know. Why?" - Newbie

"Because I wasn't scared shitless when that damn overgrown lizard charged us! Gah-Hahahaha! Unlike a certain whiny, knife-ear bookworm!" - Dreadnought

"Hey, asshole! I can hear you, you muscle head!" - Dreadnought's party mate

"The Dreadnought dreads nothing! Haahahaha! Drink on me, sonny-boy! Congrats on your first quest! Bottom-up!" - Dreadnought

"Fucking hell...Barmaster, put that brainless bastard drinks on his own tab...I am not going to pay for that. Please..." -Dreadnought's party mate

Kamelingil

Head of Thicc Thighs Supremacy
They always say it’s the side character’s story…
And then the POV starts popping up more and more…
And then the smut chapters start appearing in the main POV…
And then your commenters start saying that this needs to be tagged smut…
Totally smut.
Just one chapter, and few chapters later, gory battle appeared

Major2501

'That job better be sooner than later 'cause I want that ship of yours outta my fucking bay.'

'In due time my sweet.' Frank said as he chugged down the rest of his beer, slamming the glass on the bar. 'Catch you losers later, I got a date tonight.'

'Bye. Hope you get hit by a bus.' Krieger shouted after him.

'Love you too Cas.'

From Into the Fray. 🙂

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
"Baal my Balls." ---Hyon Hyung from fanfic of The Novel's Extra: Extra Nobody
"Remember, the system would guide you, but in the end, it would be you who was choosing your own path. It would always be you who had to walk this path you had chosen. Never be led astray by the system for the system was not you. It was you who were the system." ---Fu Shi when he is preaching about the usage of the 'System' bestowed to his disciples. From the novel: How to Cultivate a Game.
"A good quest could only start with a good story!" ---By Fu Shi.

Last edited:

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
context: MC passed out after killing a mini-boss. his sword (magical, self-aware sword) pulled his soul into a shared meta-space that exists in their connection. MC sees nothing but white. he misunderstands and thinks it's his mind, then complains that there's nothing there.

sword says: "You're young! You shouldn't be surprised that there's nothing in your mind!"

and btw, the sword is a smartass.

Vainancholy

Ah, most of my favourite quotes aren’t findable on scribblehub yet. Lemme try and grab some of the better ones I can remember from the later chapters of 7th Sky.

Some of these are a little long to be considered quotes, being multiple lines and all that, but I hope they’ll still count.

Notably, some of these are low-key pretty big spoilers.

Grey World {2} Blood On Sacred Ground
So. What in the bloody hell took you so long? You know I pay for this room by the half hour, right? One and a half dedicated to waiting for tweedle dee and tweedle butt fucking stupid to show. So tell me... What were you even doing?”

(Neon) “Ah Goldring, seeing your face somehow made my headache worse. Hangovers are such a-“

(Goldring) “Answer me. Now.”

(Neon) “…Finding soda boy.” / (Fizzpop) “Hookers.”

Grey World {18} To Hell With Your Sofa
—Fuck you Neon. And fuck your sofa too.

Grey World {32} Pleasure In Misery
(Neon) “You’re still with me… Aren’t you, Jack?”

—Even though I’m so pitiful…
Because I know you can become wonderful.—

(Neon) “Let’s go.”

Grey World {34} With Solemnity, He Declared: “Never Want Again”
(Rigalt) “I will not permit you to speak ill of my belongings, of my collection I hold such pride in. For as of today, you belong to me. Hold your head high, boy, prove your worth and you will never ‘want’ again.”

TotallyHuman

ah, there is also this
As a great witch, I am pretty immune to bizarre and illogical occurences, yet how the awful bureucratic machine has managed to act so fast has struck even me dumb for a moment.

Comiak

Foxgirl enthusiast
From a thirty thousand year old dragon: "tyranny is not the exception, it's the rule"

And that's why she keeps her pets as a collection of decentralized villages. She knows that once cities are built rampant inequality will fester and tyrants will raise.