Feature Novel?

• Thread starter Deleted member 29316
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29316

Well, I was just thinking if we can implement having a 'Feature Novel' on the main site? Just a randomly picked novel from every genre every week, two weeks or month. I think it'd be cool.

But yeah, what's your opinion on this one?

CL

Well, I was just thinking if we can implement having a 'Feature Novel' on the main site? Just a randomly picked novel from every genre every week, two weeks or month. I think it'd be cool.

I believe I have seen this being implemented on NU, but that this is (or was) a rewarding token of exposure towards those who won contests here.

D

Deleted member 29316

I believe I have seen this being implemented on NU, but that this is (or was) a rewarding token of exposure towards those who won contests here.
Yeah, I agree. Though not only the contest winners; if possible, the novels that have small followings and completed novels too.

Reactions: CL

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

I agree with this as long as it's my novel.

Have I mentioned that I'm writing a novel?

Read my novel.

Read my novel.

Fromage

Peerless member
We need "Random Novel" first. Better port it from NU or riot.

Leti

Something like this? Upvoted.
Screenshot_2021-01-31-10-22-11-90.jpg

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
5/5. GOAT beastars fanfic :cool:
5/5.
IT'S NOT A BEASTARS FANFIC. I LITERALLY HAD THE IDEA BEFORE I EVEN KNEW BEASTARS WAS A THING. I ALREADY WROTE 3 CHAPTERS OF CANINSTINCT BEFORE I EVEN HEARD OF BEASTARS.

IT'S FUCKING CRAZY HOW MANY PARALLELS MY STORY DRAWS WITH BEASTARS DESPITE NEVER HAVING HEARD OF IT PRIOR.

I SWEAR WITH MY GORILLA BALLS AND GIRAFFE PENIS I'M NOT COPYING BEASTARS MAN I SWEAR

btw if you've read It, how was it?

D

Deleted member 29316

IT'S NOT A BEASTARS FANFIC. I LITERALLY HAD THE IDEA BEFORE I EVEN KNEW BEASTARS WAS A THING. I ALREADY WROTE 3 CHAPTERS OF CANINSTINCT BEFORE I EVEN HEARD OF BEASTARS.

IT'S FUCKING CRAZY HOW MANY PARALLELS MY STORY DRAWS WITH BEASTARS DESPITE NEVER HAVING HEARD OF IT PRIOR.

I SWEAR WITH MY GORILLA BALLS AND GIRAFFE PENIS I'M NOT COPYING BEASTARS MAN I SWEAR

btw if you've read It, how was it?
Don't worry...a lot of stories out there are also being thought of as a 'rip-off' of 'this anime, or manga' because well, the idea works. And honestly, there are only a few ideas left virtually undiscovered/untouched.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Don't worry...a lot of stories out there are also being thought of as a 'rip-off' of 'this anime, or manga' because well, the idea works. And honestly, there are only a few ideas left virtually undiscovered/untouched.
Nothing new under the sun as they say

Reisinling

Yeah It would be nice to have something to recommend novels in the ~500 readers range that are still active

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

Instead of every week, what about daily? And instead of every genre, just feature the top 10 (maybe top 20?) genres with most numerous stories. Having it daily means more stories can get features. After all, you won't spend a week to read a story, so there's no point in having the same title featured for the whole week.

You're probably wondering, what about the genres not part of the top 10? That wouldn't be much of a problem, since if you were to search for stories in the sports genre, you'd only get like 2 pages. It wouldn't take long to conclude what you want to read with the least popular genres.

But if you were to search for 'fantasy', that would be 178 pages. Good luck on having people flip beyond the first 5 pages.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.

Yeah. This would allow old novels to see light once again....