Got my first 1 star

Mihou

Firefly—
Get use to one-stars honestly, not everyone will like your work. Everyone has different tastes, rather if you get discouraged by those one stars, then remember the people who handed you five stars, think about the people who actually like your works, and read them without commenting, or interacting. (There are a lot of people in SH who doesn't use an account, or doesn't like to interact but still reads your stories.) ^.^

Ral

This is normal because everyone could rate a story one star. A person just have to decide to rate your story one star. If no one could, if the option is not there, then getting one star rating would be highly abnormal.

But seriously, appreciate the ones who give you four or five stars (or even three stars). I wish, that for once, people come here to say "Yay! Got my first 5 star!" instead of lamenting about the one stars,

Last edited:

MagicalDucky

Well, unfortunately, it's kind of unavoidable. Eventually, there's gonna be someone who dislikes your story enough to give you a 1*, but I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you think you got hit by some troll 1* ratings, then I would recommend letting the site owner @Tony know. Otherwise, it's just kind of something you have to live with as an author because no matter how good a story is, there will be people who just don't like it for whatever reason. :blob_neutral: Like others have said, just forget about it and try to focus more on the good ratings you've gotten. :blobthumbsup:

Rwvwndish

dont be bothered by that. its pretty normal here. but, just ask why do people leave 1-star but doesn't give a review or explain himself. anyways, just do whatever you want and have fun

MagicalDucky

what if u give yourself a one star

Xobotun

That's an interesting story, I think I've found what I'll be working on today in the office. :blob_reach:

On-topic: I've once accidentally planted a 1-star rating to a some random novel. I was scrolling on a mobile in the rain looking out for hidden gems and suddenly noticed it was of a one-star rating, even though I've clearly remembered it was something more like four-and-a-half. So I wiped the screen with my sleeve and put the rating back to five-star and continued my miserable existence. :D

shiopan

It seems it really was considered a troll; it got removed. Appreciate all the comments and help.
And I guess I will be prepared for more 1-star ratings in the future.
Thanks again, everyone.
wow those trolls just have nothing to do huh. Welcome back to perfect 5 stars

Stratothrax

The 5 star system is not a lot of fun to have to deal with as an author. It would be nice if a rating had to include a short review so at least we could get some constructive feedback out of it or tell if its a troll or not.

MagicalDucky

The 5 star system is not a lot of fun to have to deal with as an author. It would be nice if a rating had to include a short review so at least we could get some constructive feedback out of it or tell if its a troll or not.
While that would be a lot nicer for us authors, I think having every rating require a short review would just end up pushing a lot of casual readers away from leaving ratings in general since it would be a lot more effort to write up a short review for a story than just clicking a button. Ratings and reviews are already pretty uncommon as it is, so making them even rarer would probably be a detriment in the end, especially for newer authors who may not have many readers. For newer authors, having a few 4* or 5* ratings early on would probably help them feel a lot more confident about their work compared to just sitting there without any sort of feedback whatsoever until someone who does want to put in the effort to write a review comes along. Unfortunately, I think random troll 1* ratings are just kind of a necessary evil we have to live with. But on the bright side, at least @Tony is willing to help a lot when it comes to them. :blobthumbsup:

ChubbyLiv

There is a reason why there are no comments, reviews, etc.. One stars voters are afraid to reveal their identity, afraid of others bashing/banning them. :s_wink:

Last edited: