Implemented For the sake of human civilisation, give the schedule publishing a "military" clock.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Pls, give us the option to organise scheduled chapters according to a 24-hour clock, and not AM and PM. It might be good for Americans, but for the rest of the world it is a pain in the arse, and a highly fustrating experience. It is not the first time my release misfired because of AM/PM complications.

1643112170613.png

Last edited:

Assurbanipal_II

There is a reason the military and originally the railways adopted the 24 hour lock. It is about efficiency and clarity. AM/PM systems are naturally error prone. In fact, even more so because we don't even have a localised clock for the rest of us. the system only knows American time.

Agentt

Thighs
There is a reason the military and originally the railways adopted the 24 hour lock. It is about efficiency and clarity. AM/PM systems are naturally error prone. In fact, even more so because we don't even have a localised clock for the rest of us. the system only knows American time.
....but you just have to add 12 to the number..

Assurbanipal_II

....but you just have to add 12 to the number..
Have you never heard about time zones? What if I am on the other side of the date line? You must subtract, and not add. And careful, the system doesn't know 00:00.

This is absurd, it is a system proven obsolete and detrimental, just give me my 24 hour clock.

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
Ummm....i mean...fine, but...honestly, that's like saying you don't like how people say their heights in centimetres, you would also like them to say it in metres
Yeah, nah. Metric system is superior

Agentt

Thighs
Have you never heard about time zones? What if I am on the other side of the date line? You must subtract, and not add. And careful, the system doesn't know 00:00.

This is absurd, it is a system proven obsolete and detrimental, just give me my 24 hour clock.
The problem with time zones should still remain?
Yeah, nah. Metric system is superior
Check again, I said centimetres and meters, both are metric units

Assurbanipal_II

The problem with time zones should still remain?

Check again, I said centimetres and meters, both are metric units
No if you work with UTC!!!

And that is the point, your comparison is wrong, this is not a matter of metric, you are more analogous to imperial than metric! You have a system where 12:59 is before 1:00! How absurd is that!

Agentt

Thighs
No if you work with UTC!!!

And that is the point, your comparison is wrong, this is not a matter of metric, you are more analogous to imperial than metric! You have a system where 12:59 is before 1:00! How absurd is that!
*pat pat pats*
I-I see. I must be just used to it then.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
It's really not too hard to switch between both systems... >.>

Like, sure, it would be convenient to be able to choose which one to use, but eh? It is really easy to switch back and forth between them.

AliceShiki

As usual, arguing for the American status quo and just deal with it.
Did you smoke something? How did you come to that conclusion?

I'm telling you the request is a bit too meaningless. I wouldn't mind it (I actually prefer 24h), but it's not really a problem in any way.

Like, sure, you may not be used to the system, but it's trivial to move back and forth between 12h and 24h, it's just a fixed 12h difference between 1pm and 13h. It's nothing as complicated as transitioning from meters to miles/feet/inches, or from kg to ounces or whatever.

Like, I assume this is kinda trivial to implement, so it probably wouldn't take that long for Tony to implement it if he wanted to, but... It's not like it's very worth his while either. Moving back and forth between both systems is trivial, after all.

Assurbanipal_II

Did you smoke something? How did you come to that conclusion?

I'm telling you the request is a bit too meaningless. I wouldn't mind it (I actually prefer 24h), but it's not really a problem in any way.

Like, sure, you may not be used to the system, but it's trivial to move back and forth between 12h and 24h, it's just a fixed 12h difference between 1pm and 13h. It's nothing as complicated as transitioning from meters to miles/feet/inches, or from kg to ounces or whatever.

Like, I assume this is kinda trivial to implement, so it probably wouldn't take that long for Tony to implement it if he wanted to, but... It's not like it's very worth his while either. Moving back and forth between both systems is trivial, after all.
Trivial? That is trivial? Because it is so so very difficult to implement a clock on which the UTC is based on. Like why conform to recognised international standards. Like why should you try to make things comfortable for everyone on an international site, when you can make things complicated.

As always, Shiki you prove your limited mentality and horizon.

AliceShiki

Trivial? That is trivial?
Yes. Absolutely.
Because it is so so very difficult to implement a clock on which the UTC is based on.
Seems like your reading comprehension is lacking, let me repeat myself for you.
Like, I assume this is kinda trivial to implement, so it probably wouldn't take that long for Tony to implement it if he wanted to, but... It's not like it's very worth his while either.
So yes, I don't think it is hard, I just don't think it is worth Tony's time either.
Like why conform to recognised international standards. Like why should you try to make things comfortable for everyone on an international site, when you can make things complicated.
Except it's not complicated? Complicated stuff are miles/feet/inches. AM/PM is stupidly simple. It's just a +/- 12h.

Didn't you ever use an analog clock? It's the same thing as the AM/PM system... Like, geez, how do you struggle with that?
As always, Shiki you prove your limited mentality and horizon.
I just don't get why you are so caught up on such a minor trivial issue that nobody should have any struggle with whatsoever.

This isn't even a bad request per se, it's just mostly pointless, because the current system works perfectly fine and there is basically no difference between it and the 24h system.

Like, geez, if you wanna schedule a release at 8h, then you choose 8am, if you want to schedule at 22h, you choose 10pm... How hard is that? It's just 22-12... >.>

Assurbanipal_II

Yes. Absolutely.

Seems like your reading comprehension is lacking, let me repeat myself for you.

So yes, I don't think it is hard, I just don't think it is worth Tony's time either.

Except it's not complicated? Complicated stuff are miles/feet/inches. AM/PM is stupidly simple. It's just a +/- 12h.

Didn't you ever use an analog clock? It's the same thing as the AM/PM system... Like, geez, how do you struggle with that?

I just don't get why you are so caught up on such a minor trivial issue that nobody should have any struggle with whatsoever.

This isn't even a bad request per se, it's just mostly pointless, because the current system works perfectly fine and there is basically no difference between it and the 24h system.

Like, geez, if you wanna schedule a release at 8h, then you choose 8am, if you want to schedule at 22h, you choose 10pm... How hard is that? It's just 22-12... >.>
XD Do you even read yourself? Of course not, you are wonderful comedy, as usual. It obviously unnecessary to talk with you, so the question is only why I am so stupid to believe in you? Who knows. Maybe it is human nature. Maybe it is me being optimistic. I can't tell.