Gatcha/miHoYo Games

MidnightFox

A Trickster that loves Puppets
Mobile
1000016757.jpg

Pre-download on PC
1000016759.jpg

2wordsperminute

Got firefly e2s1 before spending because I didn't fail a single 50/50, $300 later I have her e3 and bronya e3.
Unfortunately the screenshots are too big to upload, but I also prefarmed to max her traces and level/lc level.

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
Gepard you ^%#%^# give me back my Firefly eidolon!!! :blob_catflip:
Hahaha… I should be able to get e1 still… but I lost all 3 of the 50/50s I made… unless I can get like 110 pulls then 50% chance of e2…

At least I got her and Ruan Mei though.
Also I’ll post my thoughts on the story later~ Dunno when exactly though~

DannyTheDaikon

I came here to laugh at you
Hahaha… I should be able to get e1 still… but I lost all 3 of the 50/50s I made… unless I can get like 110 pulls then 50% chance of e2…

At least I got her and Ruan Mei though.
There are always reruns :blob_uwu: I'm glad you got both of them, tho :blob_evil_two: now only to farm the relics for Firefly... Started yesterday and I can already see that it's not going to be easy :sweating_profusely:
Also I’ll post my thoughts on the story later~ Dunno when exactly though~
Take your time :blob_reach:

I haven't even started yet. Came back quite late yesterday and was exhausted. I think if I finish all of the stuff to do earlier then maybe I should be able to finish over the next 2 days :blob_hmm_two:

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
There are always reruns :blob_uwu: I'm glad you got both of them, tho :blob_evil_two: now only to farm the relics for Firefly... Started yesterday and I can already see that it's not going to be easy :sweating_profusely:
I managed to get some okay relics at least~ ~450% BE in combat w/ all buffs~

DannyTheDaikon

I managed to get some okay relics at least~ ~450% BE in combat w/ all buffs~
Yeah I got nothing unless I want my Firefly to have health bar to rival Fu Xuan :blob_happy: I'm going home rn so I'll probably farm some more

DannyTheDaikon

> Old filthy rich dude.
> Is said to be some business genius.
> His idea of saving Penacony from IPC acquisition is... selling shares at the stock market
:blob_neutral:
No wonders Penacony started going down if this is the leadership it had :blob_facepalm:

DannyTheDaikon

Finished the update. It felt quite underwhelming, but at the same time I enjoyed it a lot more than the previous one. They toned down the "zoomer humor" and it was actually quite funny where it was supposed to be funny. That being said, I don't believe this part deserved to be it's own update. I'm guessing they wanted to stretch Penacony a bit longer to sell Firefly, but because of that it just.. meh.

Penacony started really good and the first 2 segments were very good, but everything past Aventurine was a disappointment. They shoved all the cool bits in the early parts and then gave nothing to top it, so instead of natural build up, culmination point and resolution, we got culmination point, build up and unsatisfying resolution.

The last two patches I keep waiting for the big "wow moment", because it felt like they were saving the "fireworks" for the end. While we got some fireworks (literally) and a cute scene with Firefly and MC, the itch was not scratched and I can't say that it felt like a satisfying ending.

Sparkle being the wingwoman was funny, but I wish there was actual bossfight, because Sunday was a very weak and boring boss.

There's also the issue of plotholes that could put IX to shame with their size. Also the "mystery" of the "three deaths" regarding Firefly was told to us... in a text :blob_neutral:

I'm also not a fan of how much screen time the whole plotline with the previous Trailblazers got. The concept was good, but the way they handled this fell very flat. There was not much time for us to even grow attached to them, we were just told that "it's an emotional thing" for us, but I couldn't really feel it. Those names meant nothing for me, I had no attachment to those characters and spending like a good 10min on last cut scene with them just felt like a waste of time, because... I just didn't care, because I had no reason to :blob_neutral:

Instead I'd prefer if they focused on resolving Firefly's story in a more satisfying manner. This is the character that we had time to become familiar with and grow attached to.

