Frequently Asked Questions

Lysander_Works

Thanks. I still have yet to test this in practice now.
Yours looks so well done and perfect it's not fair :blob_teary:
Teach me your ways, oh please, wise one.

Last edited:

Lysander_Works

So I have a question about content rating. It's fairly no big deal but I want to double check how it's supposed to work.
The content warning switches on a story, particularly for vulgar language and cursing, says it's only for frequent use of. Not sure what that entails.
If I have a book that on average, uses about 10 or so curse words throughout the entire story (someone saying "damn" enough times), is that worthy of hitting that switch? Should I have something at the beginning that serves as its own chapter of a content rating, such as "mild use of cursing/vulgar language?"

I just don't want to have something yeeted when it goes live later for this reason.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
So I have a question about content rating. It's fairly no big deal but I want to double check how it's supposed to work.
The content warning switches on a story, particularly for vulgar language and cursing, says it's only for frequent use of. Not sure what that entails.
If I have a book that on average, uses about 10 or so curse words throughout the entire story (someone saying "damn" enough times), is that worthy of hitting that switch? Should I have something at the beginning that serves as its own chapter of a content rating, such as "mild use of cursing/vulgar language?"

I just don't want to have something yeeted when it goes live later for this reason.
Unless you meet a Karen as reader, nobody will sweat a few dozen “damn” when the character is being chased by man-eating monsters.

The content warning is for a lot of swearing but also profanity. In the end it comes down to people’s comfort zone. I’d only put the strong language warning when there are offensive/obscene words. Strong language also don’t necessarily mean only the typical swearing words, there are people who can swear so colorful without using ‘fuck’ once.

Whether you want to add a content warning is up to you. Warning people that the content may upset them can’t hurt. There’s no guarantee though that people will read it, but at least you have proof that you gave head ups. 😬

Lysander_Works

Unless you meet a Karen as reader, nobody will sweat a few dozen “damn” when the character is being chased by man-eating monsters.

The content warning is for a lot of swearing but also profanity. In the end it comes down to people’s comfort zone. I’d only put the strong language warning when there are offensive/obscene words. Strong language also don’t necessarily mean only the typical swearing words, there are people who can swear so colorful without using ‘fuck’ once.

Whether you want to add a content warning is up to you. Warning people that the content may upset them can’t hurt. There’s no guarantee though that people will read it, but at least you have proof that you gave head ups. 😬

As I thought then. Thank you

tiaf

Um, does being a new user mean I can't use spoiler tags, or do they just not show up in the preview of a post?
Forum or main site as in story editor? They work a bit different, but that is a standard feature everyone can use.

tiaf

I meant on the forum
1714944248483.png

Works just fine
1714944343594.png