Fuel for writing

kuzuhayuzu

Idk why but for me to continue writing, I need a fuel of some sort, may it be a video, a song etc. (just something that would inspire me or fire me up) I mean I can still write without it but chapters come out a lot better when I do this, is it weird?

Me: Found something that makes me want to write
Also me:
1642945528569.png

(srry abt this I suck at making meme)

Cixious_CZ

Yeah, for me I watch YouTube videos to look for inspiration or read other author's works, it's pretty normal for writers I think.

Simo

A lazy sloth
I used to like listening to music while writing. Usually, the type of songs I listened to depended on the mood of the scene I was writing. Later down the line, however, this just became a bother instead and I stopped. Now I need silence. So no, it's normal.

D

Deleted member 54065

I do research first before I write a volume, usually focusing on what I want show for that certain part of the story. Once I gathered up enough information, I blend it with my way of storytelling for a smooth flow of writing and narrative.

Usually, once I got myself on a roll, I can do a chapter of around 4k words. Or if I'm on it, I'd go 10k-12k. Helps especially if you're rushing to the 'best part' of your work.

As for getting myself starting to write for the day, I'd usually reread my previous chapter, do some edits, then proceed straight to what I want to write.

Or I'd write down the draft in a notebook first before typing on PC. The thing that I hate when I write in notebooks is that, I tend to go past my 4k limit, which kind of upsets the flow of narrative that I want, as I need to trim my word count.

Now for keeping myself writing, it's either I'd listen to music, or eat while writing. But it's usually the former. I write until I feel that I had enough for the day.

Staying away from my games and shows also help in getting my volumes done before my own deadline.

Tldr: yes, listening to music while writing is normal. 😂

Last edited by a moderator:

kuzuhayuzu

I do research first before I write a volume, usually focusing on what I want show for that certain part of the story. Once I gathered up enough information, I blend it with my way of storytelling for a smooth flow of writing and narrative.

Usually, once I got myself on a roll, I can do a chapter of around 4k words. Or if I'm on it, I'd go 10k-12k. Helps especially if you're rushing to the 'best part' of your work.

As for getting myself starting to write for the day, I'd usually reread my previous chapter, do some edits, then proceed straight to what I want to write.

Or I'd write down the draft in a notebook first before typing on PC. The thing that I hate when I write in notebooks is that, I tend to go past my 4k limit, which kind of upsets the flow of narrative that I want, as I need to trim my word count.

Now for keeping myself writing, it's either I'd listen to music, or eat while writing. But it's usually the former. I write until I feel that I had enough for the day.

Staying away from my games and shows also help in getting my volumes done before my own deadline.

Tldr: yes, listening to music while writing is normal. 😂
that sounds too professional, I usually make a chapter a day consisting of 500 to 1000+ words I make a lot of chapters per day depends on my mood or if even I the author can't wait for the next chapter, most of my novels actually has no clear path, i just write what comes to my mind that day and time Its just my hobby after all

D

Deleted member 54065

that sounds too professional, I usually make a chapter a day consisting of 500 to 1000+ words I make a lot of chapters per day depends on my mood or if even I the author can't wait for the next chapter, most of my novels actually has no clear path, i just write what comes to my mind that day and time Its just my hobby after all
Thing is, it's also a hobby of mine. I'm originally a teacher before I got myself involved in business.

I recieved offers to monetize my story, but I declined. Not only am I thinking that it's not worthy of money (since I'm new to this after all), the demands they want are something I can' t do.

I did say I can write 4k-12k words a day, but before that, I'd spend 1-2 months worth of 'break'. A hiatus. The contracts I received stipulate that I write at least a thousand words PER day, which will make me lose my sanity if I signed up.

That's why once I return to writing, I 'explode' with the word counts I said in my reply.

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
I can write without any outside aid. I always get those artistic inspirations throughout my daily life, that I write down in my Notes and later on think up situations around them. When it comes to actually writing, its a breeze. My mind just thinks up the things that are happening.

I've just haven't had the time to do so, of course. I peaked at 8/Chapters a week when my story first came out.

kuzuhayuzu

Thing is, it's also a hobby of mine. I'm originally a teacher before I got myself involved in business.

I recieved offers to monetize my story, but I declined. Not only am I thinking that it's not worthy of money (since I'm new to this after all), the demands they want are something I can' t do.

I did say I can write 4k-12k words a day, but before that, I'd spend 1-2 months worth of 'break'. A hiatus. The contracts I received stipulate that I write at least a thousand words PER day, which will make me lose my sanity if I signed up.

That's why once I return to writing, I 'explode' with the word counts I said in my reply.
I see, a thousand words per day huh, I can do that for some days but not continually since I'm moody and lazy as hell, I just decide to not continue my novels not giving a fuck to anyone lol

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
You know what is fuel for writing? Methane. That's like crystal meth, but natural and perfectly safe, unless you decide to eat it or inject it into your body, in which case it becomes unsafe.

Go into the toilet. Take a dump. While you take a dump, you will gain inspiration. Then go out and write it down before you forget.

Rinse and repeat even if you have nothing left to dump.

Beta_Krogoth

Music works wonders for me. I'll play character theme tunes and scene music as i'm writing and listening to new music often generate new ideas and scenes in my head.

OsiriumWrites

I am a creative person, so things naturally come to me. But I can increase this by exposing myself to artwork, music or just daydreaming.

But nothing beats a long shower at night, right before bed. The best ideas happen at that magical moment.

AnUnknownMan

Use and abuse some kind of word editor to take notes on what you want to happen in your story. Then start writing without any clear idea of how to connect your plot points. Lastly make a final draft where you make it sound as if you planed it from the start. This may sound like a lot, but the momentum will cure writers block.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
Read a bunch of story blurbs then mix and match. Anything that doesn't make sense, force it to make sense by building upon it.

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
When you consume new media (A new song, a new show, a new book doesn't matter) your brain picks some details and hides is deep inside your mind, and when you began writing, those new details give you new ideas and motivation to write. At least it works for me.