Gelatin and necromancy

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
So, since gelatin is made from animal bones could a necromancer by technicality make an army of Jell-O? Is there some rule against this or is it just not possible? I'm quite befuddled by this possibility and desire knowledge.

RynnTheTired

Pathological Sleepyhead
Depends on the magic system, I guess.

In the story I'm currently writing, necromancers are kind of like the magic version of neurologists. They study the magic circuits present in living (or formerly living) organisms. But one application of that is flesh puppetry, which involves the manipulation of dead or artificially created bodies. (Doing it to living things is very difficult. Also very illegal.) So if you create a flesh golem made from Jell-O with a proper magic circuit installed in it, then yes, a necromancer can make it move around. But it takes extra magic power to keep the Jell-O from falling apart, so the efficiency is bad. It's more of a party trick thing, rather than a taking-over-the-world thing.

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
I mean, looking that way, a necromancer can assassinate someone by inviting them to a bbq party, then reviving the meat while it's inside its targets stomach, which sounds cool, so yes, a necromancer can make an army of living non-vegan Jell-O.

CapitaoCaverna

I... will be stealing that idea, thank you very much.

As for if it's possible, that really depends on the kind of Necromancy in the story.

Yamemai

Can a necromancer resurrect someone who has been cremated?
I remember in some stories Shades are actually ash ghosts of peeps. Forgot where I encountered it though, it was a villain/problem/whatever lit term for one of the webcomics I read.

Anyways, to answer the question, possible? Would depend on the system you're using though. Like some static ones (litrpg in particular) tends to give out spells, while the ones w/ more flexibility (such as due to the wielder's imagination/perspective) probably could. -- Remember Epic Puns had the necromancer teen use dust/chalk/whatever, since it was mainly dead skin and such.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Ofc they can, that's the origin of slimes and oozes type monsters. But those are tutorial level monsters, an army of undead are just better.
a giant blob of sentient gelatin is much more dangerous than an undead army. Imagine a small mountain sized slime with long, writhing tentacles impervious to all physical damage just passing over you. Now you're trapped in corpse-flavored Jell-o, slowly suffocating to death, the taste of decomposed flesh and bone clogging your throat as you let cry a silent scream of abject horror, disgust and helplessness.

I can still fight a zombie or skeleton which probably have the strength of newborn babes due to the deterioration or even complete lack og muscle mass.

But i cant do shit about meat jelly.

Last edited:

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Necromancy is death magic, not flesh magic. So it depends on whether the gelatin has any death energy in it or not. If it does, it would probably rot away extremely rapidly... So I vote no. Mostly.

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
a giant blob of sentient gelatin is much more dangerous than an undead army. Imagine a small mountain sized slime with long, writing tentacles impervious to all physical damage just passing over you. Now you're trapped in corpse-flavored Jell-o, slowly suffocating to death, the taste of decomposed flesh and bone clogging your throat as you let cry a silent scream of abject horror, disgust and helplessness.

I can still fight a zombie or skeleton which probably have the strength of newborn babes due to the deterioration or even complete lack og muscle mass.

But i cant do shit about meat jelly.
Ya gotta use chemistry: salt, soap, acid, bleach, and fire. If something is moving theres a way to get it to stop moving.

ACertainPassingUser

Yes, it's possible.

It's just that the Magic Jelly girl series is way more profitable than Jelly Necromancer, unless you are looking to a lesser-explored market in SH/RR, in which go ahead.

I still haven't seen any magical girl series who use Jelly Necromancer while still naive and pure, accidentally summoning world eldritch monstrosity into jelly form and innocently prank the world from her point of view.