I wanted to like Penacony, but as things stand now, I feel like it was the weakest area story-wise. And I used to hate Jarilo, because of how cliché and generic the story was. Now looking at it from Penacony perspective, I must say that generic isn't always bad. It's better than trying too hard to sound smart and profound while clearly being incapable of delivering a story of such caliber.

I'm gonna keep my expectations low for 2.4.

2wordsperminute

I wanted to like Penacony, but as things stand now, I feel like it was the weakest area story-wise. And I used to hate Jarilo, because of how cliché and generic the story was. Now looking at it from Penacony perspective, I must say that generic isn't always bad. It's better than trying too hard to sound smart and profound while clearly being incapable of delivering a story of such caliber.
I think that penacony becomes a lot more interesting if you consider the possibility that most of Penacony's lore could be made up by the same history fictionologist who made Gallagher. I mean, how did Mikhail live so long? He was alive for multiple amber eras despite not being a long life species if you believe the information presented, and even has a daughter that looks like she's probably not older than 35. Now, I know characters can look younger than they really are in the dreamscape, but the first part is only answered in one line of dialogue by a character whom it would apply to: he's just a remnant of memory left in the dreamscape. But he could also very well be a character made by a history fictionologist, since the fictionologists are said to be able to exert a similar amount of control over the dreamscape as memokeepers are. The only other time we see a dead person still in the dreamscape is when 5 different people are working together to recreate him. So I think that anything aside from maybe the founding of Penacony should be regarded as possibly not canon, and in my opinion, trying to figure out how much we learn about Penacony is actually true makes it a lot more interesting.

DannyTheDaikon

I think that penacony becomes a lot more interesting if you consider the possibility that most of Penacony's lore could be made up by the same history fictionologist who made Gallagher. I mean, how did Mikhail live so long? He was alive for multiple amber eras despite not being a long life species if you believe the information presented, and even has a daughter that looks like she's probably not older than 35. Now, I know characters can look younger than they really are in the dreamscape, but the first part is only answered in one line of dialogue by a character whom it would apply to: he's just a remnant of memory left in the dreamscape. But he could also very well be a character made by a history fictionologist, since the fictionologists are said to be able to exert a similar amount of control over the dreamscape as memokeepers are. The only other time we see a dead person still in the dreamscape is when 5 different people are working together to recreate him. So I think that anything aside from maybe the founding of Penacony should be regarded as possibly not canon, and in my opinion, trying to figure out how much we learn about Penacony is actually true makes it a lot more interesting.
Then it makes me even more disappointed in Penacony. This would mean that everything we did there was meaningless. It's basically like pulling "it was all a dream" (that they already did).

First people believed that the last ending was also fake (myself included). Now the theory will be that it's all fictionologists' work. Personally, I believe that that's just a strong cope with the fact that Penacony was just bad. Especially the last cutscene with Sunday didn't seem to point to that turn of events either. I hope I stand corrected and there something more to it (that makes actual sense) than this, but I won't keep my hopes up.

Fictionologist also feel like a lazy tool for the writers to "solve" problem with their own writing.

2wordsperminute

I did still like part 3 even though there were some things that either didn't get addressed or weren't done well. I especially liked both the cutscene right before the final sunday fight and the fight itself. I think if part 4 had stuck the landing, it would be my favorite arc, but with the many issues still left unaddressed, it can't top Belobog for me.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Most of the interesting parts of the story were sadly optional in this update, like the Fumos when they didn't troll (or effing rickroll you, I spit my damn coffee laughing) or going around as a certain girl seeing the Trailblazer being a total goofball, it's finally canon! Star Rail MC is bonkers!

I liked the ending and how
Sparkle was hired by either Elio himself or more likely Silverwolf to orchestrate the three deaths as harmless as possible, but we still got the meme death (damn double meaning!) or how Jade says we can revive the Aeon of Trailblaze if we cut off Pom-Poms tail (even more things indicating the fluffball is either an emanator or the man himself)

The only thing I can't forgive is that they made the Archeron conclusion effing optional. We even get some great CGs. A final well-placed "When you have a chance to make a choice, make one that you know you won't regret".