Have any nice music or ambiance you listen to whilst you write?

Variation

Wondering what y'all tend to listen to as you write, if anything.

I personally love sticking with nostalgic background music like from Fable 1 & Fable 2, or even runescape's OST.
They fit well so long as I keep writing fantasy.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
There's a decent amount of threads about this already, such as

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
This is what I listen to when I'm really focusing, like a "No distractions allowed."

This one I listen to when I'm bored of the above.

When I need more inspiration or there's a fighting scene I listen to Keiichi Okabe (MONACA)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcjJCjLR8Z4&list=RDDr0GtCIXPvA&index=17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZgsfPPGKDE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOo8oJlWwnU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-4sNvFTedM

I listen the in loop or as a playlist.
I also listen to some Black Rock Shooter soundtracks, Honkai Impact songs, Voez, and a lot more.

Variation

There's a decent amount of threads about this already, such as
Fair enough, my bad for not searching, sorry boss :sweating_profusely:
This is what I listen to when I'm really focusing, like a "No distractions allowed."

This one I listen to when I'm bored of the above.

When I need more inspiration or there's a fighting scene I listen to Keiichi Okabe (MONACA)

I listen the in loop or as a playlist.
I also listen to some Black Rock Shooter soundtracks, Honkai Impact songs, Voez, and a lot more.
yyo these bop tho, totally stealing that 10hr peaceful chika ! :blob_melt:

D

Deleted member 22388

I don't write but I do draw, this songs are quite noisy so it is only to make you feel happy or excited.
That's all ahh-wooooo..... I feel sleepy:blob_sleep:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mihou

Firefly—
Depending on what the chapter's mood will be otherwise I would mostly tune into cute vocaloids (weeb) and stare at them using my second monitor while thinking of the plot.

Vaerama

Video game music... anime ost... vocaloids.... more video game music but remixed.... bgm....

But... but...? Fwoo.

/Vaerama puts away the female screamo.

There's a decent amount of threads about this already

But there are never enough! 😂

One of these days, I’m gonna step into a thread, and from wall to wall people will be dropping Cradle of Filth, The Birthday Massacre, and maybe even some brand new unexplored artists/songs for me to absolutely channel through!

At least, that’s the theory. One day it might happen. Maybe. Possibly. It’ll certainly never happen if there aren’t literally bazillions of threads like these tho! :D I mean... I can’t be the *only* person who rolls out the metal when writing.

Tortured artists are the trope standard, right?! 😅

Variation

I don't write but I do draw, this songs are quite noisy so it is only to make you feel happy or excited.
That's all ahh-wooooo..... I feel sleepy:blob_sleep:
wow that first band cute a f :blob_evil_two:
good ass songs
I listen to Tibia's BGM~
Okay listen here you, I just spent so long trying to find this, is it a goose chase? inside joke?
literally every video i find on tibia has no sound. :blob_catflip: Waagh!~

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Okay listen here you, I just spent so long trying to find this, is it a goose chase? inside joke?
literally every video i find on tibia has no sound. :blob_catflip: Waagh!~
*rolls laughing* It is a joke! XD

Tibia has no BGM at all, which meant that I don't listen to anything while writing~

Sorry to send you in a goose chase, I'm used to talking to RL friends thay did play Tibia at some point, so I didn't consider you wouldn't know that! >.<

Variation

*rolls laughing* It is a joke! XD

Tibia has no BGM at all, which meant that I don't listen to anything while writing~

Sorry to send you in a goose chase, I'm used to talking to RL friends thay did play Tibia at some point, so I didn't consider you wouldn't know that! >.<
lmao was all good, was just so confused, sat there trying to fix my dang sound settings for a while even :blob_sweat:
Even tho unintended that was an epic prank, wp, wp. I'm using it asap on ppl.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
lmao was all good, was just so confused, sat there trying to fix my dang sound settings for a while even :blob_sweat:
Even tho unintended that was an epic prank, wp, wp. I'm using it asap on ppl.
*rolls laughing* Well, at least you got a fun prank to use! XD

But wow, you even tried fixing your sound settings! I certainly didn't expect that to happen! :ROFLMAO:

On a random side note, after trolling people with it, you can always tell them that Tibia has the best BGM ever, because its BGM is whatever songs you decide to play on your PC while you play~

ShrimpShady

I mostly listen to music that fits the tone of what I'm trying to write. I feel that it tends to help me get in the zone when writing.

Lately though I've mostly been listening to an instrumental version of Under the Bridge by The Red Hot Chilli Peppers. It's just got such a nice melancholic and nostalgic feel to it.

You also can't go wrong with long soft piano playlists. They're good to listen to when you can't think of anything else to listen to.