FREEDOM

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Personally I prefer reading and reviewing, or putting it in a better way to mentor. I started to write a novel just to contribute to SH and to get an entry as an author. I didn't want to compile my blogs and transfer them here from NUF.
I think SH needs to focus on good reviewers too. Let's see...

You mean get a team of reviewers and have them pick a random novel each week/month to review? Kind of like that?

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Not editing. I am not for turning SH into a webmag!

But if people contribute fixing of grammar mistakes and spelling mistakes, it will help improve the quality of the works. Part of the complaints people have say of RRL is that the grammar is barely readable. If more people highlight mistakes, it will help improve the average quality of the works.

TwilightForest

Being myself
But if people contribute fixing of grammar mistakes and spelling mistakes, it will help improve the quality of the works. Part of the complaints people have say of RRL is that the grammar is barely readable. If more people highlight mistakes, it will help improve the average quality of the works.
The kind of grammatical mistakes I see in most works can't be corrected through simple editing and no one would be interested in that kind of thankless job.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
The kind of grammatical mistakes I see in most works can't be corrected through simple editing and no one would be interested in that kind of thankless job.

It does not have to be editing an entire chapter (that can be extremely difficult, especially when each author has their own style, so it is even more harder than editing translated works, at least for web novels), just pointing out issues here and there in chapters. By pointing out these mistakes, even if it is a few of the many would help authors improve the quality of their works.

TwilightForest

Being myself
It does not have to be editing an entire chapter (that can be extremely difficult, especially when each author has their own style, so it is even more harder than editing translated works, at least for web novels), just pointing out issues here and there in chapters. By pointing out these mistakes, even if it is a few of the many would help authors improve the quality of their works.
That is possible, I think.
Well, how come that we are having serious discussions in a Shitpost thread?

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
That is possible, I think.

Right, give each author a certain amount of contribution points per chapter, and they can award it to people who help the author out, be it editing or criticism. Then these points can be used for early access to chapters.

For reviews, you would also get contribution points, but those points would depend on how many people mark the review helpful.

I say mark helpful, because you want to separate "likes", "funny" and "helpful". There are many reviews which get a lot of likes simply because they say something funny or people agree with it, but that isn't the same as helpful.

And mods too should give out some contribution points to good reviewers (for those that fall through the cracks).

Well, how come that we are having serious duscussions in a Shitpost thread?

Err... isn't that the place for all serious and productive discussions? lol

TwilightForest

Being myself
Right, give each author a certain amount of contribution points per chapter, and they can award it to people who help the author out, be it editing or criticism. Then these points can be used for early access to chapters.

For reviews, you would also get contribution points, but those points would depend on how many people mark the review helpful.

I say mark helpful, because you want to separate "likes", "funny" and "helpful". There are many reviews which get a lot of likes simply because they say something funny or people agree with it, but that isn't the same as helpful.

And mods too should give out some contribution points to good reviewers (for those that fall through the cracks).

Err... isn't that the place for all serious and productive discussions? lol
You have thought it well, friend.
Wtf, isn't it a Shitpost thread? @AhoDesuGa Aho?.....

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
Yup! The new forum format is a bit odd but I guess we'll all just get used to it.
I got used to this real fast.
It’s as complicated as WP forums, which is a good thing. And they all look nice~

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
How is this and First sh*tpost not locked yet?!