• Yes

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • No

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

LilTV1155

That's a very long winded answer that will take time to explain, and if you follow along, you'll get that answer eventually. But to put it simply, I just want to be myself. Yes, I know this is controversial, I'm feeling the burden of it now that I am being open about it, yet at the same time, I'm being bombarded with all this talk about being yourself, diversity, acceptance, blah blah blah. At the time I told that person in private about who I was, someone made a comment about loli art and they said "f**k lolicons". I felt offended by that so I confided in a person I trust about it. I wanted to let them know that not everyone who is a lolicon is a creep or stalks children. I even said I don't believe a child and a adult can be in a relationship and I'm making sure my stories do not support that. But even with that, I was discarded by them. This is making me very angry, very confused, very anxious. That's why I'm not doing that anymore, keeping it a secret. I'm sick and tired of it, and that's why I'm open about it now.

And I'm sure by now you want to mention professional help. Yes, that is something I will be seeking. I do need the assistance of a professional to help me with this journey I'm starting with. My hope is that by seeking professional assistance, I can educate not just myself, but everyone else. I truly, strongly believe, this needs to be talked about more so than ever.

Yup, pretty much.
I always find this "Be yourself, diversity, acceptance" stuff too complicated because of the double standards or issues that appear right after talking with other people about it. At least you are true and honest to yourself.

Unfortunately, there will always be people with narrow-minded perceptions and topics far too controversial to discuss nor share openly. Some of those people are ….. more likely to play "justice" roles due to lawful obligations to report crimes. As for the "professional help" mentioned, I am uncertain by what exactly you meant by that.
I did.

Once.

Good lord, never again.
Is that because it became toxic or out of control?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
sounds like my kind of dude.
"are you my kind of dude"

"yes how can you tell?"

LordJoyde

I always find this "Be yourself, diversity, acceptance" stuff too complicated because of the double standards or issues that appear right after talking with other people about it. At least you are true and honest to yourself.

Unfortunately, there will always be people with narrow-minded perceptions and topics far too controversial to discuss nor share openly. Some of those people are ….. more likely to play "justice" roles due to lawful obligations to report crimes. As for the "professional help" mentioned, I am uncertain by what exactly you meant by that.

Is that because it became toxic or out of control?
Both, but more importantly because I learned what kind of people read my novels.

Some things are best left unknown for an author that primarily writes eldritch horror comedies.

LilTV1155

Both, but more importantly because I learned what kind of people read my novels.

Some things are best left unknown for an author that primarily writes eldritch horror comedies.
....... eldritch horror comedies, wonder how it work?
Preferences attracts and repels many things. Sometimes we always questions its power.

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
I have one set aside and linked on all the stories I'm writing. Not that I'll use it, but i might as well have it handy just in case

Derin_Edala

My series has its own website and discord. I publish primarily there, and I've started releasing on sites like Scribblehub to expand readership. I started on my own website, I didn't start on Scribblehub. So that might be a bit different to the scenario you're looking for.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Nah. It'd be pretty embarrassing or cringe if I did it myself for me. It's something else when someone else does it for my story, but... myself? I wouldn't know where to hide my face... :sweating_profusely:

If I wanted to I'd make maybe just a dumping ground for characters or worlds/clans so I can remember them more easily than trawling through all my folders and notes. Oh boy, my folders.... :blob_shock: