Got my first one star rating...

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Authors always complain about random 1-stars, but they say nothing about random 5-stars.

:blob_unamused:

The answer is to keep writing, eventually your rating will stabilize after 50 ratings.
@bigbear51 I've said that so many times to these absolutely stupid ass posts....but people keep making these stupid ass posts.....

I just don't have the same energy to argue against them anymore.

Last edited:

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
That feel when you stabilize under 4. 😭

"Bruh, stop it. Your feelings don't make sense. They aren't real, stop being illogical."- 40% of the population probably

Let's get down to the real business: are we trading those 5 stars or not?!

Majorian

I'm not gonna complain about getting one stars for my story. It hurts my ego to see it but it's inevitable. As long as I know that there are people enjoying my story, I'm happy. However is it normal for a story to be polarizing? For my story people either love it or hate it. It's either one stars or five stars. Is this just how people rate things in general?

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
I can't believe I've come to see the day where a single random one star would trigger an author... hahaha, my progress in becoming a better author is on a whole different level compared to some one star, a salty reader/author has given.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
It's far more likely to come from conservatives actually, homophobes especially.
Surprisingly? It comes from both sides, not just the conservative one. Extremists are extremists, whichever side they're from. They don't really like it when people don't share their moral standpoints or beliefs and they won't have it any other way.

More people have become extreme nowadays. It's really too bad.

Fromage

Peerless member
They don't really like it when people don't share their moral standpoints or beliefs and they won't have it any other way.

More people have become extreme nowadays. It's really too bad.
Most of them aren't extremists. They're just Asian.

Nymus

I'm Asian, and I've seen plenty of them who aren't.

Try not to make it a racial thing. They're pretty bad whatever race they are.
I agree. It may seem that there is more of a flavor, ideology, religion, or whatever distinction one wants to apply. But I think that is just our perception.

Best description I can come up with would be an addict in withdrawal who can no longer get the original poison and is looking for a substitute in a panic. ... or simply someone who has no other way to find attention. :unsure:

However, it's clear to me that no one can do anything about it without descending into dictatorship.:censored: And believe me, as a german I can say we humans tested most of them. Without success.

And it's really more fun to ridicule the trolls somehow. :devilish:

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
I saw you mention RR. Didn't they start a program there where you could opt out of ratings?