Grand Strategy Games?

OyoJan

Not very. I can't play multiplayer as my copy lacks the function thanks to its creative method of purchase and it gets pretty boring alone.
I see. What do you mean by "creative method of purchase"?
Weirdly enough, I think Hoi is the easiest to learn amongst paradox games unless you want to go full no-life and min-max your units and tactics into unhealthy levels.
That's funny for you to say because the way I play HOI4 is as if I was playing EU4 even though it's vastly different from it. I don't know why, but it shows that I'm just not that good at it. XD

OyoJan

Total War and Civilization.
Nice, I used to play the Total War games back in the day when they used to be free for a limited time on Steam. As for Civilization, I have Civ6 for the PS4. To be honest, I suck at it sometimes. lol

SailusGebel

Nice, I used to play the Total War games back in the day when they used to be free for a limited time on Steam. As for Civilization, I have Civ6 for the PS4. To be honest, I suck at it sometimes. lol
I suck at every strategy game, but I still like them. As for Total Wars, I heard Three Kingdoms is good and polished if you want something new and more or less historical, but if you are okay with fantasy, Total War Warhammer is very expensive, but good.

OyoJan

So, you don't know? lol
I suck at every strategy game, but I still like them. As for Total Wars, I heard Three Kingdoms is good and polished if you want something new and more or less historical, but if you are okay with fantasy, Total War Warhammer is very expensive, but good.
I see. I might give Three Kingdoms a try since I admire East Asian history a lot (or just Asian history in general).
Battle Realms: WOTW
Stronghold: Crusader
Caesar III and IV
Sid Meier's Civilization
Age Of Empires
Total War
Hinterland
Cool. What's your favorite Total War game?

D

Deleted member 54065

Does anyone play grand strategy games in the likes of Europa Universalis IV, Victoria II, Crusader Kings III, etc.? I happen to play these types of games all the time.
Paradox games? Yep, I play those. Also, the historical Total Wars.
I see. You're definitely on to something about Stellaris having a disappointing "empire/species builder" gameplay mechanic of it because I was thinking the same thing. The gameplay felt so minimalistic for some reason, and it wasn't that immersive to begin with. I don't know, that's just what I thought. It was such a disappointing game, really.

Cool. I barely play HOI4 just because of how insanely difficult it is. It's quite different from the other Paradox games that I usually play, such as EU4 and CK3.
Try the Millenium Dawn mod on HOI4, it gets even more complicated (and better).

OyoJan

Paradox games? Yep, I play those. Also, the historical Total Wars.

Try the Millenium Dawn mod on HOI4, it gets even more complicated (and better).
Oh, hey there. Yeah, the Total War games are fun. Such a shame that I don't play them as often as I used to, though. I've been meaning to try the Millennium Dawn mod. How complicated is it?

D

Deleted member 54065

Oh, hey there. Yeah, the Total War games are fun. Such a shame that I don't play them as often as I used to, though. I've been meaning to try the Millennium Dawn mod. How complicated is it?
For one, the National Budget system where your country has a budget for everything you do: defense, industry, education, health care and other stuff. This isn't in Vanilla HOI4 which I own (I don't buy the DLCs just yet).

Second is the military unit designer which has a significant difference from vanilla HOI4, particularly the existence of Mechanized units and Assault battalions (helicopter-borne).

Third is the missile system where you have to divide your industry/factories into civ, mil and missile production, including the space to send satellites up into the Exosphere (up to 3k, GPS or GLONASS, Rods of God, ComSats, SpySats, etc.), and of course, the uranium enrichment to manufacture power and nuclear weaps.

Not to mention the painstakingly detailed focus trees of each countries (I always use Russia). Lol

OyoJan

For one, the National Budget system where your country has a budget for everything you do: defense, industry, education, health care and other stuff. This isn't in Vanilla HOI4 which I own (I don't buy the DLCs just yet).

Second is the military unit designer which has a significant difference from vanilla HOI4, particularly the existence of Mechanized units and Assault battalions (helicopter-borne).

Third is the missile system where you have to divide your industry/factories into civ, mil and missile production, including the space to send satellites up into the Exosphere (up to 3k, GPS or GLONASS, Rods of God, ComSats, SpySats, etc.), and of course, the uranium enrichment to manufacture power and nuclear weaps.

Not to mention the painstakingly detailed focus trees of each countries (I always use Russia). Lol
Interesting. Can you recommend some easy countries to play as?

D

Deleted member 54065

Interesting. Can you recommend some easy countries to play as?
Russia. Big ass country with lots of space for factories. Your only problem at start is that you're at war with Chechnya.

US, too. And China.

Basically the big countries since you can build lots of factories. Just watch out for your national budget or you'll fall into debt faster than George W. Bush can bomb and invade Iraq.

OyoJan

Russia. Big ass country with lots of space for factories. Your only problem at start is that you're at war with Chechnya.

US, too. And China.

Basically the big countries since you can build lots of factories. Just watch out for your national budget or you'll fall into debt faster than George W. Bush can bomb and invade Iraq.
Cool. You know, I mostly play HOI4 with cheats since I can't come to grips with the basics yet. I mean, I played the tutorial before, but it was still complicated for me. But at the same time, it gets boring pretty quick, so I'm trying to minimize my use of it.

D

Deleted member 54065

Cool. You know, I mostly play HOI4 with cheats since I can't come to grips with the basics yet. I mean, I played the tutorial before, but it was still complicated for me. But at the same time, it gets boring pretty quick, so I'm trying to minimize my use of it.
No worries. WeMod is your friend.

I also play with cheats because I'm already stressed with work. The last thing I'd want is to stress myself over a game I love to play.

OyoJan

No worries. WeMod is your friend.

I also play with cheats because I'm already stressed with work. The last thing I'd want is to stress myself over a game I love to play.
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm dealing with college right now, so yeah. It gets stressful sometimes.