Fellas...

RootBeerBert

Was definitely popular growing up
Is it gay to start crushing on a girl only to then find out the girl is a guy but you didn’t know he was guy up to that point? Asking for a friend.

Lloyd

Funny Guy :)
Is it gay to start crushing on a girl only to then find out the girl is a guy but you didn’t know he was guy up to that point? Asking for a friend.
Both are gay.

Imagine saying the following,
"Oh honey, I love you. You're so beautiful queen. I can't stop thinking about you."
Absolutely gay as fuck. The only thing gayer than dating a woman though, is dating a man. In fact, I'd say it's double gay.

YOU ARE DOUBLE HOMOSEXUAL! STOP NOW!!!!!

TremendousHuman

Actual reason behind demographic problems
Having a life is so gaaaay. Crushing is totally homo too. Can't get gayer than that. Top gay moment right there. (what am I even talking about)

How do you even not realise whether a person is male or female (trans aside)? I have seen and known my fair share of androgynous people, but there are obvious biometrics that separate male humans from female ones. Pitch of the voice for example. I knew a guy who looked exactly like a girl unless he spoke, but his voice was, unmistakably, male. Did you crush on a kuudere?

FaustVoncleave

It depends on the reaction of said person on finding out. The simple route is if they no longer like the person, then the answer is no, they're not gay. They were attracted to someone they perceived as female, hence they're attracted to females and are as such not gay. Where things get interesting is if they're still interested in the person. They MIGHT be gay, but there's a plethora of other possibilities as well. They may be bisexuality. They may be the less known asexual, not attract sexually to any sex, but are still capable of romantic attraction and they really like the other person's personality(this one is even more complicated than it sounds as it's an umbrella term for a lot of things). There's a lot of labels that can be explored if it's the second answer, and they're not gonna know until they developed more crushes and figure out what they like. My advice to them is don't focus so much on what you are and just love freely, you'll figure out your taste given time.