First time writing smut harem

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I don't usually make threads like this. This isn't because of integrity; if I could show my dick on a Superbowl ad I would in a heartbeat. The reason I hold back is that I correlate advertisement threads like this to be personal milestones.

I won't do one unless I breach a certain word count or make something new.

For this one, it's both. I'll explain later.

The Problem Store
(Cover 1/Cover 2 respectively, not to be counted as Volume Covers)

1645207710976.jpg

Genres: Adult, Comedy, Smut, Drama, Harem, Romance, Fantasy

As much as my reputation precedes me in this forum, no, I don't main smut series. I write more serious, drama-oriented works before this. Even then, I'm still treating this as a side series for me to have fun whenever writing starts to suck for me. I gotta admit, I can see why people do this. Horny aside, this is fun. I'm trying out different story structures and comedic elements in this series, it's great. For once, writing doesn't feel like a necessary evil to have written chapters and- oh right, the story.

This series is about a guy named Guy.

There is no great premise in this; Guy simply meets women and fuck them. That's it. That's the premise. But since there's no big plot to adhere to, I can essentially do whatever I want. As long Guy fucks a girl every few chapters or so, I can set the story in a fight club for all I care.

For now, the synopsis of the story so far is this: Teenager Guy enters some backwater farm town from a bus without a passport or an ID. Nothing. He simply steps into school with a uniform and assimilates as a student to no one's awareness. He garners the attention of Sin, a local. She takes Guy into her residence since he's flat-out broke and has nowhere else to stay. Guy is suspicious and wonders why Sin trusts someone she just met to live under the same roof as her. While the described narrative goes in tandem, we also follow Guy and Sin three years later as they spend time in the city, sucking and fucking in hotel rooms, under diner tables, and in changing rooms.

before you start reading, I have to remind you that I mostly use this story to satisfy my desires beyond my primordial lust. you will find troupes that I like being contorted to fit my tastes. you will find some cliches here or there that is of my favourites. you will find outlandish world-building and fantastical elements that might sound crazy and not make sense at the start but I promise you will click or be of use in the future. for the most part, the story is dialogue-heavy and slower-paced, with mostly verbal interactions. it's not all slice-of-life, though. there IS A PLOT, but there's no urgency to get to the finish line. so it's a hit-or-miss, depending on why you read.

If you have any worries about moral complications in the story, let me make it succinct for you:

- though there are underaged characters, they do not fuck. flirt, yes, but no fucking. they only do so when they're of age. no 100-year-old dragon witch bullshit either.
- even though it's tagged romance, it's mostly casual sex. no deep "ilysomuch<3" relationships yet. just "hey I got a hole wanna plug it?" type deals for now. that's right, the heroines don't just fall in love willy nilly out of nowhere.
- no non-con stuff.
- there is violence presented in the r18 scenes, and they like it. which is worse is up to you.
- there are quote-unquote "furries" in this. yes, they will be heavily involved in the story soon.
- not in the story as of now, but there will be same-sex relations down the line. they aren't of main focus, since the story's written entirely in Guy's first-person perspective, but if you don't want to see gay shit, look away.
- there are religious related concepts, but not in the way you think. God exists in this series too, but not in the way you think. aside from the bare ideas of heaven and hell, it has next to no correlation with conventional nor ancient mythology. think of the average joe's understanding of the Christian heaven and hell and run with nothing but that.

this may be a shilling thread, but it is also a feedback thread. yes, I'm asking for reviews for this thing. though it's in its primitive state, I feel as if readers could have a decent grasp on how this story will go for now. for those who need more to read to give feedback, I've scheduled enough chapters to last past 50k words for the coming weeks. I'm not asking for in-depth analysis or critiques here; just some initial impressions. but if you want to do the former, feel free. want to tear into my shit and give it a beating. that too is approved. i am a big boy. i will only read your harsh words, gently weep under my blanket, and go back to normal next week.

if everything above isn't enough to get you reading, here's some illustrations I'll be using in the upcoming chapters that will definitely get you reading/closing this tab immediately:

There are past illustrations but I hesitate to show them. They were from last year, where I draw ketchup water tier shit. Don't look them up. They suck.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
That toilet picture . . . looks like the character is just hiding in the bathroom and not actually using the toilet.

BenJepheneT

Last edited:
this was a (surprisingly) pleasant read. I remember reading the draft you posted a while back and not being very fond of it. either you changed something or I'm a lot less cynical than before. anyways, what I liked the most about it was the characters. the smut was also better than I remember, but to be honest, I skimmed through it as I was more interested in the characters and their interactions. there were very few moments where I went 'huh', but otherwise I was carried along until chapter 2.3.
that flashback caught me off guard, and I was confused for a good chunk of it. there was no transition (or maybe I missed it), I'm not sure, but it broke my immersion nonetheless. there's also a noticeable drop in quality in 2.3. writing had been good thus far, but in that chapter, the dialogue in particular felt very, very clunky.
that's about it. I'll probably pick it up again, but I doubt it'd be any time soon. personally, I'm not a fan of the constant going back and forth, time-wise, and it does feel tedious.
a few more random thoughts: MC seems spastic at times, which I think is somewhat accurate as I believe this is pretty much your self-insert. there are some very corny lines, which again, are contributed to you. the story progression is quite slow (I haven't even seen the furry yet, which is disappointing), meaning you're unlikely to amass a large following even though this has popular tags.

