Google Drive, Youtube down for me.

Wintertime

King of Nothing
Glad it wasn't just me. I had to back up my files and reset my internet because I thought my files wouldn't save.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
There was a huge outage for a cluster of servers that many big companies use. Just your little daily hint of the upcoming apocalypse.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Haha, same here. I was in the middle of listening to my daily playlist and then poof.

Monkey
Yeah, I can't write now since I do all my writing on GDoc
Glad it wasn't just me. I had to back up my files and reset my internet because I thought my files wouldn't save.
cant write my novel >:(
I don't know how you guys would've functioned if you lived in my area with my level of coverage.

For context every week my house would have at least 3 hours average where internet simply doesn't connect. WiFi and data.

tbf I live next to a forest

OkuraTsukiko

[Peace was never an option]
I don't know how you guys would've functioned if you lived in my area with my level of coverage.

For context every week my house would have at least 3 hours average where internet simply doesn't connect. WiFi and data.

tbf I live next to a forest

F

Wohendum-Bluu

When Blue Just Isn't Quite Blue Enough
That's why you write on offline softwares. Hell, I'm even considering printing copies of my novel if the global microwave ever mass fries the computers of the world.

Never trust the internet.
never trust the internet. Words to live by. I ONLY type in offline softwares. I'm kinda impressed at the insan-*achoo*.....excuse me, the bravery of people who type in only online softwares like Google Docs. That's just not wise. There are so many simple offline softwares you can download to type stories, there is no excuse to use Google Docs as your primary.

Last edited:

SaddyStorm

Oh, so that's why my youtube crashed-ish. I blamed my innocent wifi instead. It's scarred for life sadly...

SaddyStorm

never trust the internet. Words to live by. I ONLY type in offline softwares. I'm kinda impressed at the insan-*achoo*.....excuse me, the bravery of people who type in only online softwares like Google Docs. That's just not wise. There are so many simple offline softwares you can download to type stories, there is no excuse to use Google Docs as your primary.
It's simpler and free. Stable internet aside it's great, but I have zero expertise on what constitutes a good story writing software, since I have only used 4-5 different apps for writing, at most.

Wohendum-Bluu

When Blue Just Isn't Quite Blue Enough
It's simpler and free. Stable internet aside it's great, but I have zero expertise on what constitutes a good story writing software, since I have only used 4-5 different apps for writing, at most.
I used several that are easier than Google Docs and also free. You just install it. I don't think you or others took much time to research options. It's extremely unsafe to use online-only software for writing. There's no excuse for it when concerning the potential hazard of losing your work. I split my writing between Libre Office, which is a free alternative to Microsoft Office and the writing software application is just as good as the version Microsoft uses. I also use something called Jarte which has 3 different look layouts. Classic, Minimal, and Compact. I prefer the Classical layout but many people that use it I've noticed prefer the Minimal one. Both are free. You just install.

The only paid software I use, which I didn't pay for since it was given to me, is Word Perfect. But I rarely use it because their is sooooo much stuff that comes with it...it is daunting to use. I mean its got EVERYTHING. It even has things that I can't even begin to imagine what to do with and others that I'm unsure why writing software even includes.

So while Word Perfect is quite frankly amazing, and for me, it was free since it was a secondhand copy...its just too much for me. I'm not sure why it's not more common. Professionals should freaking love it. But for casuals like me...its intimidating.

Butr yeah, Libre Office and Jarte.

Last edited: