Harem’s suck

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Yeah. I ain't even gonna defend my point. I'll just nod my head in agreeance.

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
Oh, so I guess that complaining about tropes you don't like is ok as long as it's something that the majority agree with.

Which means that the majority of people here think that there's nothing wrong with genocide, good to know that the readers of scribble hub are such complete pieces of shit.
Question, if there was a planet filled with literal nazis, would genocide be justified then? There is always a time when some concept is OK, it may not be the greatest or best choice, but it is the right one.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Question, if there was a planet filled with literal nazis, would genocide be justified then? There is always a time when some concept is OK, it may not be the greatest or best choice, but it is the right one.

So that rests on whether you define them as People Who Believe Some Thing, People Who Do Some Thing, or People Who Follow Some Person.

In the first case, still no: we have this ability to tier and structure our beliefs in such a way so that we can re-channel even our most wicked desires into something productive. If these individuals are still doing Really Bad Things despite that, what you really have is the second case.

In the second case, it's no longer genocide*. They are actively attacking and now youre in self defence. If you want to be beyond reproach, you should only kill those who are actively trying to round up and kill undesirables, inferiors, deplorables, subhumans, whatever word of the day they want to use for their targets.

The third case is a trick question since the leader is long dead, but if a new leader popped up, kill the lead, the rest will fall, or a new lead will rise for you to chop off as well.

Realistically probably no one is going to care if you kill 1000+ of them unless you peg one of their friends or relatives as a Nazi who isn't.

* Edit: This entire thing is a trick question because usually genocide refers to a national or ethnic background, which can be expanded to mean a characteristic one cannot control. Political beliefs do NOT fall under this, so it's a trick question.

Last edited:

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
Here's the thing with harems. In literally every single anime, the harem part of the equation is just used as a way to get cheap fanservice. I sincerely want to see a show where the idea of the protagonist acquiring a harem is taken seriously with consequences and positives. Kind of like School Days, but if it didn't suck.

melchi

What is a custom title?
There is at least one harem story I like.

The MC is a girl that gets forced to join the emperor's harem.

aattss

I don't care about harem. I think if you took a well written story but made it a harem story, while having characters and their interactions stay consistent, it would still be a good story. I see harem as one of those tropes that's more of a symptom.

Drytron

It's just a genre, duh. It often sucks because most authors have skill issues.

SternenklarenRitter

Harems are really just polycules pretending to be straight. Exploring the relationship between harem members is core to the genre.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Yeah. Managing a harem is a ton of work. You really have to be a certain type of insane to enjoy a harem. If you ever get off the dopamine rush of being a manipulative bastard, harem immediately become way more hassle then they are worth. Plus the overhead in lies and money? If I could turn back time...
Oh, so I guess that complaining about tropes you don't like is ok as long as it's something that the majority agree with.

Which means that the majority of people here think that there's nothing wrong with genocide, good to know that the readers of scribble hub are such complete pieces of shit.
Who are you talking to?

Who's complaining?

I hate x. That is not complaining. That is a preference. I wish there was no x, is complaining. To complain, you must desire a change.

And your logic... where is your data to show most people support genocide? This is a total nonsequitor. Are you having a stroke?

Last edited: