Recommendations Good fanfiction

BubbleC

Floating Idiot
Inspired by Aniket's thread, I've realized that I've only read and finished one fanfiction in my life (and that was from 2016). Considering that there are and can be many good fics, I was wonder if you all can recommend me some to read.

I'm okay with any genre and any fandom. Just throw 'em all at me.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Inspired by Aniket's thread, I've realized that I've only read and finished one fanfiction in my life (and that was from 2016). Considering that there are and can be many good fics, I was wonder if you all can recommend me some to read.

Here's one I've written for a while for Fallout. It's literally just Fallout but set in the eastern side of things. 10 short chapters. Ongoing. Go check it out.

Leti

The best HP fanfic ever.

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
If you like ffxiv, I have Traveler. *sweats* https://www.scribblehub.com/series/193997/traveler/

If you like My Hero Academia, Rotten Purity is a good one too. I enjoyed the premise quite a bit!

Or Assurbanipal_II has her Naruto Fanfiction! It’s pretty good too! :3 I read the first few chapters and enjoyed it, haven’t bookmarked it yet though.

I’m sure there are more awesome fanfics on here, it’s quite a few to siphon through! :)

Jemini

HP fan fiction rubs me the wrong way for reasons I simply cannot put my finger on. Actually, it is HP fan fics that tend to make me shy away from fan fiction in genera. I have no idea why it's so popular to write fan fics for this specific series.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Purple Days by Baurus, over on Alternatehistory.com.

If you're familiar with Game of Thrones, you're probably familiar with Joffrey, the blond little shitheel who takes delight in violently tormenting those around him and is poisoned at his wedding. In Purple Days, he's forced into a Groundhog Day Esque loop until he's a far less terrible person. He also uncovers some eldritch secrets along the way.

skillet

a frying pan
MY TIME HAS COME.
HERE COMES a bunch of ff.net smol fandom fics! ._. I hope you know some of these, at least lolol
--> fyi, I mostly consider 'great fanfics' those that managed to capture the characters well (as in NO OOC PLEASE NO) and had a really, really great writing style. Imo. So regardless of which fandoms you know of, I'd like to think you'd marvel along with me for every one of them. :D

Have you watched/read Detective Conan/Magic Kaito? s2lou is arguably one of my favorite fanfic writers PERIOD, and of them I especially recommend Spandex, Seven Possible Uses Of, Of Moving Castles (DC/MK in Howl's Moving Castle AU), and A question of Pride and (which is incomplete and probably never to be updated, but still worth the read). Also Gems' Entry (a compilation fic) has a bunch of great chapters, of which I'd ESPECIALly recommend chapter 9. So. Good.

If you've ever watched/read Gakuen Alice and never tried fanfiction, you missed out!! b/c Meocaroba has some GREAT FICS such as you've got the morning (i've got midnight) (I LOVE THIS ONE SM) and knives, fights and strawberry ice cream, i don't want to die (but i quite like heaven), and to have and to hold (these three are in the same universe, I believe).

HYOUKA: yes, that beautiful anime/ln that features oreki houtarou. thundercow is also one of my favorite writers, and you'll probably see why once you read There Are Questions I Can't Answer, The Rain is Trying to Tell me Something, and Oh Suzume (this is apparently kind of a crossover-ish fic with Pacific Rim, which I still have no idea is about but is sooo goood regardless). thundercow also has a bunch of other fandom fics, so scroll through and look for any you know and read'em. hehehe.

Fairy Tail: I remember that I thought 808Lionfire had some great fics, but I haven't read them recently enough to remember except for Seven Attempts to Fall. Hahaha.

Honorable Mentions: An Outsider's Perspective (Kimi ni Todoke fanfiction, the only one I found to be actually good so far), survival rate (Lovely Complex fanfiction-- again, the only one I found to be good in its fandom so far), sealed in wax (Pride and Prejudic fanfiction that always puts a smile on my face), The Beauty of Beast Boy (Teen Titans fanfiction that I read every year), Numbers in Choreography (another Gakuen Alice fic, with OCD-ish Natsume), and Kokoroyomi Monogatari (yet another GA fic, lol, but I found it funny).

note: I realize most of these are oneshots, or at most a few chapters long. This isn't because there were no long fics I found recommendable, but because I as a reader (back when I was active on ff) hated waiting for long fics to finish, so I actively and only looked for completed stuff/basically oneshots or two-shots. Haha. No regrets.
also, now I feel embarrassed. Goodbye.

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
MY TIME HAS COME.
HERE COMES a bunch of ff.net smol fandom fics! ._. I hope you know some of these, at least lolol
--> fyi, I mostly consider 'great fanfics' those that managed to capture the characters well (as in NO OOC PLEASE NO) and had a really, really great writing style. Imo. So regardless of which fandoms you know of, I'd like to think you'd marvel along with me for every one of them. :D

Have you watched/read Detective Conan/Magic Kaito? s2lou is arguably one of my favorite fanfic writers PERIOD, and of them I especially recommend Spandex, Seven Possible Uses Of, Of Moving Castles (DC/MK in Howl's Moving Castle AU), and A question of Pride and (which is incomplete and probably never to be updated, but still worth the read). Also Gems' Entry (a compilation fic) has a bunch of great chapters, of which I'd ESPECIALly recommend chapter 9. So. Good.

If you've ever watched/read Gakuen Alice and never tried fanfiction, you missed out!! b/c Meocaroba has some GREAT FICS such as you've got the morning (i've got midnight) (I LOVE THIS ONE SM) and knives, fights and strawberry ice cream, i don't want to die (but i quite like heaven), and to have and to hold (these three are in the same universe, I believe).

HYOUKA: yes, that beautiful anime/ln that features oreki houtarou. thundercow is also one of my favorite writers, and you'll probably see why once you read There Are Questions I Can't Answer, The Rain is Trying to Tell me Something, and Oh Suzume (this is apparently kind of a crossover-ish fic with Pacific Rim, which I still have no idea is about but is sooo goood regardless). thundercow also has a bunch of other fandom fics, so scroll through and look for any you know and read'em. hehehe.

Fairy Tail: I remember that I thought 808Lionfire had some great fics, but I haven't read them recently enough to remember except for Seven Attempts to Fall. Hahaha.

Honorable Mentions: An Outsider's Perspective (Kimi ni Todoke fanfiction, the only one I found to be actually good so far), survival rate (Lovely Complex fanfiction-- again, the only one I found to be good in its fandom so far), sealed in wax (Pride and Prejudic fanfiction that always puts a smile on my face), The Beauty of Beast Boy (Teen Titans fanfiction that I read every year), Numbers in Choreography (another Gakuen Alice fic, with OCD-ish Natsume), and Kokoroyomi Monogatari (yet another GA fic, lol, but I found it funny).

note: I realize most of these are oneshots, or at most a few chapters long. This isn't because there were no long fics I found recommendable, but because I as a reader (back when I was active on ff) hated waiting for long fics to finish, so I actively and only looked for completed stuff/basically oneshots or two-shots. Haha. No regrets.
also, now I feel embarrassed. Goodbye.
I’ve also read all those GA fanfictions. I’m happy to see another who enjoyed the series. It’s such a good series. I want more.

deltanz

Vanguard Squad
I don't read much FF here on SH, I do that over on FF's site itself, but if you don't mind a shameless self-promotion, I'll post mine. Different DxD Revamped

The first two chapters aren't written that well and have issues but it gets better in ch 3.