BenJepheneT

this was a (surprisingly) pleasant read. I remember reading the draft you posted a while back and not being very fond of it. either you changed something or I'm a lot less cynical than before. anyways, what I liked the most about it was the characters. the smut was also better than I remember, but to be honest, I skimmed through it as I was more interested in the characters and their interactions.
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO

there were very few moments where I went 'huh', but otherwise I was carried along until chapter 2.3.
that flashback caught me off guard, and I was confused for a good chunk of it. there was no transition (or maybe I missed it), I'm not sure, but it broke my immersion nonetheless. there's also a noticeable drop in quality in 2.3. writing had been good thus far, but in that chapter, the dialogue in particular felt very, very clunky.
Is there any particular reason you can pin for this? For the most part, I feel like the dialogue here's just about on the level, if not a tad lower than the other chapters.

Does this drop in quality persist throughout the other chapters?

that's about it. I'll probably pick it up again, but I doubt it'd be any time soon. personally, I'm not a fan of the constant going back and forth, time-wise, and it does feel tedious.
It does feel like that, yes. I'm trying out some story structures I've read about and as I said in the author's note at the prologue, this is essentially my lab where I toss shit in and see what works and what doesn't. I'll refine the back-and-forth structure to be more engaging as I write along, but for now, thanks for the feedback.

MC seems spastic at times, which I think is somewhat accurate as I believe this is pretty much your self-insert.
I'mma need you to expand on that chief, whatchu mean spastic?

the story progression is quite slow (I haven't even seen the furry yet, which is disappointing), meaning you're unlikely to amass a large following even though this has popular tags.
I understand I'm shooting myself on the foot for the progression, so at this point I'm expecting no more than a quarter dozen staying readers rn, and that's being hopeful.

As for the furry, you're in luck; new chapter's coming tomorrow, and she's gonna be in it.

Is there any particular reason you can pin for this? For the most part, I feel like the dialogue here's just about on the level, if not a tad lower than the other chapters.

Does this drop in quality persist throughout the other chapters?
I don't think the drop of quality persists. and upon rereading, it might not be even as severe as I made it seem. I think a big part of it was just my confusion at the sudden flashback as I was trying to connect the dialogue to the previous chapter.
there this is, though, which feels a bit clunky:
“Wrong. It’s a woman’s cooking I’m having here. That’s a luxury most men don’t have. Remember that.”

“What,” Sin put down her bowl and walked back towards the kitchen, “A girl can’t cook?”

“Not when they got the men to do it.”

It does feel like that, yes. I'm trying out some story structures I've read about and as I said in the author's note at the prologue, this is essentially my lab where I toss shit in and see what works and what doesn't. I'll refine the back-and-forth structure to be more engaging as I write along, but for now, thanks for the feedback.
maybe add a small note to denote if it's a flashback? something like a "Before" at the start.

I'mma need you to expand on that chief, whatchu mean spastic?
nothing negative. just that the MC goes from literally talking down to God and dismissing him to saying shit like 'pussy juice'. and sometimes the prose reminds me of your shitposting, which makes sense(?)

I understand I'm shooting myself on the foot for the progression, so at this point I'm expecting no more than a quarter dozen staying readers rn, and that's being hopeful.

As for the furry, you're in luck; new chapter's coming tomorrow, and she's gonna be in it.
that's nice. I'd like to see how you'd approach that. might wait a while till more chapters are stockpiled though

BenJepheneT

I don't think the drop of quality persists. and upon rereading, it might not be even as severe as I made it seem. I think a big part of it was just my confusion at the sudden flashback as I was trying to connect the dialogue to the previous chapter.
there this is, though, which feels a bit clunky:
ah, i see. i'll look into that.

and as for the clunky dialogue, I think it's attributed more towards the world-building.

it's something Im trying out; dropping jarring, awkward dialogue like these as odd hints that precede a bigger reveal. and when readers reread it, they might pick up on these as they go along.

maybe add a small note to denote if it's a flashback? something like a "Before" at the start.
nah. one of the reasons i don't do that is because i find those immersion breaking. even when movies or tv shows do that, it's distracting and pulls me out of it. I rather know whether it's a flashback or a continuation through context clues. I'm still experimenting on how to make it work as easy to understand as possible, so I'll let time tell of my effort's worth.

nothing negative. just that the MC goes from literally talking down to God and dismissing him to saying shit like 'pussy juice'. and sometimes the prose reminds me of your shitposting, which makes sense(?)
for the God thing, that is ALSO world-building context. as for "pussy juice"-

yeah I've got no excuse for that. seemed like a good idea at the time.

that's nice. I'd like to see how you'd approach that. might wait a while till more chapters are stockpiled though
oh boy, come around mid-march; you'd be in for a treat