For authors with non-english as their first language

K_Jira

Have you ever write in your own language after writing in english for a long time? Does it feel strange or difficult to you?

Reyezwriting

When I tried to translate my own stuff, I realized that the English one was badly written, lol.

Macha

Not a Klutz
Have you ever write in your own language after writing in english for a long time? Does it feel strange or difficult to you?
Very difficult. Latin alphabet have no business being used in our writing system. We should have stick to hanzi. I blame the Catholics.

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
I'm not even fluent in my first language, so writing a story is a big no-no.

Just imagining me trying to write a simple situation but take ages to do so because of my limited vocabulary-

Amok

grblbrbl
Market too small for the type of stuff I wanna write compared to international comprehension of Albion's tongue, in the future when I have time I might play around esp. with poetry.

Aefener

I used to write in my first language but after I switched to English, I just can't do it anymore. For some reason, I express my ideas better in English whereas my Czech feels clumsy and not artistic enough. Also, I haven't read any novels in Czech for years and my employer is an international company so no Czech again. I tried to read a book in Czech recently but I found it slow and I had to focus more because of all those declensions, inflections and special characters in my native language. I guess I got lazy. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

HellerFeed

It feels so wrong to just imagine my writing in my first language.
It almost feels like making a hardcore sub watcher anime fan be forced to make them watch horrible English dub anime.

At least that's the feeling, I feel when I just try to translate my work...

Greyman

My native language rely too much on intonation.
"Aaah" can mean either:
-I know
-that's false
-I remember
-what?
-it hurt
That's why most of our litterary creation are mostly only for native.(or very fluent foreigner)
So hard to translate

Poleg

King of the birds and the fish.
Very difficult. Latin alphabet have no business being used in our writing system. We should have stick to hanzi. I blame the Catholics.
Catholics 1- Macha 0

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
I get annoyed when I write in my first language, because there are so many words/expressions that have no equivalent that I want to use.

I tried to write in my native language a while ago, but it's surprisingly harder than in English because every story I read is in English.
I suffered these exact things.

Amok

grblbrbl
How do you expect me to write about big tiddied onee sans in my native language without feeling the guilt of my ancestors frowning on me
i mean if my ancestors knew the things swirling around in my mind they would've invented the condom.

Greyman

i mean if my ancestors knew the things swirling around in my mind they would've invented the condom.
How do you find the courage to write those things if you believe that your ancestors are watching you?

Amok

grblbrbl
How do you find the courage to write those things if you believe that your ancestors are watching you?
they're long rotten away, consigned to the footnotes of history and the stomachs of worms.