Help Finding English Webfiction Hosting Sites

UltraRob

Scribble Hub is awesome, but different English webfiction hosting sites have different audiences and demographics, so I'm tying to put together a list of the various sites out there that people can post their stories on.

I've put together a rough list of places that people can post stories:

Fictionpress -old and filled with fragments

Wuxiaworld -home base for wuxia and xianxia stories

Gravity Tales – more xianxia and cultivation stories

Webnovel – all kinds of translated and original works here, huge reader base for male-oriented stuff

Tapas – YA and Middle Grade fiction, young audience

Royal Road -lovers of litRPGs

Wattpad – biggest English webfiction site in the world, hard to get noticed, 80% female readership

Scribble Hub – good ad-free site for lovers of original Light Novels and Webnovels, still growing

Creative Novels – mixed original and translated content, still growing

Radish – an app-based platform for writing and reading serial fiction. It claims to be focused on writers making money from their fiction through micropayments (small amounts of money like a few cents).

Are there any I'm missing?
Rob

P.S. Those are my very rough notes on each, which I plan to expand on later. Corrections are welcome.

LWFlouisa

Scribble Hub is awesome, but different English webfiction hosting sites have different audiences and demographics, so I'm tying to put together a list of the various sites out there that people can post their stories on.

I've put together a rough list of places that people can post stories:

Fictionpress -old and filled with fragments

Wuxiaworld -home base for wuxia and xianxia stories

Gravity Tales – more xianxia and cultivation stories

Webnovel – all kinds of translated and original works here, huge reader base for male-oriented stuff

Tapas – YA and Middle Grade fiction, young audience

Royal Road -lovers of litRPGs

Wattpad – biggest English webfiction site in the world, hard to get noticed, 80% female readership

Scribble Hub – good ad-free site for lovers of original Light Novels and Webnovels, still growing

Creative Novels – mixed original and translated content, still growing

Radish – an app-based platform for writing and reading serial fiction. It claims to be focused on writers making money from their fiction through micropayments (small amounts of money like a few cents).

Are there any I'm missing?
Rob

P.S. Those are my very rough notes on each, which I plan to expand on later. Corrections are welcome.

Honeyfeed is also fantastic, just note if you don't do the "writing team" thing on discord, you might not be as well known.

Heads up about Wattpad, they're switching over to automatic moderation in their web forums. I'd like to bring some friends I had over there over to here if at all possible. Especially the Literary community, and some Cell Phone Novel people.

Wow the layout of Creative Novel is so pretty. I'm loving it. Belletristica is also fantastic, thought I'd give them a pluggity plug. Prose looks promising, and there is this other site that's like Wattpad, but operates more directly with some mainstream pub.

Last edited:

UltraRob

Honeyfeed is also fantastic, just note if you don't do the "writing team" thing on discord, you might not be as well known.

Heads up about Wattpad, they're switching over to automatic moderation in their web forums. I'd like to bring some friends I had over there over to here if at all possible. Especially the Literary community, and some Cell Phone Novel people.

Wow the layout of Creative Novel is so pretty. I'm loving it. Belletristica is also fantastic, thought I'd give them a pluggity plug. Prose looks promising, and there is this other site that's like Wattpad, but operates more directly with some mainstream pub.

Wow! Thanks LWFlouisa! Honeyfeed and Belletristica are definitely worth adding to the list.

LWFlouisa

Yea fun little note about Honeyfeed, the people that operate the site are in Japan. So if it becomes popular there. Well I sought it out because eventually I want to work with a Japanese artist in Japan when I move to France.

At least on the background art, I think I have character art covered.

Japanese or Philipino. Depending on how things develop.

Also a heads up to those who write in multiple languages, it might throw some people ironically enough, if you write in English, Japanese, and French. It seems like they want to mostly provide accomodation for Francophone parlance unfortunately.

I tried being nice by learing some French, but it ended up becoming a rabbit hole that made me grow beyond the need for wattpad.

So be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:

bal

There are many websites like scribblehub, you can read them.

such as:
1. Wuxia world
2. Royal Road
3. Web Novel
4. Wapptad
5. Box Novel

This psot lists 17 such web novel sites,
You can check it.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I posted my story on Wattpad and I literally got no views.
different audience

My BL got over 2.7k faves there while here it can't reach 600 faves and I didn't start posting here much later. Romance is just more asked over there while it's isekai here.

thedude3445

I made a huge and (at the time) fairly comprehensive list of almost every English language web fiction site back in march, but it's still contained to some Reddit thread and I haven't bothered to make a blog post about it or something easier to share.

That said, just with the stories contained on these sites it'll keep readers going for literally years unless their taste is extremely specific; there's thousands of good stories out there to read.